Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

I think Dillingham has some SGA/Maxey potential, based solely on that Cal is able to recruit elite talent and then find a way to marginalize them in their one year in school. I'm not going to commit to Dillingham being a max player in four years but I think he's got a chance at being a solid contributor.

Sheppard I'm not high on outside of being a three and D guy, which means he's got a solid NBA future but I still lol, even lmao, at The Ringer saying he should have gone first overall. Complete lunacy.

His shooting efficiency is nuts tho. I guess you could hold volume against him, but when the consensus top pick is at 9pts 4 rebounds it's hard to do. This whole draft is sketch as hell and at least those efficiency numbers stand out as elite comparable to other great shooters pre draft numbers.

Cody Williams rebounds like a 6' guard is why he isn't listed (and his very mid FT % makes you wonder about his 3pt%).

This draft is going to be fun and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

His shooting efficiency is nuts tho. I guess you could hold volume against him, but when the consensus top pick is at 9pts 4 rebounds it's hard to do. This whole draft is sketch as hell and at least those efficiency numbers stand out as elite comparable to other great shooters pre draft numbers.

Cody Williams rebounds like a 6' guard is why he isn't listed (and his very mid FT % makes you wonder about his 3pt%).

This draft is going to be fun and dumb.

sarr's playing against pros in a tier 2 league, i think those numbers are acceptable especially when you see what he's doing defensively on tape

like obviously you'd love it if he was putting up 20/10 with 2 blocks but he's shown enough to differentiate himself from the rest of the class i think (which is mostly a statement about the rest of the class)

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

sarr's playing against pros in a tier 2 league, i think those numbers are acceptable especially when you see what he's doing defensively on tape

like obviously you'd love it if he was putting up 20/10 with 2 blocks but he's shown enough to differentiate himself from the rest of the class i think (which is mostly a statement about the rest of the class)

I think you're overrating the NBL. I'd put it behind several euro leagues. Unless I'm mis-interpreting what you mean by tier 2 league. It's talent is just above G-League, and I can't imagine an ignite player getting much traction with those numbers.

Ghetto SuperCzar fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 6, 2024

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
NBL players who try out for g league don't get minutes in it NBL is Tier 4 league

ssmagus fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 8, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Thompson twins actually being NBA good coming from a sub-high school quality, potentially fixed league that they weren't that great in has ruined my trust in "how guy did compared to his league" now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Being that athletic raises your floor in any league.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Rick posted:

The Thompson twins actually being NBA good coming from a sub-high school quality, potentially fixed league that they weren't that great in has ruined my trust in "how guy did compared to his league" now.

I think we may need to revisit how bad ote was last year, talking about it with a few scouts it may have been a stronger league that I gave it credit for.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

I think we may need to revisit how bad ote was last year, talking about it with a few scouts it may have been a stronger league that I gave it credit for.

It would ease my soul quite a bit if it turns out being good.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The gently caress is this?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Accurate simulation of Detroit Pistons draft acumen

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

The lottery is today, whoever wins, they lose!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mean Baby posted:

The lottery is today, whoever wins, they lose!

The gently caress? Why is it suddenly on sunday?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
midday mother's day draft lottery. they are really down on this draft

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

ESPN is going under for a reason

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Ugh let's go please

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

i remember it being on sunday 30 years ago :corsair:

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

They gotta milk it. Perk with the kiss of death, saying he would pick clingan first.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Sheppard looks shorter than Dillingham.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
They should make a rule that if you were in the lottery last year you gotta send your last lottery pick, and if you weren't you gotta send an FO person

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Pistons 5th… drat

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

detroit went on that losing streak for nothing

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the pistons own

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Oof. I can't say the raptors deserved to keep the pick, karmically.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

detroit went on that losing streak for nothing

Same with Toronto

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pistons doomed

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Wild lottery

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Kofie/status/1789738002349965342

:smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
oh poo poo the lottery is today?

oh poo poo the rockets keep their pick?!

e: oh it's the nets pick?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Ime looks upset

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'll take #3 I guess

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I went to church for nothing today, thanks a lot

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
feels pretty poetic for atlanta to be picking first here

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the lesson once again?

don't overtank

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This definitely changes whatever the Hawks we're gonna do in the off-season but I'm not sure how!!!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I wonder if Houston would be interested in Dejounte

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

trae and #1 for #3 :v:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know this draft sucks but remember a few months ago Houston offered Brooklyn back all their picks

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I don't see Houston keeping it unless they love Castle or Sheppard. Sheppard is kind of like FVV. The rich get richer I guess.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sucks to be Detroit and Charlotte

Which non shooter is Detroit taking? Will Detroit take Clingan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Clingan Duren Beef Stew front court let’s do this