Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
oooh that head kick duck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shrek almost giving up mount slamming Suzuki was funny

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol giant swing in a UWF tribute

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

lol giant swing in a UWF tribute

Was quite surprised to see Hartley Jackson getting the win, fun match.

I know Dan is now head coach of the All Japan sponsored amateur wrestling team so I always dig seeing him in this environment

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I only just remembered Minoru Tanaka was meant to be in this one instead of Daisuke Nakamura, missed that change

Some real fun grappling in this match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
oh no

this sucks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I didn't even see what happened, went to put the kettle on and it was over. A shoot head kick or something?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I didn't even see what happened, went to put the kettle on and it was over. A shoot head kick or something?

yep

Wasn't watching closely though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Why has Kendo Kashin stolen Sakuraba's look, except to remind us of someone better?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Glad fujiwara still has a very hard skull

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The arm bar from the man himself should always finish the match

lmao Fujiwara doing DDT spots

edit: cannot get over this guy brawling to the outside

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kashin stealing merch and taking it to the ring is great even if the match wasn't

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is it still going? I just turned it on and they immediately turned off the lights, perhaps because they don't want me to know they're there?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Is it still going? I just turned it on and they immediately turned off the lights, perhaps because they don't want me to know they're there?

Main event time now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Red dude is getting his rear end beat!

Edit: Haha as I posted that he did a sick suplex that landed blue guy on his neck.. and blue guy IMMEDIATELY turned it into an armbar.

HE JUST DID IT AGAIN! :pusheen:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And then red guy just won it!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ito rules, Sato ruled, I enjoyed that. Mostly I enjoyed that for a change Ito didn't get jobbed out by GLEAT!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I had completely missed that Kenta Kobashi's Fortune Dream 9 show already had another match announced

Masato Tanaka & Unagi Sayaka vs Naruki Doi & Risa Sera on top of the already announced Daimonji So vs Go Shiozaki

And now on top of that we get Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu vs Meiko Satomura & Takumi Iroha. God Kobashi is such a good booker, at least for these once a year shows

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/JBBloodsport_JP/status/1780852091558535177

The Central Asian (Uzbek? I forget) Olympic silver winning wrestler that was originally among the names announced has vanished. Instead, have Santino Marella?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

The Central Asian (Uzbek? I forget) Olympic silver winning wrestler that was originally among the names announced has vanished. Instead, have Santino Marella?

The IWGP Heavyweight champion is facing an MMA fighter. Inokiism will never die

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm fascinated most by Nomura vs Todd Duffee. Don't think Todd has wrestled before

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

forkboy84 posted:

Tbf I'm interested, apparently he was good at this poo poo but I dunno if he can still go after his injuries.

Edit: It would have been funny if he went as Boris Alexiev.

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 18, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I'm fascinated most by Nomura vs Todd Duffee. Don't think Todd has wrestled before

He's technically not even done a sport outside of MMA before; that changes in a week, he has his first bare-knuckle boxing fight next Saturday against Ben Rothwell in BKFC

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I should say for anyone who hasn't noticed, we've got a dedicated Champion Carnival thread this year, started by apophenium: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4058574

If you've not been watching live then let me tell you, you gotta catch Kento vs Ren Ayabe. Great match

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Lol.
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1780949118501662828

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

First time i'm taking a good look at that bloodsport card and it's goddamn insane. Abe vs Iizuka looks far and away the best looking match (Sato vs H. Suzuki could be a close second) but Shrek vs Rampage might bring the show to a screeching halt for how lovely it is, Barnett coming out like Inoki screaming BULLSHIT

Keen for more Maya Fukuda, she's pretty much the only GLEATer that didn't embarass themselves during the MMA showcases and actually looked pretty comfortable out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I still can't get over Santino Marella vs Kazushi Sakuraba. And that's even knowing he went to Battlarts in the mid-00s and got to face guys like junji.com & Yuki Ishikawa