Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Buying $200 nonstick cookware is goofy. It’s time to learn how cast iron and carbon steel work. No way she can screw either of those up permanently unless she is doing it intentionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
AITA for snapping and cussing at an HOA board member for not leaving us alone?

quote:

I posted this in r/amIoverreacting because I'm really not sure. This happened about a week ago and I'm on the fence.

A month ago my husband found a largish lump on our 9 year old Russell Terrier's face. We took her to the vet who told us that there was nothing that could be done for her. I was not content with that so we got a second opinion that ended up reflecting the first.

That vet told us that no matter how early we detected it, there was nothing we could have done short of jaw removal. She said that our pup had days maybe weeks, as it was a very aggressive cancer. She gave us a couple of prescriptions for pain and inflammation, which perked our dog up and made her playful again. When it seemed like the medicine was no longer working, we decided it was time.

The HOA had hired a contractor to do siding replacement and painting but our back patio was a disaster so a couple days before they were going to get to our unit the HOA told my husband he needed to clean up the back patio. He spent the entirety of the day cleaning up the patio but we had made the appointment with the vet for 4:00 so he had to take a break. His plan was to finish up the little bit that still needed doing that evening. Fwiw, it took him less than 15 min to finish up that night.

As my husband, our 10 year old, and I were all walking to the car with our dog, a woman I didn't recognize approached us. She had a smallish dog with her so I thought she was wanting to introduce our dogs to each other, which I thought was sweet.

The first thing out of her mouth was something along the lines of her being on the board and noticing our back patio wasn't done ( which she couldn't possibly have known unless she opened our privacy fence gate). I stepped in front of my husband (who had very clearly been crying and my 10 year old who was actively crying) and told her that now was not a good time as we we're on our way to the vet to have our dog put to sleep.

I honestly can't remember how she responded exactly (the adrenaline head kicked in) but it was something along the lines of "well the Workmen will be here tomorrow"

My husband said he would be finishing it and I repeated that now is really not a good time.

She said "well I'll have to contact someone" and I cut her off and said "I don't give a drat, like I said now is not a good time. We have to take our dog to go DIE, BACK OFF"

I sidestepped her to get to our van and said very loudly "Jesus Christ woman, read the loving room for fucks sake" and we promptly left.

I texted another HOA member who said to put the details into an email but now I'm wondering if it's worth it. I feel kind of like my language sort of relinquishes my moral high ground (I regret nothing!). Also, I can't see what recourse there would be since being a decent human being isn't a prerequisite having a board position.

HOA members should be the first against the wall

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
AITA For Being My Theatre Partner’s Downfall

quote:

I 22 nonbinary person and my acting partner 20 male were partnered up together in my college acting class.

He gave me his phone number and we agreed to talk and meet up. However I was texting him, and he wasn’t responding. We had to choose our scenes for class, but I couldn’t get his opinion because he wasn’t answering. Me being an anxious perfectionist, I chose a scene without his confirmation and decided who was playing who.

I found out later that he had given me the wrong phone number.

As my partner and I started rehearsing, I started to notice some habits of his. One big one was that he wouldn’t show up to practices sometimes. And every time he would, he would keep postponing it. For example I waited an hour and a half because he kept pushing the time back and I was already there waiting.

When we would meet, and he wouldn’t have his lines memorized, so practice then became time to memorize. Then again, I was also struggling with line memorization this semester. I had a medical emergency and I was a senior, so memorizing lines weren’t really at the top of my priority list either. But he wasn’t retaining the words very well and couldn’t really practice off script.

It started getting worse, when certain things in his outside life would interfere. He was having issues with something back home, so he kept his phone on at all times. This meant that we would be performing, and we would have to stop a few times in the middle for him to text someone. I recommended maybe doing rehearsal another time, and then he started trauma dumping. Me being a people pleaser I listened respectfully, even though we needed to continue practicing.

At this point I was pretty pissed off with his work habits, but our first performance together was what pushed me to talk to our professor.

