Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should have main-evented UFC 300?
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall
Georges St-Pierre vs Khabib Nurmagomedov
Mark Hunt vs Dana White
Mark Coleman vs A Fire
Mark Twain vs The Tainted Legacy of Americana
View Results

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lol Goddard admitting he involuntarily turned into a fanboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Funny to see Max's eyes less bugged out here than for the rest of the fight while he was staying sharp

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
uber driver sucked me off???

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/MerabDvalishvil/status/1780326485171298348

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

All this talk about Yan needing to be woken up and various methods reminded me of the time claudia ghedalia's corner had someone pull open her shorts and pour cold water on her pussy mid-fight (????????????????)

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

All this talk about Yan needing to be woken up and various methods reminded me of the time claudia ghedalia's corner had someone pull open her shorts and pour cold water on her pussy mid-fight (????????????????)

I've also seen this done in boxing where the fighter's corner will pour water down their trunks the few times I've watched.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
guess what fukers, u only have me to deal with this week!

sorry, there's also the karate combat guy

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren:

PFL 2024 3: Friday, April 19. 6:30 PM ET, ESPN

Welterweights! Featherweights! Nothing else going on this weekend!

In the main event, we’ve got Andrey Koreshkov taking on Magomed Umalatov in a classic Russia Fight. Koreskhov has been killing it recently, running up a five fight win streak. Umalatov is 14-0, including a 5-0 record in PFL that has been marred by visa issues and fight withdrawals that has kept Umalatov from making the playoffs or championship finals. Umalatov has looked solid when he’s gotten inside the SmartCage, but the question is can he consistently show up?

In the co-main, Brendan Loughnane faces Pedro Carvalho. Both guys are coming off losses, with Loughnane getting knocked out by Jesus Pinedo to keep him from the PFL Playoffs, while Carvalho got groundedly pounded by Aaron Pico. Both guys are decent enough, especially for the rest of the PFL crop, but I’m pretty confident the loser of this fight isn’t making the playoffs.

Next up, former interim champ Logan Storley meets Shamil Musaev. Storley is 15-2, 10-2 in Bellator, most recently punching Brennan Ward in the face last August. Musaev is 16-0-1, mostly beating up no-hoper scrubs in M-1 and Fight Nights Global. Storley will probably attempt to grind Musaev into a fine paste of Wrestled Man, while Musaev is looking to lumpen Logan’s looks with long looping limbs.

Gabriel Alves Braga takes on Justin Gonzales. Braga lost in the 2023 finals, while Gonzales is on a two-fight skid under the Bellator banner. Braga has looked pretty good, and I hate doing this, but heck, he was mostly winning that finals fight until he wasn’t.

Now we get My Main Man Goiti Yamauchi fighting the vile Neiman Gracie once again. This is a rematch that ended super decisively when Yamauchi knocked out Gracie in the second round. Whatever to get Goiti a nice and easy win. Let’s Go(iti)

The first main card bout is Bubba Jenkins versus Kai Kamaka III. Jenkins lost to Jesus Pinedo in the PFL Playoffs most recently, while Kamaka is on a three fight win streak inside the Bellator Circlegon.

The prelim main event sees Adam Borics take on Enrique Barzola. Both guys are former Bellator Boys, with Borics going 9-2, but he hasn’t fought since a 2022 loss to Patricio Pitbull. Barzola is 4-2, riding a two fight win streak.

Timur Khizriev takes on Brett Johns in Featherweight action. Khizriev is 14-0, including his last 3 taking place in Bellator. Johns is 20-3, on a 3 fight win streak, but only his most recent has been at Featherweight. I think Johns is going to be too undersized.

Laureano Staropoli faces Murad Ramazanov in a Welterweight contest. Staropoli went 2-4 in the UFC, but has since then gone 4-0 in Europe, most recently winning at PFL Europe. Ramazanov is 11-0, with a 3-0 mark in ONE Championship. He hasn’t fought since 2022, a bout against Roberto Soldic that was rendered a No Contest after an accidental groin kick. Is Ramazanov going to be too rusty? Is the fact that Staropoli is one of Jamie Pickett’s two UFC wins extremely telling that Laureano isn’t that good? Probably both things are gonna be true. Maybe, I don’t know. I’m getting into the weeds on some dang PFL Prelims.

Don Madge battles Brennan Ward at 170 lbs. Madge’s last fight came in 2022, a third round loss to Raush Manfio. His last win is back from 2021. But hey, he did go 2-0 in the UFC, that’s not bad. Ward returned to fighting in 2022, going 3-1 in that stretch. This is going to be similar to every Brennan Ward fight. Either he gets to land honkin’ big punches, or he gets flummoxed.

