Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Bedard finished the year with 61 points and a -44 in 68 games on a terrible team.

Compare with the 18-year-old rookie seasons of Crosby (102 points and -1 in 81 games on a terrible team) and McDavid (48 points and a -1 in 45 games on a terrible team, in a much lower offensive context than today) and it doesn't really live up to the S-tier hype. Early returns suggest Bedard is a Matthews/Stamkos level player rather than Crosby/McDavid, although his being injured for some of the season and the Blackhawks being a really terrible team may be mitigating factors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/darrendreger/status/1787860546970169466?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Pumped to watch PLD continue mailing it in instead of Celebrini

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
I would like Calgary to get Celebrini and Mckenna and Tij Iginla.. somehow.

That would expedite the rebuild by a few years because man, it's looking pretty horrendous right now.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
New Jersey - a team that's in a very similar position to Ottawa - had a half-season to assess Green as interim coach, and decided that they were going to move on from him.

Why on earth does Ottawa think they know something that New Jersey doesn't? Why not try someone with a history of success in the AHL, instead of recycling a guy who failed with two other NHL teams? Any why give him 4 years?

The main difference between the Andlauer and Melnyk regimes mostly seem to be that Andlauer is quiet, whereas Melnyk was at least entertaining.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I swear to god.if they rig this for chicago i will be PISSED

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

bub spank posted:

New Jersey - a team that's in a very similar position to Ottawa - had a half-season to assess Green as interim coach, and decided that they were going to move on from him.

Why on earth does Ottawa think they know something that New Jersey doesn't? Why not try someone with a history of success in the AHL, instead of recycling a guy who failed with two other NHL teams? Any why give him 4 years?

The main difference between the Andlauer and Melnyk regimes mostly seem to be that Andlauer is quiet, whereas Melnyk was at least entertaining.

NHL coaches occupy a sort of self-sustaining terrarium. The same elements just keep getting recycled over and over again and it never dies.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

stab posted:

I swear to god.if they rig this for chicago i will be PISSED

Everyone should be if that happens again

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I am a simple man who believe the Sharks should get first overall

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Celebrini is in the studio

God please let Utah win i need to see his live reaction

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

rip flyers

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

complete chalk so far

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Celebrini going to the western conference WOOOOOOOOO

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Take a goddamn forward at 5 hughes

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Relieved the Pens are not handing San Jose an unprotected first rounder next year

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

pls no chicago

anything but that

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ok Sharks please for fucks sake

edit: thank god

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Hey, they didn’t totally rig it this year!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

celebrating staying at number 3

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
you did it Sharks

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Good for San Jose, happy for them

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
nice. grats Sharks

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

celebrating staying at number 3

That was a wrong graphic no, i saw teal jerseys lol because nhl

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

when was the last time the lotto was straight chalk

yay sharks, celibrini has to pay bay area rent lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

Relieved the Pens are not handing San Jose an unprotected first rounder next year

Extremely this

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

a big bowl of corn gats to the Sharks

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Celebrini could not give 2 fucks where he is going

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

when was the last time the lotto was straight chalk

yay sharks, celibrini has to pay bay area rent lol
it used to just be the first pick and it happened all the time

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i can't remember if someone posted it here or if I saw it on Twitter, but someone said something about this causing a domino effect at BC. Like, if the Sharks got Celebrini, then the Sharks would want Smith to sign, then the Caps would want Leonard to sign, then Perreault might look to sign, or something like that.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol did the hawks get another loving lucky draw?

nevermind they finished 2nd to last

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

RC Cola posted:

I am a simple man who believe the Sharks should get first overall

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Yyeeeesssssssss

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i can't remember if someone posted it here or if I saw it on Twitter, but someone said something about this causing a domino effect at BC. Like, if the Sharks got Celebrini, then the Sharks would want Smith to sign, then the Caps would want Leonard to sign, then Perreault might look to sign, or something like that.

I think Smith probably needs another year in college but it'd be interesting if the Sharks brought them both up. Celebrini-Smith could be a real nice 1-2 combo

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Iirc the Caps asked Leonard to play in the playoffs and he said no, so I wonder if he's even playing for them next year. Might take another year in college.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Ginette Reno posted:

Iirc the Caps asked Leonard to play in the playoffs and he said no, so I wonder if he's even playing for them next year. Might take another year in college.

I get the feeling that BC team wants to try again. No Cutter Gauthier next year but the Perreault-Smith-Leonard line is definitely good enough to potentially win a championship.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

He confirmed he wants another year at college to try and win a NCAA championship.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Really happy the Sharks got it, got some nieces in the Bay Area who are massive fans and they’ll be over the moon

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Who wants some leafs laffs?

quote:

“He pays attention to everything. He and his camp pay attention to everything to such a degree. Marner's camp has been mad at me and blackballed me going back five or six years, and I have no idea why.

Then no one ever said to me, like, oh, I didn't like this thing you wrote. I think that our coverage of Marner has been largely positive, going way back to when he was drafted and when he first came in. I mean, his rookie season, he was phenomenal.

And he's had a regular season. He's been a great, great player. And I think that we've written that.
But there's such a sensitivity there. So there's all these feuds going on. And you hear about, he's got private security people that harass media people.

And there's really weird stuff that's going on. It's really strange things that go on with Marner. And sometimes I feel bad for him that he's in this...

Sunday is his birthday, the day after they get eliminated. He's 27 years old. He's not even a young guy anymore.

He's been in the league eight years. And this stuff's still going on.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

gently caress Chicago

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Happy belated birthday Mitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Lol they had to do 4 draws for the first 2 picks