During our performance, my partner had to keep asking for his lines from the professor. There was a point where the professor had to repeat one line four times for him to get it. He then asked if we could restart. This time around he couldn’t get past his first line of the scene. We had to make sure we improved before the second performance.

I went to my professor after this, and explained my situation with this partner. She told me she would talk to the class about proper rehearsal etiquette.

Coming to that class, the professor addressed the issue of people’s rehearsals. She was addressing the group, but I knew was indirectly talking about my partner. However at a certain point, she started mentioning specific details that hinted towards him. Me, being me, I also analyzed her eye contact the whole time, which she regulated to look at every one in the class.

Afterwards however, my partner came to me crying, saying that she was obviously glaring at him and she was pointing fingers without knowing his situation. Before our second performance, he texted me saying that he was too overwhelmed and can’t attend.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for telling on him?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

AITA For Being My Theatre Partner’s Downfall
So he didn't even suffer any actual repercussions? How is he even complaining to OP about it?

If he has some some sort of family problems or something why doesn't he talk to the professor or something rather than expecting OP to deal with it?

mystes fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 19, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Should my (33F) boyfriend (36M) help cover the cost of a tow?

quote:

I (33F) have been with my boyfriend (36M) for 13 months. We see each other one or twice during the week and spend a majority of the weekend together.

His apartment complex has free visitor parking until 10PM. After that, the resident has to put a pass in for the visitor, or they get towed. Residents get 4 free night passes a month. Every night after that is just under $6. Since parking there for awhile now, we learned we were generally safe until midnight and would hang out past 10PM and just get down to the garage before midnight.

Last night, I went over to his place. We had dinner, gamed together, and spent some time cuddling. My boyfriend wanted to have s, but I wanted to talk about our communication and didn't feel right having s with a conversation like that on my mind. We talked for a bit, but my boyfriend fell asleep. I kept an eye on time and woke him up by 11:45 PM. He still wanted to have s**, but I thought it was getting too late. He tried to convince me to stay by being all sweet and when I rejected him, in a not so sweet voice he said, "You don't want to get towed due you." The statement, and the way he said it, upset me. I immediately got off the bed, and packed my things up. We went down to the garage and my car had been towed (this was the second time this had happened). We were both upset, but my boyfriend took me to the tow lot to get my car.

The receipt said the car had been towed at 11:41 PM. I paid the full price to get my car out. The first time my car got towed was under some different circumstances, but my boyfriend offered to pay the cost in full, but I offered to pay half. This time, my boyfriend didn't offer to pay anything. I feel he thinks he is not at fault in any way this time. I feel my car getting towed at his place is somewhat always a fault on both of us.

Would it be wrong of me to ask him to help cover the cost of my car getting towed last night?

Tl/dr: My (33F) car at my boyfriend's (36M) apartment complex got towed last night at 11:41. Free visitor parking hours end at 10PM. We knew my car was generally safe until midnight. My boyfriend fell asleep after we talked about our communication. I woke him up at 11:45 and he wanted to have s**. I said it was getting late and I should get going. When I rejected his attempts to get me to stay, in a not so kind voice he said, "You don't want to get towed, do you?" Once we realized my car had been towed, he took me to the lot to get it. I paid for it. He didn't offer to cover anything. Would it be wrong of me to ask him if he can help cover the cost of the tow?

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Cacator posted:

I'm constantly shaking my head at people's lack of sprezzatura.

I know this is old, but DC is definitely a city anathema to the very idea of sprezzatura.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Mordiceius posted:

AITA for not taking my mom back in?

No, I'm only supposed to help your sister at your expense!

Here's a Dear Prudence that very carefully doesn't say what customers find so unpleasant about MeeMaw's conspiracy theory talk

quote:

In our family business, my husband and I find ourselves entangled with his mother, who plays a pivotal role in its day-to-day operations. While all mostly runs smoothly, there’s a snag that’s been causing me no small amount of distress: her unwavering obsession with extreme conspiracy theories. These ideas seem to guide her decisions and permeate every aspect of her interactions with our customers, leaving me in a rather uncomfortable predicament.

