Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Srice posted:

I watched some manbc the other day and it was 90% about the latest BOMBSHELL in the trump trial and 10% about how the pro palestine protests make jewish people feel unsafe. They interviewed a student who wasn't jewish who said that all the jewish students on campus are too scared to go to class.

i wouldnt be able to put myself through watching any of that garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hello. great morning

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

SixteenShells posted:

I know Biden was the final nail for MeToo but I bet the shine first started wearing off with Franken

Remember when Kirsten Gillibrand pushed him to resign and it made libs so mad it killed her 2020 presidential hopes

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the "times up" paid executive taking a gig at the same time to defend a bank (merril-lynch?) accused of systematic sexual abuse and harassment was also a good bit

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

I was at a relative's house so alas I couldn't just change the tv. Sitting through that makes me braver than any troop.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

bedpan posted:

quote:

Trump’s claims of an organized conspiracy might be bunk, but there are other potential problems with the Friday Zooms: There is a risk, for instance, that the calls could breed groupthink or perhaps help dubious information spread, where it might then reach people watching the news.

You are literally reporting on a conspiricy against Trump right now, as you are writing this.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Jen heir rick posted:

You are literally reporting on a conspiricy against Trump right now, as you are writing this.

No, bad guys do conspiracies. Capitalist media organizations are the good guys.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jen heir rick posted:

right lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Srice posted:

I was at a relative's house so alas I couldn't just change the tv. Sitting through that makes me braver than any troop.

critical support

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

bedpan posted:

weinstein wasn't protected only for class reasons, but because weinstein represents an ideal of arbitrary, destructive, autocratic rule over inferiors. to really punish weinstein would be to the indict the people who want to be him, do what he did, and see his only crime if any is getting caught

The founding principles of this country are that guys like him can do whatever they want, so yeah.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Srice posted:

I watched some manbc the other day and it was 90% about the latest BOMBSHELL in the trump trial and 10% about how the pro palestine protests make jewish people feel unsafe. They interviewed a student who wasn't jewish who said that all the jewish students on campus are too scared to go to class.

I know it's a misspelling, but manbc sounds like something a bad sitcom writer makes up for their misandrist character. "Oh, getting all your fake news from MANBC, a channel that's all about old, white MEN, are you, you PENIS-HAVER."

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

bedpan posted:

the "times up" paid executive taking a gig at the same time to defend a bank (merril-lynch?) accused of systematic sexual abuse and harassment was also a good bit

also working with cuomo's chief of staff to defend him against the same.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

david shor...... haven't heard about him in a while

did biffing 2022 midterms hurt his biz that bad?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

HallelujahLee posted:

MSNBC actively misinforms. You become dumber by watching it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

The same guest positioned them as a natural fit for our strange political moment. “This is really the first time in American history where the Constitution and laws are front and center at the same time that the politics are front and center in the nation,” they said. “And so for me to get there and be able to talk to them about what you and I are talking about right now, was just a privilege for me.”

BUH?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
https://twitter.com/PhillyTheBoss/status/1783160381587824691

this one got sent in a group chat purely to cause me psychic damage

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

david shor...... haven't heard about him in a while

did biffing 2022 midterms hurt his biz that bad?

it was more that he was being paid by SBF

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Joementum posted:

it was more that he was being paid by SBF

oh yeah, forgot he was wrapped up in that with big sean

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AmiYumi posted:

I think non-competes being banned is actually kind of cool but lmao at the idea that it "cancels out" banning tiktok or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The salaried OT isn't true right.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

AmiYumi posted:

siri tell me the difference between an administrative rule and an actual loving law

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AmiYumi posted:

i love crumbs from the fascists!

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

In Training posted:

I've heard absolutely nothing about this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sure, the government responded to criticism of their support of an ongoing genocide by banning a social media app for being subversive, but, let's not lose track of things, you can get refunded if an airline loses your luggage :)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

AmiYumi posted:

sounds like they're setting "political capital" on fire for a stupid tiktok ban..... maybe they should just not do that instead?

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

AmiYumi posted:

The cutoff for overtime is something like $50k a year.

This country is such a festering turd that basic protections are heralded as great progress.

I haven't read about non-competes but I have no doubt there is a catch just like the overtime thing.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Jen heir rick posted:

yup lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/DasDoak/status/1783338611691155860

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

:hmmyes:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Harvey Weinstein tearing off his face to reveal Jeffrey Epstein never died

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

MSNBC actively misinforms. You become dumber by watching it.
msnbc is probably at fox levels imo if not worse

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bishyaler posted:

This country is such a festering turd that basic protections are heralded as great progress.

Yup, I love how "the business must now refund you for failing to provide the service you paid for" is counted as a huge epic win and not "how it always should have been"

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they're not going to refund anything imo they will pay some minuscule fee as a fine same as companies continue to employ child workers and pay like a $400 fine

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

they're not going to refund anything imo they will pay some minuscule fee as a fine same as companies continue to employ child workers and pay like a $400 fine

yes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bishyaler posted:

I haven't read about non-competes but I have no doubt there is a catch just like the overtime thing.

Yeah I knew about exempt/non-exempt protections but the cutoff is laughable + it is absolutely not enforced at all

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

demonstrators in Seattle painted a big mural on the street with the slogans "LET GAZA LIVE" and "NO FUNDS FOR GENOCIDE"

Seattle DOT just went out and painted over the words with color-matched paint to the rest of the mural making it look like just some harmless message-free street art

premium succ

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Bishyaler posted:

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/ftc_gov/pdf/noncompete-rule.pdf There's some stuff like existing non-competes for senior executives will still apply, and it doesn't apply to people who, say, sell a business. I'm not expert but it seems... fine?

There's still that whole "gave material support to a genocide" thing, so I'm still not voting for the Dems, but this seems not awful.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

AmiYumi posted:

In Training posted:

The salary threshold will increase to $1,128 per week, or $58,656 per year, on January 1, 2025.

It's pathetically low for Salary employees. Hell, being overtime-exempt should be illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019