Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mags posted:

Covid still averaging over a thousand deaths a week lol

good ol' double genocide joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

open biden

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Nichael posted:

It is an open secret among local Delaware bougie businesses that Biden would walk in, pick up luxury merchandise, promise to pay later, and never do it. People repeatedly fell for "the Vice President isn't really going to rip me off.... right???"
deal from strength or get crushed every time

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://x.com/rawsalerts/status/1783296545296629988

lmao she’s so whacked it’s giving her security conniptions through the aether

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Joementum posted:

good ol' double genocide joe

triple

don't forget all the people in Afghanistan that are dying from his starvation sanctions

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

selec posted:

Being in close contact with Kamala seems to make you turn into her eventually.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bishyaler posted:

triple

don't forget all the people in Afghanistan that are dying from his starvation sanctions

oops all genocides

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

deal from strength or get crushed every time

Honestly, ripping off lovely little gentrifying businesses in this state is one of the best things he's ever done.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

selec posted:

rolled D100 on the insanity table after taking psychic damage

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bishyaler posted:

triple

quad-genocide considering the border (ULTRA KILL!)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bishyaler posted:

rolled D100 on the insanity table after taking psychic damage

lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Being in close contact with Kamala seems to make you turn into her eventually.

gimme a hit of that coconut tree

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

havana syndrome is real and originates and propagates from kamala harris

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Maed posted:

havana syndrome is real and originates and propagates from kamala harris

Okay, okay. You convinced me. I'm voting for her (writing her in, chipmunk style).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Typhoid Kamala

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Joementum posted:

Virgil wasn't even the first Chapo orbiter to get disappeared. That honor goes to Sam Kriss.

kriss writes for the spectator and fringe catholic online mags now lol

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Joementum posted:

oops all genocides

if people don’t want to be genocided they should learn how to vote

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

voted for putin

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Joementum posted:

Virgil wasn't even the first Chapo orbiter to get disappeared. That honor goes to Sam Kriss.

literally thought the original reveal was some bit with how virgil was negging the girl in the chat

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Joementum posted:

just looked up emmet rensin and apparently he just published a book about "what it’s like to live with schizoaffective disorder of the bipolar type"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mcmagic posted:

There is no way he made enough money to never have to work again.......... I wonder if he's working a laptop job somewhere, or driving lyft.

I think you're underestimating how much money the chapos make. I wouldn't be surprised if Virgil ended up with at least a couple million dollars over the time he was with the show.

It's at least enough to not need to worry about working for a really long time.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Bugfuck Style in American Leftism

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

just looked up emmet rensin and apparently he just published a book about "what it’s like to live with schizoaffective disorder of the bipolar type"

I was seeing him around town a bit before and after that poo poo dropped and his affect went from “a hunted man” to “a hunted man who knows they’re onto him”

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I think you're underestimating how much money the chapos make. I wouldn't be surprised if Virgil ended up with at least a couple million dollars over the time he was with the show.

It's at least enough to not need to worry about working for a really long time.

If they’re smart with money, and the background they’re from means that at least a couple of them are, they’ve probably made enough to keep themselves comfortable for the rest of their lives, especially considering the connections they’ve made. Also you could blow through that kind of cash really quick if you tried a little

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Another politico story about the press & the biden administration: Inside the Off-the-Record Calls Held by Anti-Trump Legal Pundits

quote:

The people on the call weren’t affiliated with the investigation or the government. But they would have been familiar to anyone who watches cable news. They were some of the country’s most well-known legal and political commentators, and they were there to get insights into the committee’s work and learn about what to look for at the hearings.

The group’s gathering was not a one-time event, but in fact an installment in an exclusive weekly digital salon, whose existence has not been previously reported, for prominent legal analysts and progressive and conservative anti-Trump lawyers and pundits. Every Friday, they meet on Zoom to hash out the latest twists and turns in the Trump legal saga — and intellectually stress-test the arguments facing Trump on his journey through the American legal system.

The meetings are off the record — a chance for the group’s members, many of whom are formally or loosely affiliated with different media outlets, to grapple with a seemingly endless array of novel legal issues before they hit the airwaves or take to print or digital outlets to weigh in with their thoughts. About a dozen or more people join any given call, though no one takes attendance. Some group members wouldn’t describe themselves with any partisan or ideological lean, but most are united by their dislike of Trump.

The group’s host is Norman Eisen, a senior Obama administration official, longtime Trump critic and CNN legal analyst, who has been convening the group since 2022 as Trump’s legal woes ramped up. Eisen was also a key member of the team of lawyers assembled by House Democrats to handle Trump’s first impeachment.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

lol working class sensibility

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

is pepsi ok posted:

so is the number of people who faced lasting consequences from #metoo/#timesup literally just zero? weinstein and cosby got their charges overturned and everyone else just got "cancelled" unless i'm forgetting someone.

Al Franken?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nothus posted:

Al Franken?

He's running

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

Another politico story about the press & the biden administration: Inside the Off-the-Record Calls Held by Anti-Trump Legal Pundits

will lol forever if the Biden group loses the election because of their reaction to Donald Trump's crimes

quote:

The regular attendees on Eisen’s call include Bill Kristol, the longtime conservative commentator, and Laurence Tribe, the famed liberal constitutional law professor. John Dean, who was White House counsel under Richard Nixon before pleading guilty to obstruction of justice in connection with Watergate, joins the calls, as does George Conway, a conservative lawyer and co-founder of the anti-Trump Lincoln Project. Andrew Weissmann, a longtime federal prosecutor who served as one of the senior prosecutors on Robert Mueller’s Trump-Russia investigation and is now a legal analyst for MSNBC, is another regular on the calls. Jeffrey Toobin, a pioneer in the field of cable news legal analysis, is also a member of the crew. The rest of the group includes recognizable names from the worlds of politics, law and media.

