Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I didn’t realize people actually missed their old jerseys

I think they should bring back the two tone piss helmets

I like the classic 90's uniforms and think they're the best ones Jax has worn. Those loving gradient helmets and the accompanying unis were the loving worst. Bad enough you use a gradient on the helmet but they went from metallic gold to matte black. Looked like someone forgot to finish painting the loving thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Teva posted:

Would have been happier if he somehow snagged a second even if we sent a 3rd the other way or something to make it happen. Not super enamored with what Baalke does after the first round. Happy with the pick though, and picking up anything extra while still getting him is good. Just.... what are we going to do with those, land the next Fortner? Hopefully he can leverage them to trade up for some guys here tonight. Still need CB, DL, OL.

I really like Cooper Dejean here but word is the Jags aren't high on him. He seems like a true playmaker, which we desperately need, and also a guy you can deploy in different ways. Hell, even if he washes out, you have a good punt returner and gunner.

Full disclosure: I don't watch a ton of college football and have no idea what I'm talking about. Probably like 90% of the people discussing the draft.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The Jaguars drafted 3 great athletes with less than ideal career college production, and I guess we'll see if any of the lottery tickets cash out (they usually don't)

Baalke really likes doing this

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The Jaguars have continued their trend of drafting athletic lottery tickets by drafting two more at DT and CB, an undersized speedster with no production at RB, along with an offensive tackle who isn't very athletic but has great production, and I immediately have more faith in the big guy with good tape than anyone else the Jags have picked since at least the third round

Yeah, Baalke has a history of drafting guys who LOOK like they can play football instead of dudes who actually can.

I've posted it before, but the Jaguars over the years have to be the absolute worst when it comes to drafting players. It's honestly incredible given how often they've drafted in the top 10/5 over the last 15 years. You'd think they'd hit on a few superstars by loving accident.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Look back at the 2020 draft, it's literally one of the worst drafts in NFL history

Only one player from that draft is even still on the roster, and it's a pretty mid DT they gave a way too big contract to who they actively wish they could cut

The only two players they've even hit on in the last 5 years are Trevor Lawrence (who was a gimme and the jury's still out on him) and Josh Allen. Their horrible drafting goes way back further than Baalke. Christ, their last real legit good draft pick/hit might be loving Maurice Jones Drew now that I'm sitting here thinking about it. I guess you could say Jalen Ramsey but that was a dumpster fire too.

For over a decade they were drafting in the top ten (and often top five) and if anyone can name a real star they chose anywhere I'm all ears. Luke Joekel, Justin Blackmon and Blake Bortles in the top five I believe. Trading up for Bortles and Blaine Gabbert and Derrick Harvey and Donte Fowler. It's the main reason they've sucked for so long.

Seriously, go look at this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_Jaguars_draft_history

Incredible

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I always have fun going back like 5 years and taking a second look at draft grades at the time.

Man...I wish I had Mel Kiper's jobs I swear.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

Don't love that the first player they picked has been described as being a bad athlete but with a good understanding of the game though!

They drafted Tom Brady?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

When and how did the AFCS become so competitive and interesting?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Jags gonna start 0-4

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

1-3, they'll beat The Bad Man at home. At least they loving better.

poo poo. They might go 0-5

Dolphins, Browns, Bills, Texans(x2), Colts(x2)?

They also have GB, PHI, DET and the NYJ.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Jags also have zero back to back home games

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

My local Jags station was talking about this the last two days

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-top-25-players-under-25-2024-nfl-season-sauce-gardner-cj-stroud

Look at this bullshit. Trevor Lawrence is rated the third best player under 25 years of age, ahead of CJ Stroud, Jamaar Chase, Kyle Hamilton, Aiden Hutchinson, Brock Purdy, Garrett Wilson, Amon St. Brown, Puka Nacua, Surtain Jr. and Bijon Robinson. Among others.

There's not a GM in the league right now that wouldn't trade Trevor for CJ right now. The gently caress out of here.

I'd list all 25 but formatting it is a hassle.

Sewell and Sauce or the only two ranked ahead of him lol.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The sort of advanced metrics PFF uses, and the really in-depth tape nerds like Nate Tice, both love Trevor, particularly for his deep-ball accuracy and low sack rate compared to pressure volume

What about his fumble rate, missed reads and sporadic accuracy?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

This is without the fumble stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I don't think Lawrence I as bad as Daniel Jones I just thought it was an interesting stat line