Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Oh sup I never post in NMD but I saw GY!BE last night in Tampere too. For the first time in my life, after being a fan for decades. That was probably the best gig of my entire life. East Hastings made me sweat like a fuckin faucet just from pure anticipation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've seen GY!BE 4 times, but the last time I saw them (October of 2022) was the best time because they played East Hastings. I had been waiting like 20 years to hear that song live ever since first hearing it in 28 Days Later.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024
The band was great last night, was in back corner with the projectors.even scored free ticket for my friend who got bamboozled out of his. But man, the venue of an old slavshit factory building was drat awful, GSY!BE is a loud band and the walls reflecting the higher frequencies made them sound like a 32kbs mp3 with all the eq frq cranked beyond max played on a car stereo from 80s.

It was still a good live and turned my gf from a no knower to a lover as she was crying for half the concert.

I'm glad I went but i'm back to listening them on headphones unless they have a concert outdoors.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
really digging the new sleepmakeswaves, has a really different vibe in the back end than the front, but definitely like it on first listen
https://sleepmakeswaves.bandcamp.com/album/its-here-but-i-have-no-names-for-it

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Paracausal posted:

sleepmakeswaves

Man this thread is great for finding bands I’ve never heard of. Thanks!

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
did gybe play new stuff yeah?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Paracausal posted:

really digging the new sleepmakeswaves, has a really different vibe in the back end than the front, but definitely like it on first listen
On track 2 of this now and it rules. I've been listening to them for over a decade now and I'm glad to see they've still got it after all these years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Paracausal posted:

It's fuckin' sick goddamn.