Given her seniority and her age, most people tend to brush off her musings or reluctantly nod along to avoid friction, and avoid her as much as they can. However, I find it increasingly challenging to dance to a tune I don’t resonate with, especially when it tarnishes our customers’ and employees’ experiences. Numerous patrons have approached me, expressing their discontent with her approach, and while I lend them a sympathetic ear, I refrain from throwing her under the proverbial bus. My husband and I are in lockstep on this issue, and he’s already attempted to broach the subject with her many times. Likewise, I’ve had a candid heart-to-heart with her about the feedback received from our clientele.

But here’s where I’m at a loss: how do I draw a line in the sand to protect my own sanity? I have zero interest in conspiracy talk, and though I’ve expressed this to her, she insists on keeping me what she believes to be informed. The constant barrage of such inane conversations is beginning to wear me down. It’s not just affecting our business’s bottom line; it’s taking a toll on my personal well-being, to the point where I find myself on the verge of snapping.

Prudence, could you lend me your wisdom on how to establish some much-needed boundaries in this situation? I’m eager to find a solution that fosters familial harmony while safeguarding the integrity of our business.

quote:

Your mother-in-law is actively upsetting customers, showing poor judgment, and not responding to feedback. You and your husband should take a serious look at whether she’s actually still playing a pivotal role in day-to-day operations, or doing more harm than good to the business. It sounds like it’s getting close to the right time for her to enjoy her retirement. However, I know the decision about when that happens isn’t yours alone and may require a conversation with several family members. With that in mind, your best bet is to focus on protecting yourself from these aggravating exchanges. If the type of business you’re running lends itself to creating some physical distance by locking yourself in an office or wearing headphones, obviously those would be good first steps. If not, I’m going to prescribe a white lie. Instead of telling her “I’m not interested in conspiracy talk”—which may just make her feel judged or inspire her to work harder to convince you that yes, Dr. Fauci and the Clintons were behind 9/11—you can say, “I’m dealing with a lot of stress/anxiety/high blood pressure and it’s important for my health that I not talk about things that are upsetting or get me worked up. Please send me all the details in an email or write them down and I’ll review it when I have a chance.” And of course, route those emails right to trash.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Danaru posted:

This isn't he first time she's had trouble in paradise.

From a month ago:

Me (33F) and my boyfriend's (36M) First anniversary date turned sour

quote:

I (33F) have been with my boyfriend (36M) for a year.

Yesterday, we went out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary. On the way home, I had made a joke and my boyfriend got it, and I gave him, what I considered, a love tap on the arm with the back of my open, relaxed hand.

My boyfriend, in a very stern voice (think mother reprimanding a child after telling them not to do something multiple times, but the child still does it) says, "Don't you ever punch me!" I reply that I didn't punch him and go to explain the love tap, but he interrupts me by restating, in the same stern voice, "Don't you ever punch me!" I was taken a back/shocked. My boyfriend has never talked to me like this before. I was too upset to talk the rest of the car ride back to his place’.

When we got to his place, I let him know that I was not okay with the way he had talked to me in the car for something I did, to my recollection, once. He brings up that during Memorial Day weekend 2023, while we were joking around with each other while cooking, I had "hit" him in the same manner (love taps) three times. He explained he was shocked by the first one (because I had not "hit" him before) and started to question the reason for the second and third "hits". He didn't say anything that weekend and decided that if I "hit" him again, then he would say something. Tonight just happened to be number four.

I replied that I felt it was unfair for him to react in such an extreme way for doing something for the first time in a while (9 months) and for me doing something I had no idea that he didn't like. I also stated I did not like that he didn't tell me about not liking those kinds of touches from me the first time it happened. If he had told me, tonight would have never happened.

