Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How Many QB's "bust" out of this Class?
Whoever the Giants trade up for.
Bears QB Purgatory Continues
All of them.
None. They all become mediocre.
View Results

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Asproigerosis posted:

Bills should have gotten way better value for the last 5th year option pick smdh

5th year options aren't much of a value anymore. For example, the Broncos 5th year option for Surtain was 19.8m. The franchise tag for a CB this year is....$19.8m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

fsif posted:

But I guess if Carolina tells Buffalo they're drafting Lagette and Buffalo goes, "k, cool with us," it basically nullifies Carolina's incentive to make the trade in the first place. I guess unless it's a fifth year option thing.

I think it's a fifth year option thing, 100%

Which is interesting, I don't remember seeing that kind of wrinkle before.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bryce needs weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

fsif posted:

Maybe this is cope but all three of those receivers were usually mocked to go in the second or third rounds. There's still Mitchell and McConkey.

Yeah, I wouldn't lose sleep over losing any of those guys with the guys that are still left.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

R.D. Mangles posted:

bryce needs weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

don't encourage self harm

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i love bryce young and the carolina panthers!!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Relentlessboredomm posted:

why is jackson powers johnson sliding so much?

He would be a solidly 2nd round pick if his name wasn't Jackson Powers-Johnson

Like imagine he was named Brandon Fisher or Harrison Bauer or something

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
There's so many picks still on the board I want the Lions to take. Holy gently caress did this Offensive slanted 1st round jack everything else up.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

fsif posted:

Maybe this is cope but all three of those receivers were usually mocked to go in the second or third rounds. There's still Mitchell and McConkey.

not a cope imo, those two look very good

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...
Last great bit from macafee

Peyton said Raiders, Vikings, and Denver all had a favorite, different qb, and had reached a gentleman's agreement to not gently caress each other over.

Then Atlanta happened lol.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Only started 17 games. Has some injury concerns. Doltos had another couple reasons why he might've fallen.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

its good that they drafted leggette, a fast receiver who can catch good, so bryce young can underthrow him every play

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1783707303624966238

Flawless logic, perfect pick

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

Only started 17 games. Has some injury concerns. Doltos had another couple reasons why he might've fallen.

He's raw and it shows. You don't want your center standing up looking forward when he should be dropping back in the pocket picking up rushers after his initial block goes away from him. He's also just a center which isn't the most in demand position.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

by the time they decide whether to play him they'll have to pay him like 30 million lmao

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Gully Foyle posted:

I think he means as in not fully recovered from the injury.

But that's kind of stupid, you don't spend the 8th overall to cover for a few weeks. It's a long term plan - probably a stupid long term plan, but it is a plan.

i guess it was actually:

Hahahaha cool

I am mr. sit your qb and let him learn the game, but COME ON

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Cap strapped team so this makes sense.

https://x.com/Jason_OTC/status/1783705724230516861

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Thank god for the Falcons providing some much needed entertainment, the lack of big trades for a while was super boring. Got a bit spicier in the back half with the Vikings second trade-up and the Bills shuffling, but overall a much less drama-filled night outside of that one decision we can all laugh at.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

He's raw and it shows. You don't want your center standing up looking forward when he should be dropping back in the pocket picking up rushers after his initial block goes away from him. He's also just a center which isn't the most in demand position.

Thanks!

Are you surprised DeJean didn't go R1?

Curious on your other R1 thoughts.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

by the time they decide whether to play him they'll have to pay him like 30 million lmao

Hell also be like 28

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
:lol: I did think it would be funny if the Panthers trade back into 33.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

Same

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Isint Penis the oldest rookie QB?

He’s not a guy you want to have sit.

lol

E: I am not fixing that autocorrect.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 26, 2024

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

This is dumb and now I hate over the cap.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

If Cousins stays healthy and plays well the next few years dude might be pushing Chris Weinke’s age by the time he starts :lmao:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The best dysfunction in the NFL is when a team's owner is an old coot and his front office decision makers are like valets he enjoys ordering around. Atlanta has this with Blank and Rich McKay. Bless up Falcons

upload image

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

davecrazy posted:

Isint Penis the oldest rookie QB?

He’s not a guy you want to have sit.

lol

BoNix is older by 3 months

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Obviously the team is so good and Kirk doesn't need any help to be great

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

davecrazy posted:

Isint Penis

davecrazy posted:

davecrazy posted:

Isint Penis

davecrazy posted:

Isint Penis

davecrazy posted:

Isint Penis
Isint Penis

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

THEY HAVENT HAD A WINNING SEASON SINCE 2017

top 10 picks are literally the main spot they've been in for half a loving decade

BillsPhoenix posted:

Last great bit from macafee

Peyton said Raiders, Vikings, and Denver all had a favorite, different qb, and had reached a gentleman's agreement to not gently caress each other over.

Then Atlanta happened lol.

we think Penix to Vikes, JJ to Denver, Bo nix to Raiders?

that's hilarious how badly falcons hosed over 3 different teams. now, do they play the falcons this year?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

Thanks!

Are you surprised DeJean didn't go R1?

Curious on your other R1 thoughts.

Not surprised. Most of the first round was all the best players, teams pretty much stuck pat to BPA. I wouldn't have spent a top 15 pick on an edge that has a neck injury which could paralyze him though. Thought the Raiders had more gaps to fill than turning into the 2012 Patriots. Penix pick was fine if they didn't sign Cousins thus torpedoing two players for no good reason.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

THEY HAVENT HAD A WINNING SEASON SINCE 2017

top 10 picks are literally the main spot they've been in for half a loving decade

It's because they draft TEs and RBs in the top 10.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

It's because they draft TEs and RBs in the top 10.

and old injury prone QBs that won't start for 2-3 years.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Brugler just said on the Athletic live stream that ~Character Concerns~ contributed to JPJ falling out of the first round

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We are so good we don’t need our first round is the kind of statement they can only backfire

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

It's really amazing.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Bowers to the Raiders is probably the biggest :wtf: for me

I just don't get it. They have real, big, important needs. Yeah it's nice to have two awesome young tight ends but compared to their needs it makes no sense at all to me.

Calling it now, Penix will start the 2025 season

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Brugler just said on the Athletic live stream that ~Character Concerns~ contributed to JPJ falling out of the first round

And Mays insinuated something similar with AD Mitchell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

xbilkis posted:

yea just caught that, makes sense. and like Daltos said being just a Center is less valuable than the other versatile dudes.

wandler20 posted:

It's really amazing.

they talked about this on the Athletic show but they owe Cousins dead money for the next 3 years no matter what so best case scenario your first cheap QB year is Penix's year 4. Meanwhile you gotta pay London and Pitts before that.

It's absolutely bananas. I get wanting a succession plan but not at pick 8 in a talented draft. like are they just admitting they don't think they'll win a SB with Kirk, bc an impact guy tonight might've helped push them closer?