Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Zogo posted:

Breaking Away (1979).

That's the one. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Wanderer posted:

I saw a movie in the early to mid-2000s that I think was relatively new at the time, which was a version of Romeo and Juliet, where one of the title characters was Japanese, the other was a Brazilian immigrant to Japan, and the whole thing was written against the backdrop of the acrimonious relationship between Japan and its immigrant populations.

Does that sound at all familiar to anyone? Google's been remarkably unhelpful.

Was it a musical?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Wanderer posted:

I saw a movie in the early to mid-2000s that I think was relatively new at the time, which was a version of Romeo and Juliet, where one of the title characters was Japanese, the other was a Brazilian immigrant to Japan, and the whole thing was written against the backdrop of the acrimonious relationship between Japan and its immigrant populations.

Does that sound at all familiar to anyone? Google's been remarkably unhelpful.

Maybe The City of Lost Souls(The Hazard City) by Takashi Miike, not his worst despite this horrible trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udOv2vYaIM

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 12, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Identify this: a (I think) Chuck Norris movie where he lives in an apartment that’s empty except for a couple chairs, and he fights mobsters who want to kick out some poor tenants and they kidnap a kid

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Steve Yun posted:

Identify this: a (I think) Chuck Norris movie where he lives in an apartment that’s empty except for a couple chairs, and he fights mobsters who want to kick out some poor tenants and they kidnap a kid

Sounds a bit like The Hitman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
New thread link