My boyfriend has an old shoulder injury that has been more painful than usual recently. He says I "hit" him in a spot that was especially sensitive, which is why he reacted the way he did, justifying he had every right to say what he said and the way he said it.He also stated that seconds after he said what he said in the car, he was cooled down and over it and ready to move on. He also shared that he hoped I wasn’t upset.

I shared that this discussion was me letting him know I was upset. We continued to go back and forth, essentially saying the same things, just in different ways. When I noticed we were talking in circles, I said we may have to agree to disagree. However, my boyfriend kept trying to justify himself; this was the 4th time I "hit" him, his shoulder injury, he was driving, and the sternness in his voice was more from the surprise pain from my "hit" than directed towards me in anger.

I decided to let him know that what I really wanted was an apology for the way he spoke to me. After some more back and forth about the same things, my boyfriend apologized for the way he spoke to me. I accepted his apology. My boyfriend gave me a look like he was waiting for me to say something. When I didn't say anything, he asked if I was going to apologize for "hitting" him tonight and in the past. I was floored. I didn't believe I should have to apologize. It was our anniversary, so I apologized.

However, his apology has not made me feel better. I am still upset about last night and the way it played out (especially with it being our first anniversary). I honestly don’t know what it is going to take at this time to make me feel better.

My questions are: Does anyone else give their friends and/or significant others “love taps”? Is my boyfriend overreacting by saying I “hit” him? Am I overreacting?

Tl/dr: I (33F) gave my boyfriend (36M) a “love tap” with the back of my open, relaxed hand in the car on the way home from our anniversary dinner. He responded with, “Don’t you ever punch me!” in an extremely stern voice twice. When I confronted him about how he talked to me, he brought up three times I previously “hit” him (love taps) months ago (but didn’t say anything until last night) and believes he had every right to say what he said and the way he said it. I believe his reaction was extreme considering this was my first time hearing that he did not like those kinds of touches. We apologized. My boyfriend is over it, but I’m not.

Does anyone else give their friends and/or significant others “love taps”? Is my boyfriend overreacting by saying I “hit” him? Am I overreacting?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Danaru posted:

not really relevant but this trend of people self censoring is so weird to me

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Danaru posted:

And then her boyfriend did that thing girls do where they gather their hair up like they're going to put it in a ponytail but they don't (oh God I found this a reread it now my brain in mush)

And randomly, a really cute one: My sister looks great and I always look busted

quote:

My little sister and I have really similar faces and body types. She literally always looks good and really pretty and I always look kind of busted. I've looked through some pictures and the way she dresses really flatters her figure, and she wears makeup most of the time. Comparing us side by side, I guess I mostly just look less put together. She has a cohesive style that she rocks, and I mostly wear jeans and whatever t-shirt.

I don't really know where to start with upgrading my style. I want to know how to dress in a way that flatters my figure, makes me feel good, and in colors that look good on me. I also want it to be my style though, and I barely know what that is!

I also want to learn how to do makeup, but don't know where to start! It feels like almost everyone has their own look and own style and just...knows what to do. I don't know what makeup to buy much less how to use it

Can you guys help me learn how to look more put together?

Edit: things I've learned so far! I have yellow/olive undertones to my skin, hooded eyes, hourglass shape that I don't define well because I'm self conscious about my stomach. I can't figure out my face shape? And I'm not sure how to know what colors look good on me

Edit2: EYELASH CURLERS LOOK TERRIFYING

Edit3: Y'all I did ask my sister for help! She pointed me in the right direction and a lot of y'all have given me awesome resources and tips too. I'm really excited! Also she's not like in the other room she's a college student in the middle of studying for finals like 30+ hours away from where I live. I didn't want to put more on her plate but she was super happy to help!