Tyler Diamond meets Otto Rodrigues at 145 lbs. Diamond is 1-2 in PFL, while Rodrigues is 1-0 in Bellator. The first prelim sees Romain Debienne face Thad Jean. Romain is 2-0 in Bellator, while Thad is 2-0 in PFL.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GTO posted:

More than that, it instantly puts him back in the 'fighter I most want to see in a title fight' bucket vs before I was thinking maybe he should retire at the end of the fight.

He's both of these for me.
A warhorse like Max is going out on his shield, but I don't want him to. I want him to retire as healthy as possible and live a content life with his family.

He's going out in a fight of the year contender either way and I'm going to watch him take Topuria to war.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Justin and Max better be getting royalties on that KO clip, I'm still seeing it everywhere and it still owns

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Justin and Max better be getting royalties

And now back to regularly scheduled "just lol" about UFC operations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Yeah I've cornered a few times and a few dudes ask for it too, usually ice on the back of the neck to perk you back up and refresh you, same thing. The shock of ice water to the crotch is like being slapped. It wakes you up. The cutman was just pushing down on her face a bit to open up her nose and get more air in. Same as those little nasal strips people wear for snoring or athletics.

I sort of took the cutman's questioning of the corner as whether they're calling it or just want to get her as ready as possible over he's got some magic technique to wake up a fighter. I've seen the same touch thing done to boxers - thai and normal after they've been rocked or dropped at the end of the round.

Its probably just fight game mysticism bullshit but I actually thought Yan's x2 non stoppages were fine. I'd rather err on the side of caution and safety but I also didn't think she was too compromised to continue.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

She was out cold at the end of round 1. Full floppy mode

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I've cornered a few times and a few dudes ask for it too, usually ice on the back of the neck to perk you back up and refresh you, same thing. The shock of ice water to the crotch is like being slapped. It wakes you up.

I am reminded of Julie Kedzie telling the story of the first time she got ice on the back of the neck, she pooped her pants. Then, since the event was in Russia, she met Putin with poopypants

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

beep by grandpa posted:

https://twitter.com/ClaudiaGadelha_/status/1266242973433360384

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

(Guy takes 2nd groin kick)

Cutman who is overly enthusiastic about pouring water onto fighters' junk: 👀

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ilmucche posted:

She was out cold at the end of round 1. Full floppy mode

I know its the same net result, but there's a big difference between being stanky leg from blunt force trauma and because you almost went night night to a blood choke. I know the optics are horrible but I don't have a problem with letting it continue.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BlindSite posted:

I know its the same net result, but there's a big difference between being stanky leg from blunt force trauma and because you almost went night night to a blood choke. I know the optics are horrible but I don't have a problem with letting it continue.

From a safety perspective I can probably agree, from a competitive perspective she was out and the only reason she didn't lose was because the ref was happy to watch an unconscious person continue to get choked until the bell went

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fwiw had that exact same scenario happened at a judo tournament - choked for a bit, ref calls mate, competitor is limp and then wobbles and teeters as they try to stand - Yan would have been done for the day - precautionary medically withdrawal from all bouts.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

max holloway made me feel feelings about mma and that is rad.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

LobsterMobster posted:

Pour some water down your shorts :p

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

We don’t deserve max

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Volk owns, lmao

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C52xIrtPGwQ/?igsh=MzBsOXRtMjBsbDdp

:discourse: lost it when he started singing jimmy barnes

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Justin and Max better be getting royalties on that KO clip

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Maybe they’ll get a cut of the NFT gif of the KO.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

what the gently caress

Remember when Sean O'Malley suddenly became ranked number one after winning a bad decision over Petr Yan?

Anyway, Max rules. That Gretsky esque domination he has of the strike count rankings is loving crazy.

Claudia rules and i wish she'd been a better fighter. Her learning just enough english to clumsily poo poo talk Joanna was great

FishBowlRobot posted:

Maybe they’ll get a cut of the NFT gif of the KO.

This is what will happen

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Max and Justin are getting royalty alright...royalty SCREWED

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

hmm yeah that checks out... unlike the ones in dana's pocket which are very much staying in

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

We aren't that far removed from fans voting who gets a bonus in crypto after events.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheKingslayer posted:

We aren't that far removed from fans voting who gets a bonus in crypto after events.