I wasn't aware of that particular euphemism for what Toobin did but okay

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I know Biden was the final nail for MeToo but I bet the shine first started wearing off with Franken

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its insanely funny that Trump has so obsessed the American media elite class that they get together on a zoom call on loving Friday afternoon to bitch about him

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

its insanely funny that Trump has so obsessed the American media elite class that they get together on a zoom call on loving Friday afternoon to bitch about him

quote:

I have never been invited to take part in these calls, but I managed to get some insight into them by speaking to a small number of regular participants and to people who had been invited to speak to the group. We reached out to everyone mentioned in this story to give them an opportunity to comment; none spoke on the record. The people I did speak to were granted anonymity because they had agreed to keep the sessions off-the-record and had not been authorized to speak to me.

Indeed, as I was reporting this story, I learned that some members of the group were understandably anxious about its publication. Trump has claimed that there is a legal conspiracy against him, and there is a risk that news of a group such as this could give Trump and his allies an attractive target.

Trump’s claims of an organized conspiracy might be bunk, but there are other potential problems with the Friday Zooms: There is a risk, for instance, that the calls could breed groupthink or perhaps help dubious information spread, where it might then reach people watching the news.

I have never been invited to take part in these calls, but I managed to get some insight into them by speaking to a small number of regular participants and to people who had been invited to speak to the group. We reached out to everyone mentioned in this story to give them an opportunity to comment; none spoke on the record. The people I did speak to were granted anonymity because they had agreed to keep the sessions off-the-record and had not been authorized to speak to me.

Indeed, as I was reporting this story, I learned that some members of the group were understandably anxious about its publication. Trump has claimed that there is a legal conspiracy against him, and there is a risk that news of a group such as this could give Trump and his allies an attractive target.

Trump’s claims of an organized conspiracy might be bunk, but there are other potential problems with the Friday Zooms: There is a risk, for instance, that the calls could breed groupthink or perhaps help dubious information spread, where it might then reach people watching the news.

A prominent legal commentator with a TV contract was surprised to learn about the existence of the calls when I approached them for the story. That person, who was granted anonymity to speak candidly, volunteered some reservations about the idea of hosting a standing, off-the-record call with people working across different television, print and digital outlets.

“It runs the risk of creating the impression that there is an agreement or cooperation or conspiracy across mainstream media entities,” this person told me. “And that could feed into some false and damaging perceptions, particularly on the right.”

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

He's running

Cuomo is also prepping for a return to NY politics, I guarantee it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

all the worthless corporate media sites (especially cnn and msnbc) are 200% obsessed with trump lol the dumb trial poo poo gets page 1 and more important stuff gets like page 3

its worse than 2016

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Groupthink??? In MY capitalist media???

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Joementum posted:

@Mobute, worked for Gawker, Daily Beast, the Guardian, segments on Chris Hayes. was on the lovely media men spreadsheet for sending creepy dms.

he sent me one once (here on the forums) but I guess I trashed it; I should've kept the gross messages like that one & qualnor wishing cancer deaths uponst my family (it came true!).

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

One of the guests invited to speak to the group told me that they appreciated the opportunity to talk with media figures who were clearly interested in what they had to say and were eager to learn more. “What was probably going on a lot of the time,” this person told me, was that “they were uncertain of what they had been writing, and this call gave all of us an opportunity to discuss that uncertainty and flesh it out.”

Others told me that they appreciated the opportunity to speak to the group but found it largely unmemorable — another conference call, perhaps, in a sea of conference calls.

The same guest positioned them as a natural fit for our strange political moment. “This is really the first time in American history where the Constitution and laws are front and center at the same time that the politics are front and center in the nation,” they said. “And so for me to get there and be able to talk to them about what you and I are talking about right now, was just a privilege for me.”

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Biden turning out to be a confirmed rapist just shifted #metoo far enough to make his situation okay. So any claims by any victims can now be ignored depending on who they are accusing.

Masterson got got in 2017 because 4 women accused him during #metoo. This was when Trump was in office so this was considered a big deal and important and all victims should be believed but any prominent democrat would get a free pass for the same thing right now like Biden did when he raped Tara Reade.

It seemed that there was a concerted effort in abating Me Too once all those lib journos like garrison keillor & charlie rose & matt lauer were named.

Anyway, weinstein will still be in prison for rape but it'll be in california not ny.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

all the worthless corporate media sites (especially cnn and msnbc) are 200% obsessed with trump lol the dumb trial poo poo gets page 1 and more important stuff gets like page 3

its worse than 2016

I watched some manbc the other day and it was 90% about the latest BOMBSHELL in the trump trial and 10% about how the pro palestine protests make jewish people feel unsafe. They interviewed a student who wasn't jewish who said that all the jewish students on campus are too scared to go to class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SixteenShells posted:

I know Biden was the final nail for MeToo but I bet the shine first started wearing off with Franken

i think this is when it definitively died

https://twitter.com/sfpelosi/status/1147657745253855233