Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

explosivo posted:

It's honestly pretty crazy how many potential match announcements between currently contracted AEW wrestlers there are that'll make sickos like us froth at the mouth in anticipation. Like it's such a stacked roster you can throw darts at a board and probably get a couple first time ever dream matches that could main a PPV.

Remember when during like, the first year of AEW, they barely ran any rematches at all and almost every match was one they hadn't done yet?

That was a fun time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Taxman posted:

Isn't this still this case like 80% of the time? (Hanger v Swerve notwithstanding)

Like 70% I'd say. A great deal of their matches are still first-time-in-AEW deals, but they still have rematches a quite a bit more than they used to.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sisal Two-Step posted:

why is hogwarts behind them

A dragon versus an assassin. Going for that kind of mystical feel I guess.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Jeroen posted:

I've been calling him Mister AEW for a while now. Pretty sure he has wrestled more matches for the company than anyone else

Checking him and a few other random big names using Cagematch, because I'm curious now.

Mox has wrestled 169 matches for AEW.
Orange Cassidy has him beat at 201.
Trent has a cool 159, while Chucky T is lagging behind at 139.
The Young Bucks as a team have 129 matches to their name, Hangman 'only' has 117, and Kenny is dragging down the Elite's numbers with 107.
Jericho, the man who is seemingly always around and doesn't know when to leave and take a break, surprisingly has a relatively low 119 matches in the company.

As far as the four pillars go, Darby is leading the charge at 156 but Jack is right on his heels with 154. Sammy has 123 matches in AEW, and MJF is (naturally) way behind with 78.

Some pretty interesting numbers IMO. I wonder if there's anyone else between Mox and Orange that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Might as well do some of the women.

Nyla Rose is the workhorse for the women it looks like, with a wild 149 AEW matches.
Skye Blue is sitting pretty at a high 128. Hikaru Shida is right behind her with 124.
Kris Statlander has 108 matches in AEW, Britt Baker is right behind her with 107.
Anna Jay has a nice even 100, shockingly more than I had thought she had. Red Velvet's not far behind at 93.
Toni Storm has 75, pretty respectable honestly.
Riho, meanwhile, only has 64. :negative:

A lot of the women have bigger numbers than I would have guessed because of Dark and Elevation, I'm assuming. Shame those shows aren't around anymore.

Oh, and none of these numbers include ROH, for the men and women.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

those numbers are wacky I feel like nyla is barely ever on tv

She had pretty frequent appearances for the first few years of AEW then once they began getting some bigger names in the division she started appearing less and less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jericho is a Hogan level liar, He had little to do with starting AEW it was Khan, Rhodes, Bucks, and Kenny

Jericho became disillusioned with the WWE after they hosed up the Owens feud, which partially led to him heading to Japan to face Kenny which led to him realizing 'hey whoa maybe the WWE isn't the be-all end-all in this industry' and without that revelation he doesn't spend more time with NJPW and doesn't end up helping AEW get the TV deal.

There are a lot of pieces that had to be on the board for AEW to make it early on and Jericho is right there with Cody and the Elite in terms of getting the ball rolling.