Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hell yeah

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Looks more like 1988 Honda CRX on road to me.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
That's some real redneck poo poo and I am here for it

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

Being a lowballer is one thing, but so many cross the line into acting as if they are owed whatever they want and their low ball price and you're the rear end in a top hat for refusing.

You could list a $100 bill for $95 and get people pissed off at you because you won't give it to them for $10.

I don't even sell poo poo anymore. I've got a lot of stuff to get rid of that i'm just going to dump on pallets and drop at an auction somewhere

Yeah, I've been meaning to sell my AE86 literally for a a couple years, but I have a very limited amount of social tolerance that I don't want to waste on lowballing assholes.
I just *know* someone will want that thing for $1500. It's only an SR5, but nah, bro. I've seen worse condition ones listed for way more. Then again, maybe I'll find someone who actually knows what it's worth and is willing to pay something close to that.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, I've been meaning to sell my AE86 literally for a a couple years, but I have a very limited amount of social tolerance that I don't want to waste on lowballing assholes.
I just *know* someone will want that thing for $1500. It's only an SR5, but nah, bro. I've seen worse condition ones listed for way more. Then again, maybe I'll find someone who actually knows what it's worth and is willing to pay something close to that.

Who hasn't done the opposite at some point? At first, I'll generally put up a listing that's significantly higher priced than I think the car is worth. That way I can guage interest and establish a price to start negotiations at without committing to anything, since I don't think the car will actually sell for what I'm asking. If it's not getting any traction, I'll lower it down to a reasonable price since there's no penalty for making a second listing or editing the original

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

On the plus side your procrastination probably doubled the price.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Door Frame posted:

Who hasn't done the opposite at some point? At first, I'll generally put up a listing that's significantly higher priced than I think the car is worth. That way I can guage interest and establish a price to start negotiations at without committing to anything, since I don't think the car will actually sell for what I'm asking. If it's not getting any traction, I'll lower it down to a reasonable price since there's no penalty for making a second listing or editing the original

This is how I've always done it, granted the sorts of cars I'd sell lend itself to it, but more often than you'd think someone comes by and pays asking.
Usually with them asking if I'll take less, I say no, they go 'worth a shot' and then pay anyway.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Oh, of course! No harm in starting a little high. I don't mind haggling a bit, but as noted by previous goons, the folks that egregiously low-ball and then double-down in it are exhausting.

Powershift posted:

On the plus side your procrastination probably doubled the price.

It definitely did.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

The Door Frame posted:

Yeah, me too.

I give myself about 20-30% wiggle room, depending on what it is I'm selling and $$ (I've not sold a car personally since the old days of the printed auto trader).

But for electronics and general junk, if I will hypothetically take $90-$100, I'll probably ask $120ish because I know there will be haggling and bullshit over something not worth much. If it's a real lowball I'll drop a couple bucks and say firm, which is more than they would have paid if they weren't morons.

Sometimes people don't want to haggle at all and offer 100% my asking price. A few times I've done that I've literally told them to keep a $20 bill because they were super easy to deal with. Once was a young guy who bought a fairly inexpensive offshore cell phone (umidigi or some drat thing that I just didn't like) and he picked it up with his mom and you could tell they weren't well to do, a 20+ year old dodge minvan that had a horrible crack in the exhaust manifold and just in bad repair. I think I was asking $130 and he arranged a pick up and gave me $130 cash.

It was near Christmas and I said "Merry Christmas" and gave him $30 back and he was overjoyed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"I don't know what it is, it doesn't run and is rotting into the ground, $1,800"

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/grande-prairie/24-valve-mitsubishi/1690726551

(It's a Mazda Mx3)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I do know it's got 24 valves though

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
75 per valve, must be a good deal

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

mobby_6kl posted:

I do know it's got 24 valves though

How can you tell?
They came with 4 cylinders too.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

It’s a Mitsubishi so it’s gotta have 24 valves. I don’t see the problem here, fellas

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

wesleywillis posted:

How can you tell?
They came with 4 cylinders too.

I've seen that engine bay enough to know it says DOHC 24-Valve on the intake.

It also says Mazda on the valve cover you can see.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

TheFonz posted:

I've seen that engine bay enough to know it says DOHC 24-Valve on the intake.

It also says Mazda on the valve cover you can see.

Oh uhhhh I didn't see any pics of the engine bay when I looked at the ad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

That's not a bad price for nowadays. A lot of Convertible-specific trim parts are NLA, though...
Hell, a lot of not-an-FD RX-7 parts are NLA.

Mazda fired up a parts program fairly recently for NA Miatas as a big middle finger to first-gen RX-7 guys. They probably didn't intend it that way, but there it is.