Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Lord, the goony martial arts guys. Those are shirts loving Guy Fieri would wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Thank goodness Lana Lei has the exact same measurements as Tekken's Nina Williams, tough to do spy stuff when your clothes don't fit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"Well, time to go to the locker room and get dressed for my shift, I'll just put my sword in here until it's time to clock out..."

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Will full access to the Amphitrite secured, it's finally time for Tekken's Nina Williams to crash the Kometa board meeting and see what's really going on aboard this ship. However, things quickly go south of the infiltration and it's all hands on deck while everyone tries to evacuate. Can Nina catch her marks before the escape, or will the chaos of their exit strategy cause her to fall right into their hands?

TwoPair posted:

"Well, time to go to the locker room and get dressed for my shift, I'll just put my sword in here until it's time to clock out..."

Look he was saving that one for lunch and Nina just has no respect for personal property.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

"perhaps you are taller, but can you jump so high that you can hit the top of the doorway!?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I imagined the "taller" thing would come down to John Speed having to just shatter the bad guy's legs until they couldn't stand taller anymore.

Also I guess all the zombies in Nina's Scarecrow level were just those other dudes with the guns from before the needle knocked her out since none of them are around after you beat Lana.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Man I have completely and utterly lost the plot, but it's still fun watching Nina kick these idiots around.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

PurpleXVI posted:

Man I have completely and utterly lost the plot, but it's still fun watching Nina kick these idiots around.
Same. I have no idea what's going on anymore but people are being kicked repeatedly.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Alright, let's do a quick plot synopsis then to make sure everyone is caught up for the next episode:

Somewhere around the Bermuda Triangle, a military ship suddenly sank due to some strange phenomenon.
As part of an investigation into a criminal organization, Kometa, Tekken's Nina Williams joins a join mission between the CIA and MI6. Kometa sells weapons to various terrorist groups around the world, and is believed to be involved in the Bermuda Triangle incident. The organization's executives are meeting on board the Amphitrite, a cruise ship, and Nina is meant to be backup in case something goes south with the two main operatives, John Doe (CIA) and Alan Smithee (MI6). She goes undercover in the on-ship fighting tournament, but is immediately caught for being Tekken's Nina Williams, the famed assassin. Here she meets three of the big players in the criminal organization: Byrce Adams, Lana Lei, and Engrique Ortega. The fourth, Edgar Grant is currently unaccounted for.
At the same time, John and Alan get caught by security. Nina is able to save Alan during a sniper sequence, but John has gone missing. Nina is able to track John down to the ship freezer, but finds he's been killed by Edgar Grant. She also gets into a fight with Bryce Adams, who has taken John's GPS device which tracks the Kometa execs. After chasing Bryce down and killing him in the ship's gladiatorial sword arena, Tekken's Nina Williams gets the GPS device back and finds where the meeting is taking place.
After gaining complete access to the Amphitrite by infiltrating Lana Lei's room, Nina is able to pilot a drone into the Kometa meeting room, only to find most of the execs murdered with Lana and Enrique now at odds with each other. Lana escapes from Enrique's grasp by setting off a smoke grenade, which also makes the fire alarm go off on the ship. Nina catches up to the execs during their emergency exit procedure, where Lana has Enrique held up at his helicopter. Tekken's Nina Williams is hit with a poison needle and has a psychic mind battle with Lana, because she killed Lana's boyfriend Bryce earlier. She defeats Lana and leaves her prone, giving her enough time to jump onto Enrique's helicopter before she passes out.

It's just that simple.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I think it was a cargo ship and not a military vessel that got sunk in the triangle, and that the ship was owned by a company that Lana is the owner of, going by the argument in the meeting room.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
You could have given me a hundred years and I would have never guessed where that boss fight was going.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay but where do the edible rats factor into the plot?

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

I think it was a cargo ship and not a military vessel that got sunk in the triangle, and that the ship was owned by a company that Lana is the owner of, going by the argument in the meeting room.

Ah, you got me, got my details mixed up. It was a cargo ship owned by Kometa that sunk, and the Kometa exec meeting was about that.

RareAcumen posted:

Okay but where do the edible rats factor into the plot?

The edible rats are the last survivors from the destroyed ship. The reason Nina won't eat them is because they remind her of her childhood trauma of being a survivor in the Arctic.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

After an improptu run-in with Enrique and Lana, Tekken's Nina Williams finds herself locked up in a run-down prison facility. Nothing the most famous international assassin can't handle though, especially when she finds out there's plenty of intel to get in her new temporary residence. Sometimes it's nice to see a plan come together, even if it involves being poisoned and taken away to a dilapidated prison without any sort of proper accommodations. Plus, there are new fingerprints to steal!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I like to imagine that Nina always had a hobby of collecting fingerprints, so she gets to get paid for her hobby on this run and she's just so happy there's so many to collect.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I've actually been wondering about Soul Calibur Yoshimitsu vs Tekken Yoshimitsu for a while too, thank you for bringing it up Chorps.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I was kinda disappointed to learn that the weird derelict prison structure wasn't still on board the cruise ship.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

we don't know that it isn't on a different cruise ship

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

We also don't know if we got moved inside an even bigger ship. The kometa might just have repurposed an oil tank for a giant torture prison and war crimes complex for all we know.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The whole planet might be a big boat. The Tower of Babel never fell in the Tekken universe so language wasn't shattered and spread to the winds, who knows what's going on here.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Cooked Auto posted:

We also don't know if we got moved inside an even bigger ship. The kometa might just have repurposed an oil tank for a giant torture prison and war crimes complex for all we know.

It is just a boat within a boat, within a boat, forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

EricFate posted:

It is just a boat within a boat, within a boat, forever.

It's boats all the way down.