Has anyone tried making "FightCoin" or "DanaWhiteCoin" yet.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Angry_Ed posted:

DanaWhitePowerSlapCoin

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
ONE Friday Morning Fights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99G-q8igYuU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Looks like yes and the associated ig account was created in may 2021, don't really wanna spend more effort than that to dig further, I'll tell you though that their website just says "actually we're gonna be named something else" which then links to another website that is completely dead.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo what a body shot KO

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

ugggghhhh immediate body shot ko on ONE :ohdear:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Livershot KOs own.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Digital Jedi posted:

Holy poo poo what a body shot KO

https://x.com/ONEChampionship/status/1781336027375743113

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

oh noo the main event in ONE just ended seconds in with a dislocated finger :(

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LobsterMobster posted:

guess what fukers, u only have me to deal with this week!

sorry, there's also the karate combat guy

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren:

PFL 2024 3: Friday, April 19. 6:30 PM ET, ESPN

Welterweights! Featherweights! Nothing else going on this weekend!

In the main event, we’ve got Andrey Koreshkov taking on Magomed Umalatov in a classic Russia Fight. Koreskhov has been killing it recently, running up a five fight win streak. Umalatov is 14-0, including a 5-0 record in PFL that has been marred by visa issues and fight withdrawals that has kept Umalatov from making the playoffs or championship finals. Umalatov has looked solid when he’s gotten inside the SmartCage, but the question is can he consistently show up?

In the co-main, Brendan Loughnane faces Pedro Carvalho. Both guys are coming off losses, with Loughnane getting knocked out by Jesus Pinedo to keep him from the PFL Playoffs, while Carvalho got groundedly pounded by Aaron Pico. Both guys are decent enough, especially for the rest of the PFL crop, but I’m pretty confident the loser of this fight isn’t making the playoffs.

Next up, former interim champ Logan Storley meets Shamil Musaev. Storley is 15-2, 10-2 in Bellator, most recently punching Brennan Ward in the face last August. Musaev is 16-0-1, mostly beating up no-hoper scrubs in M-1 and Fight Nights Global. Storley will probably attempt to grind Musaev into a fine paste of Wrestled Man, while Musaev is looking to lumpen Logan’s looks with long looping limbs.

Gabriel Alves Braga takes on Justin Gonzales. Braga lost in the 2023 finals, while Gonzales is on a two-fight skid under the Bellator banner. Braga has looked pretty good, and I hate doing this, but heck, he was mostly winning that finals fight until he wasn’t.

Now we get My Main Man Goiti Yamauchi fighting the vile Neiman Gracie once again. This is a rematch that ended super decisively when Yamauchi knocked out Gracie in the second round. Whatever to get Goiti a nice and easy win. Let’s Go(iti)

The first main card bout is Bubba Jenkins versus Kai Kamaka III. Jenkins lost to Jesus Pinedo in the PFL Playoffs most recently, while Kamaka is on a three fight win streak inside the Bellator Circlegon.

The prelim main event sees Adam Borics take on Enrique Barzola. Both guys are former Bellator Boys, with Borics going 9-2, but he hasn’t fought since a 2022 loss to Patricio Pitbull. Barzola is 4-2, riding a two fight win streak.

Timur Khizriev takes on Brett Johns in Featherweight action. Khizriev is 14-0, including his last 3 taking place in Bellator. Johns is 20-3, on a 3 fight win streak, but only his most recent has been at Featherweight. I think Johns is going to be too undersized.

Laureano Staropoli faces Murad Ramazanov in a Welterweight contest. Staropoli went 2-4 in the UFC, but has since then gone 4-0 in Europe, most recently winning at PFL Europe. Ramazanov is 11-0, with a 3-0 mark in ONE Championship. He hasn’t fought since 2022, a bout against Roberto Soldic that was rendered a No Contest after an accidental groin kick. Is Ramazanov going to be too rusty? Is the fact that Staropoli is one of Jamie Pickett’s two UFC wins extremely telling that Laureano isn’t that good? Probably both things are gonna be true. Maybe, I don’t know. I’m getting into the weeds on some dang PFL Prelims.

Don Madge battles Brennan Ward at 170 lbs. Madge’s last fight came in 2022, a third round loss to Raush Manfio. His last win is back from 2021. But hey, he did go 2-0 in the UFC, that’s not bad. Ward returned to fighting in 2022, going 3-1 in that stretch. This is going to be similar to every Brennan Ward fight. Either he gets to land honkin’ big punches, or he gets flummoxed.

Tyler Diamond meets Otto Rodrigues at 145 lbs. Diamond is 1-2 in PFL, while Rodrigues is 1-0 in Bellator. The first prelim sees Romain Debienne face Thad Jean. Romain is 2-0 in Bellator, while Thad is 2-0 in PFL.
First fight starting!

And first fight quick 6 KO!

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 20, 2024

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Is there really a Tyler Diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

First fight starting!

And first fight quick 6 KO!

THAD JEAN