Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

midwifecrisis posted:

Jefferson Mall. That Round 1 is closing this month, RIP

Thats what I heard. Today is my last day working here so ill stop by there once im done to give it my last hoorah. Ill try and take some pictures if possible.

Edit - Wanna see me at the last game of the night exhausted while I could taste blood in my lungs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jERTwyb7sQ

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
So I am now officially a NotITG player.

God help me.

I was able to pass a 2 and a 3. But my main gripe so far is an obvious one: How in the poo poo do you read this?

Edit-

BAE S2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-8FBQ1-fJk

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 27, 2024

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Does anyone know if there will be a new game after SDVX: Exceed Gear?

I would love if the interface was 4k :( it's the only downside of my homemade cabinet, it maxes out at 120fps/1080p like the Valkyrie cabinet.

That means they would have to intro a new 4K resolution cabinet and I guess I'm not holding my breath... but if anyone knows anything I would be curious.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’m hoping for a new version soon since they killed Nemsys cabs (and SD DDR cabs), but the Valkyrie model is still pretty new so even if there’s a new version I’d bet we’re probably still at least 5 years away from a new cab with 4k, if not more.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

holefoods posted:

I’m hoping for a new version soon since they killed Nemsys cabs (and SD DDR cabs), but the Valkyrie model is still pretty new so even if there’s a new version I’d bet we’re probably still at least 5 years away from a new cab with 4k, if not more.

Sigh, that sucks :(

Oh btw I haven't posted my SDVX setup in a minute. It's done now, there's nothing to improve. There's a dedicated subwoofer and 2 stereo speakers (JBL 530s) with a 4k receiver tying it all together, so it sounds fantastic and gets the 120 fps Valk mode.

This is why I really want a 4K mode, it would let me put the controller desk much closer to the monitor which would save space in the room. oh well.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Frankly I doubt whether we'll ever see 4K bemani cabs; 1080p panels are still in full production, and the performance boost needed to power the games at 4k vs the minimal graphical improvement you'd get (Especially for a low detail rhythm game where panel speed is far more important than resolution) is probably not worth the added costs.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

100% agree on the cabinet panels, especially because Valk was already launched as a top-tier technical rollout (despite not being) though it does have the really awesome second 1080p screen.

The 4K resolution being harder to drive though? Eh. I would kind of doubt it unless the code is really hosed, which I have to concede, is often. But there's not much to render here and even cheap internals should in theory be fine.

Anyways that's just a long way of saying "yeah"

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

these games do not require 4k at all and is a ridiculous kinda request

youd benefit more from higher refresh rates 100% of the time, which are generally tied to lower resolutions, objectively (and i mean objectively)

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

*playing a 30 year old game originally coded for bootleg 480p and carrying all that baggage technically* this game doesnt have hdr, miss me with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

you are aware that sdvx specifically works on and prioritizes tech in the cab right? The valkyrie cabs? What are you even talking about dude

e: The cab itself is very new, supports 120 fps and a second touch screen in-cab.

Taima fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 4, 2024