Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
when the thread closes but dems still succin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

the thing about "they want to ban TikTok because of all the pro-Palestine content on it" is that how does that reconcile with Twitter? I mean I guess you could claim that the userbase has declined significantly since Musk's takeover, but it's also incontrovertible that there's a lot of pro-Palestine content on it also

it's almost certainly the case that the TikTok ban is still primarily motivated by reasons of economic protectionism: the USA does not want the most-used social media platform to be a non-American social media platform. And we know this because they were already trying to ban TikTok prior to Oct 7; we already had state governments banning TikTok from government-issued phones prior to Oct 7

the intersection with Israel-Palestine just happened to give the initiative a big push

its a bit of both. twitter is ok because the capitalist classes know they can demand and receive censorship of topics that threaten them, tiktok isn't because they can't

i/p is more of a catalyst, yes, but it's also exactly the kind of topic that they need to be able to shut down by force

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The liberal language of harm is unable to square these circles, many such cases.

we understand your pain after we brutally stomped your face in and we respect if you need to take your time before you reconnect

also we need you to attend a counseling session about how we were absolutely right to brutally beat the poo poo out of you and write a reflection paper on the topic of you being a worthless worm who will behave from now on

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Trabisnikof posted:

Speaking as a Liberal Arizona Democrat who thinks Israel is to blame for the Palestinian situation, they knowingly and intentionally violated University regulations and their agreed-upon Code of Conduct:

They were instructed to leave, and they refused. I support their message, but they decided to FAFO.

It is my hope that, on review, the university will drop the action against them, as they have done in other such circumstances. But to bash the school for following its established rules is misplaced, IMO.

liberals unironically reinventing the nuremberg defense lmao forever

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

nah, I’m happy to own my votes unlike some people who voted for Trump here

I held my nose and voted for Biden, and I held my nose and voted for Hillary, just like I held my nose and voted for Kerry, Gore, and Clinton before them

not because I’m a believer in the Democratic Party, but but because the Republican plan has been extremely clear since the 1980s and they’re trying really hard to bring it to fruition in the next few years

as pathetic as the Democrats are the Republicans are actively working to directly harm a whole lot of people beyond those already being harmed, and I’m going to vote against that

sorry you’re not willing to and will continue to vote for Trump like you did the last two elections

imagine being this much of a goddamn bootlicker lmao

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
ackshually supporting the genocidaire is ~harm reduction~ :smug:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PhilippAchtel posted:

Donald Trump would support 1.1 genocides

donald trump would do a genocide undecorously and we can't have that can we?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
remember to vote for the lesser nazi

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

of the national kind no less

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DoubleDonut posted:

Not being an electoralist is nihilism now. this is because the only political action possible is to vote. and you better vote blue or you’re anti democracy

nihilism is believing that better things are possible, don't you know?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

so if he doesn't care about winning then why's he running for president in the first place?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

president xi, please do the needful

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1786398691601104951

US congress is about to applaud a guy after he calls their country inherently antisemitic

look as we all know the only safe place for jews is the country that deliberately keeps itself in a constant state of war and would basically collapse overnight if it didn't receive massive amounts of external funding

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
working at the reich chancellery to change things from the inside

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

there's something vaguely unsettling about how these bozos seem to take some kind of pride in declaring themselves the most selfish pieces of poo poo imaginable

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Willa Rogers posted:

overload of succ first thing in the morning.

I'm Trained In PTSD Counselling. Trump Trauma Is Real

(way more succ after this opener)

I too want to spend my last days on this gay earth with anxiety symptoms because trump is forcing me to think about him.

"we're the adults in the room and can make the hard and pragmatic decisions, and also let me tell you how the mere thought of trump is literally causing me mental illness"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
frantically buying ig farben shares to vote down the slave labor policy

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
gonna be a bit awkward when israel crosses the red line and biden does jack poo poo about it though

or at least it would be if shitlibs had the capability to form actual memories

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

even taking this at face value all it does is prove that working for the great satan twists even good people into absolute monsters

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i don't get how you can say poo poo like that and not apply the exact same logic to the president. you are willing to lose re-election because you care more about giving Israel guns than all those other things?

but for some reason :shrug: it's the kids that are wrong, not Joe loving Biden

look, with great power comes no responsibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
strange how the democrats keep losing when they also run a perfect campaign every time

must be the fault of those dumb kids and their new gizmos