Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

polyester concept posted:

i assume it's because a php/mysql website without a ton of bullshit microservices has very few attack vectors and all of the low hanging fruit has been secured a long time ago. that plus the keys being in the hands of very few people make phishing/social engineering attacks very unlikely to be successful.

oh, a "real answer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jeff 401K

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Internet Old One posted:

I guess I wasn't funny:( I was intentionally conflating john k. with jeff k. and shmorky and throwing the authority of wikipedia behind my statement.
I will post harder from here on out.

You sure weren’t

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tom Collins posted:

and if i'm going to sit at the computer for some reason, i might as well just attack the unending pile of work that is my job, instead of some side project or whatever.

hosed up if true