Edit to update 2 weeks later: I've been practicing makeup and paying more attention to what I wear, what colors I like, and what I like wearing. I've also scrolled through old selfies looking at what colors I look good in, and made Pinterest inspo boards. Makeup makes a huge difference, and I'm realizing that I compare how I look barefaced with how other people look wearing makeup - my sister included. I also have a penchant for cool pastels and they wash me out! I never wear things that emphasize my waist (baggy t-shirts and midrise jeans), so I feel a lot bigger than I actually am. Understanding what I feel comfortable in and what I look good in has shifted how I see the clothes I have, and the direction I want my wardrobe to go in. Some of the outfits I like best do emphasize my waist or are in colors that really show off my skin tone. My favorite outfit is a navy blue crop top with a high-waisted skirt, and it's literally the only thing that hits all the buttons of what should look good on me. Definitely working on moving toward clothes that function well for my life AND flatter me!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

AITA for making fun of my friend for getting sloppy seconds?

quote:

We're all at Nash Bash (huge rugby celebration in Nashville) and my friend made out with someone who our other friend had hosed last year. We're all drunk and I jokingly asked them "How's it feel to have X's sloppy seconds?" They proceeded to get really offended and kicked me out of the smoking circle even tho they weren't rolling or providing the weed. Was I the rear end in a top hat?

P.S. sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes I am still drunk

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I know the classics posts were about 10 pages back but this one has to be included:

My (29F) Boyfriend (29M) keeps getting into fights with a cook at Waffle House

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1260126130687881217?lang=en

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Man, when you get kicked out of the smoking circle by somebody who was neither rolling NOR providing weed, that's when you know you gotta sit back and take stock.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Dameius posted:

I know the classics posts were about 10 pages back but this one has to be included:

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1260126130687881217?lang=en

The Waffle House is a legendary fighting arena

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Mordiceius posted:

This isn't he first time she's had trouble in paradise.

From a month ago:

Me (33F) and my boyfriend's (36M) First anniversary date turned sour

this person seems exhausting. "don't hit me" is a boundary her boyfriend is allowed to have and she's loving arguing about it and obsessing online and begging for strangers to give her official permission to touch her boyfriend in ways he does not like and actively asked her not to

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
The waffle House guys are obviously in love and speaking in Code. Ordering runny eggs is his way of saying look, I'm still gonna marry this woman, but I want to have sex with you on the side.

Serving the dude eggs every way but runny is basically the cook telling him I'm not gonna settle for second fiddle either leave your fiancé and run off with me and we get married or go gently caress yourself.

I'm with the cook on this one. This guy has to make a decision. Either he gets married and rides off into the sun or fights this waffle House cook every night for the rest of his life.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DeeplyConcerned posted:

The waffle House guys are obviously in love and speaking in Code. Ordering runny eggs is his way of saying look, I'm still gonna marry this woman, but I want to have sex with you on the side.

Serving the dude eggs every way but runny is basically the cook telling him I'm not gonna settle for second fiddle either leave your fiancé and run off with me and we get married or go gently caress yourself.

I'm with the cook on this one. This guy has to make a decision. Either he gets married and rides off into the sun or fights this waffle House cook every night for the rest of his life.

Thank you for saying what we're all thinking.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Doesn't everyone have a Waffle House cook that they go to for fistfights on the regular? What are you even doing with your life if you don't?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

Doesn't everyone have a Waffle House cook that they go to for fistfights on the regular? What are you even doing with your life if you don't?

There are zero Waffle Houses in my country. My life is a living hell.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dameius posted:

Didn't this guy keep getting into fights and losing them? Or am I confusing them with someone else?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
No you're thinking of Fightman

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Biplane posted:

There are zero Waffle Houses in my country. My life is a living hell.

*pornhub ad voice*
There are angry Waffle House line cooks in your area looking for encounters and possible fist fights!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
She just has to recognise that she'll be his Chi-Chi but the waffle house cook is his Vegeta.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Kenshin posted:

No you're thinking of Fightman

Was he the guy that was Instantly Angry?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Was he the guy that was Instantly Angry?

