Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

like once again they're throwing crumbs months before an election that they will probably lose

all these crumbs are easily taken away because they never make any of it permanent or codify it in a way that cant be removed easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

FlapYoJacks posted:

The salary threshold will increase to $1,128 per week, or $58,656 per year, on January 1, 2025.

It's pathetically low for Salary employees. Hell, being overtime exempt should be illegal.

lmao with that cutoff, there will be a few thousand graduate students across the nation who will appreciate it but that's about it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My guess is the punchline to the FTC rule will come in the form of a Supreme Court decision that federal regulations aren't real

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

well lol the nlrb is being sued by a bunch of giant companies alongside the aclu

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
yeah it would be nice to have something put in place that isn't just scribbled on a sticky note

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

SixteenShells posted:

yeah it would be nice to have something put in place that isn't just scribbled on a sticky note

thats on purpose they dont want to do any of this, its crumbs because they're making GBS threads their pants that the cases arent working and trump is leading polls by alot

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nothus posted:

Al Franken?

he pivoted to being a recurring guest host on the daily show lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

I know it's a misspelling, but manbc sounds like something a bad sitcom writer makes up for their misandrist character. "Oh, getting all your fake news from MANBC, a channel that's all about old, white MEN, are you, you PENIS-HAVER."

lmao, I can picture it now.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1783461154053878160

he admit it

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://x.com/JoinPatriots/status/1669354340996505604

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what the gently caress is this guy's obsession with purges

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

HallelujahLee posted:

thats on purpose they dont want to do any of this, its crumbs because they're making GBS threads their pants that the cases arent working and trump is leading polls by alot

Allowing your base to eat itself and gaslighting potential voters 6 months before the election because you want to continue enabling a genocide and arresting student protestors is one of the most stunning errors I could possibly imagine a political party making

And yet all they can do is point to the crumbs and all the things they could get done with another four more years pause

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1783520372001825139

do you think fuckers like this actually believe this poo poo

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

SixteenShells posted:

abstract concepts like there being a truth to the matter isnt something they care about, there are simply sounds you make to further your agenda

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

I think a lot of them actually do believe it because they want to believe it and they jump through all kinds of mental hoops to convince themselves and each other

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1783510786200994223

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1783515156502208644

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lmao

there were other kids there too i guess

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why are they dressed like that

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

loquacius posted:

what the gently caress is this guy's obsession with purges

he's painfully aware he's a parasite on the system, whose existence is exclusively made possible by daddy's money, and has spent his career trying to argue in favor of a better-run technocracy. it is difficult for the would-be technocrat to avoid the realization "in a well structured society, I would have been forced to actually work for a living by now."

purges are to will stancil what genocide is to israelis: the thing that the adults in the room have to do, to prevent anyone else from doing it to him

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
When can I sue biden for genocide do I have to wait till he leaves office?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
Hamas did terrorism. What happened in October was terrorism. It’s very likely that Hamas knew how awful Israel’s over response would be when they attacked. Using Hamas’ rhetoric and framing is a problem.

Isreal is pretty clearly trying to genocide Palestinians in Gaza now. Using Israel’s framing is a problem.

It’s not necessary to pick a particular sides framing. It can all be loving terrible.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

fits my needs posted:

lmao

there were other kids there too i guess

children of the cornpop

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

trauma

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

if you make someone wear white clothes, the tone of their skin will look darker. this is intentional so that referring to the Palestinians as brown people or calling Israelis white supremacists will come off as uneducated/hollow sounding.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

NEXT! *click*
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1783229994908459199

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

That's Israeli culture you bigoted son of a bitch

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

They’re in a cult

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

That's Israeli culture you bigoted son of a bitch
Are you sure? I can't tell if their pupils are dilated.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Asproigerosis posted:

When can I sue biden for genocide do I have to wait till he leaves office?

good luck, he'll be presidentially immune by then

HazCat
May 4, 2009

RealityWarCriminal posted:

good luck, he'll be presidentially immune by then

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nothus posted:

Al Franken?

Maybe at first, but, MeToo getting taken out behind the woodshed to protect Biden and "Trump being worse" seems to have retroactively exonerated him in the eyes of most people.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

National Parks posted:

Allowing your base to eat itself and gaslighting potential voters 6 months before the election because you want to continue enabling a genocide and arresting student protestors is one of the most stunning errors I could possibly imagine a political party making

And yet all they can do is point to the crumbs and all the things they could get done with another four more years pause

I really think they either want to lose or do not care about losing.

SixteenShells posted:

Wow, very cool and not at all anti-semitic to see a major media company label a huge Jewish political group as a foreign and insidious agent!

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if you make someone wear white clothes, the tone of their skin will look darker. this is intentional so that referring to the Palestinians as brown people or calling Israelis white supremacists will come off as uneducated/hollow sounding.

i assume it's because white = good angel baby

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

drat, she got some crazy good hair.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

msnbc is probably at fox levels imo if not worse

lol it literally is

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I think a lot of them actually do believe it because they want to believe it and they jump through all kinds of mental hoops to convince themselves and each other

It is quite disturbing to reconcile with the fact that so much of your education and beliefs are wrong.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Soap Scum posted:

i assume it's because white = good angel baby

Yes. As Bibi said a few months ago, they are the sons and daughters of light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

cult