That's the guy!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

She just has to recognise that she'll be his Chi-Chi but the waffle house cook is his Vegeta.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for not mowing my neighbors yard??

quote:

Context- I’ve lived next to these neighbors for years and we’ve never really had issues besides a few times they’ve parked in our driveway (we live on opposite sides of an entire street so it was completely uncalled for). These are ultra clean freaks, though. I’ve seen him on multiple occasions scrubbing individual rocks of his driveway with a toothbrush, pressure wash his outdoor trash bin, trim bushes with scissors, etc. like super weird people.

Last week they decided to go on a vacation and called us to let us know and ask to watch over their house. We agreed. We didn’t see anything unusual and even made sure their packages were out of the rain. They have 4 outdoor cameras so it’s not like they couldn’t see what was up anyways. Over the past week we’ve had a lot of rain where we’re located so the grass grew a lot. They moved the day they left and it grew to about 5 inches.

Anyway, they got home yesterday and called us to let us know. We thought nothing of it and asked how their trip was. We were friendly and chatted for a while about their vacation yada yada. Then they say “wouldve been nice if we came home to a nice yard, but I see you didn’t care to do anything nice for us.” Excuse me?? There were branches in their yard which we gladly moved when we moved the ones that fell in ours, but mowing your grass…? We told them it wasn’t really a priority for us as we work full time, they’re retired and it’s not even our house?

It’s important to mention, our property line doesn’t cross, we literally have a road between our houses. So it’s not like it’s just running the mower over ours and just connecting theirs. We would actually have to walk the mower across the street and mow it. They’ve mowed for us twice when we were sick. Other times they’ve literally called the city on us to get us fined for having “too long of grass” yet they want us to mow theirs??? Right… AITA??

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mx. posted:

quote:

Other times they’ve literally called the city on us to get us fined for having “too long of grass”

Why are you continuing contact with these people

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Captain Hygiene posted:

A fun "guess where this one's going based on the title" entry:

AITA for arguing/getting upset at a zookeeper, during a private tour of the zoo?

But I paid good money to see the tiger poo :arghfist::qq:

What also made me laugh was a zookeeper showing up in the comments confirming that, yes, the big cats do in fact create ungodly waste horrors that can make visitors vomit on a good day, even providing proof I'm too scared to click on :sweatdrop:

The zoo gift shop I worked at was situated near the tiger habitat, and one day a kid got sprayed, like, direct impact from only a few feet away. They brought her into the store to pick out a new t-shirt. I'll never forget that stench. Poor kid. Changing her shirt wasn't going to do anything to help.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

"Never work with children or animals."

—W.C. Fields, actor

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

This guy is obviously TA but I do miss getting paper copies of certain things, the main one being concert tickets. I have a collection of old ticket stubs that just stops abruptly in the late 2000s.

Also from a usability standpoint, a map is about 40 000 times better than a telephone. Unless your telephone is loving gigantic I guess.

Then again I don't give a poo poo about theme parks.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mx. posted:

quote:

I’ve seen him on multiple occasions scrubbing individual rocks of his driveway with a toothbrush

what the gently caress

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

IIRC I’m a previous iteration of the thread, someone commented that they had applied for a job at Waffle House and one of the interview questions was, “Do you have any fighting skills?”

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Again, they're not asking IF you HAVE fighting skills, but WHY aren't you ALREADY fighting them.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITAH for feeling like my husband cheated?

quote:

My husband (30M) and I (30F) have been married for almost 4 years and together for 6. He has never given me any reason to distrust him or think he has cheated on me. He travels for work and his best friend since high school (30M) travels with him and they’ll usually split the cost of a hotel room. His friend just went through a nasty divorce and has been exploring his feelings for men and questioning his sexuality.

He and my husband have always joked around with each other and made sexual jokes. My husband told me that last time they stayed together that one of them said they had an idea of how to tell if his friend was really gay. They could jerk off while looking at each other and see if they got hard. He said they jerked off for a few seconds, neither got hard and then theystopped and laughed it off.

I feel cheated on. My husband thinks I’m overreacting and that it was a stupid joke. He also says if the roles were reversed and it was me and one of my close friends he wouldn’t care. I can’t get past it though. The fact he and another person touched themselves sexually even if there was no arousal or finishing it just feels wrong to me.

I have a lot of anxiety and tend to overthink so I figured I’d ask an objective audience if I’m overreacting

Fellas,

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

artsy fartsy posted:

AITAH for feeling like my husband cheated?

Fellas,

NTA, those crystals won't charge themselves

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

hey i wouldn't care if it was you and one of your close friends haha not at all wouldn't want to watch that haha

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
DH (28m) thinks my (33f) boobs (I cup) are too big. Is this a big deal?

quote:

Don't get me wrong, obviously I know they're big, obscenely big, but I never thought he cared one way or another. He isn't a tit man at all, he's an rear end man.

We are newlyweds, coming up on a year together. My boobs were never a source of comment either way, for or against, and he pays attention to them in bed for me. He does like to joke with his buddies that he got the biggest and best ones and they compare pics (I don't mind).

A few months ago, he commented that my nipples were getting bigger and that he liked it. This is the first positive thing he's had to say about them, and I was happy. Then we were teasing each other about exes one day and he mentioned that his ex had perfect, perky, sexy boobs. I was surprised by this comment because he says he doesn't like boobs and never has. I asked him, and he said he was just teasing me to get a rise out of me.

Fast forward to last night, we were talking about sex and I said I've always wanted to be with a woman, and that breast size wouldn't matter, I'd just be happy to have tits in my hands and mouth. He says "My ideal boobs on a woman are a D, maximum. Any bigger and they sag too much." This made me feel awful and self conscious about my boobs. I'm 4'9 with I cup breasts, there's no way perky is a descriptor.

He told me that when we are done having kids, I could get a reduction if I wanted. I've considered it before because of my back and shoulder pain, but at the same time I love my boobs. I have a really small waist and big hips and they balance it all out. But at the same time, they are inconvenient.

I'm just surprised and a little hurt that he never told me he felt this way. Now I feel like I must gross him out and look like a circus freak to him, and it's not like they're easy to ignore...I have limited insight into the male psyche, do you think this is something that's a big deal to him or is it probably a minor matter of preference that doesn't mean much in the long run?

TL;DR DH previously showed zero interest or preference in boobs. Now I find out he does and it's opposite of me and I feel awkward and unappealing. Is he thinking "ew" all the time or is it maybe not a big deal?

"I have giant boobs and am actively fantasizing about having sex with a woman."

"Your tits are disgusting and I think you're ugly."

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AITA if I get angry on my husband because he woke me up from my sleep?

quote:

Well little backstory I m 25F and my husband 29M have been married for 5years from 5 months I developed gallbladder stone and some gastric issues which won't let me sleep in night due to uncomfortable and sometimes I feel pain. I will get sleep at like 1 or 2 am then I will wake up by 3 am and then I won't get sleep until 6-7am in morning.

Today afternoon after completing all my houseworks and doing my editing work I got sleep around 3:50 pm and then my husband woke me up at 4:30pm asking to bring him lunch and I said no 3-4 times but he keep waking me up like 5-6 times and in end I had to wake up and bring him lunch even through he is perfectly able to bring himself or ask MIL still he wake me up and due to this I can't get back to sleep again and started having headache.

So reddit people AITA or it's wrong of him to ?

Hey toots, don't forget to cut the crust off my sandwich like mommy does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

therobit posted:

IIRC I’m a previous iteration of the thread, someone commented that they had applied for a job at Waffle House and one of the interview questions was, “Do you have any fighting skills?”

Waffle House on a Saturday morning is perfect for people who feel that drag brunches don’t contain enough MMA/pro wrestling.