Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
I have a Beatstep Pro with all the cables, the original box, on the latest firmware and also has a hard shell dust cover that I paid $80 for. $225 shipped, or trades.

I'm not desperate to get rid of it or anything, my kid might eventually want it, but, things I need more at present:

Piezo pickup mic suitable for an alto sax
Euroack: tiptop stackable cables, XPO, o_C (any). Also, feel free to toss modules out if you have stuff collecting dust.

I also have a Gamechanger Light pedal that... it's super cool but it's the only pedal I have, I just got a combo amp, and even though I also just got a sweet guitar I think I want to keep my Dumb Expensive FX Chain in Euroland.
$242 shipped - at this price you could ask me ti front it to you. I won't, but it would be funny.

Prices were discerned by taking the lowest shipped listed use price from Reverb and then coming down 15%.

edit: I am pretty liable to be open to trading this to any similar value in eurorack poo poo or maybe a desktop synth, and I've got cash to make up differences as needed.

Cabbages and Kings fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

i wanna make it (wit chu)
So cal goons hit me up, have two guitars on CL for sale, in the market for inline tuners, humbuckers, or a schaller hannes bridge in case you wanted to trade.

Guitar #1

Japanese bolt-on neck SG clone. Gibson on the headstock is not real. My guess is that this is a Greco SG with a paint job. A good base for mods / learning.

Not original hardware, the humbuckers are EMG HZ clones used in ESP guitars. Grover tuners, aftermarket tuneomatic bridge. Volume pots have a switch to split humbuckers, very easy to upgrade to other humbuckers since the pots use solderless connectors.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/d/la-habra-japanese-sg-clone/7655449130.html

Guitar #2

Ibanez SG7321 seven string. Using Ernie Ball Bass VI strings on the bottom plus a 17; tuned way low to E standard one octave below. Was going for a djent tone.

Tone control is bypassed, stock neck humbucker and a Seymour Duncan Nazgul in the bridge.

Some dings / chips in the body, will add pics shortly. No effect on playability.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/d/la-habra-ibanez-rg7321/7655457076.html

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
On the long shot of there being some musical Orlando goons for a local sale, here's some gear I am selling as I post to the usual places. I won't say like new because I know they could use a little fret board cleaning love / new strings and guitars always have some hidden knicks you missed. I ended up focusing more on my piano adventure and didn't play these much at all. Photos taken today.

2015 Fender American Standard Stratocaster - $1,200
Plant: Corona, California
Comes with an excellent Fender hard case that you can use for safe airline travel and so on

2018 Taylor 150e 12 String Acoustic Electric Guitar - $800
Plant: Tecate, Mexico
Production Number: 288
Comes with original gig bag

Fender Tone Master Super Reverb Guitar Amplifier - $900
Comes with original cover, footswitch and those nice Jensons they put in there. This thing is awesome if you like having a working back or want to achieve that sweet breakup tone without blowing out your windows.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Very nice photos BTW.

I am trying to raise a little cash, I have a Zoom H2N I'll let go for $100 shipped, and I'll throw in a 256gb card for it. It's in good shape, I used it in courtrooms mostly, never outdoors, may smell like weed. You will be able to record at very high quality mp3 or wav round the clock with a card that big. Throwing in this cute little clamp thing for it too if you want it.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Also putting the Boss RC-50 up for sale. This is one of the best loopers made, ever. 20-bit sound, IIRC. 3 loops can play singly or in combination, has a basic drumbeat with like a couple dozen variations. Sounds really good. Everything I've tried on it has worked well. I can't really comment on how it performs with a computer though, and my MIDI usage has been pretty limited too, though I synced it with my DAW the other day. $200 shipped US priority.

Also selling that Yamaha PSS-A50, which although it's just more of the toy keyboard variety, has a sensitive keyboard, a bunch of voices and drums and pre-made arpeggios. It's like new. $60 shipped US

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I have a laser harp I built from a kit, looks like this, already did all the laser/sensor alignment, tested it, then promptly put it in storage

used to look like this

Will let it go for $30. It was $12 plus a bunch of assembly. And it's not worth going down to the post office for less. It's a static device when you break the beam the tone sounds. There's no modulation it's either full on or full off. It has some adjustment I think it can go up and down a couple of scales, from 440 up to, i dunno two or three keys in either direction, been a long time since I turned it on. Would be interesting to close mic it (no line out, only a piezo speaker) and put a reverb and a wah pedal on it. I want to say it's ~8x8 inches or maybe 9x9 inches. If you're a professional basketball player it might be a bit cramped but was fine as a regular sized american

This definitely falls under the category of "weird hacky poo poo" so it could fail at any time but it's all solid state and (obviously) user repairable. This is just weird electronics stuff that came out of hong kong a few years ago as a kit I doubt they made more than 1000 of these

quote:

NOTE : it is diy kit , need you Welding by yourself

Laser harp’s strings is replaced by laser beam. You can play the laser beam as a string. Each beam has a different pitch. It's very creative for you to DIY.

2. Principle of laser harp:

The user only needs to move the beam as if the string is moved, and a melody can be played. The laser harp is composed of two parts: a photosensitive resistor and a single chip microcomputer STC89C52. When the beam emitted by a laser tube is blocked, the corresponding photosensitive resistance is induced and the resistance changes are generated. The system of eight photosensitive resistors produces the change of high and low potential, and reads the high and low potential changes of the photosensitive resistance by the single chip computer, and completes the input of the operation instruction. The MCU controls data based on command information to transmit data through serial port, which is assigned to p0^2 port of loudspeaker and P1 port of water lamp to generate corresponding response.

When the laser is irradiated, the MCU reads the voltage of the photosensitive resistance, and it is low level at this time. When there is no laser irradiation, the MCU reads the voltage of the photosensitive resistance, then it is high level. In this way, when the light of the laser is shielded, the effect of the switch can be produced in the circuit.

The sound frequency of the human ear can be heard from 20Hz to 20kHz, and the frequency of the harp notes should also be in this range. It's just that different notes have their own fixed frequency. The above audio can be generated by a 16 bit timer with a 52 single chip microcomputer. For example, the standard sound of the harp is La 440Hz. It can be seen from the calculation that the half cycle of it is 1136 Mu s. In this way, the square wave of 440Hz can be generated as long as the pin level is jumped in the half cycle. After the electrical conversion element (horn), the standard sound La can be produced, and the other notes are also produced.

3. Features:

1>.There are a total of 7 strings. When the string is cut, the buzzer sends out the corresponding sound level.
2>. When the string is cut, the LED of the string is lit up. There are a total of 7 LED.
3>. Play two pieces of music stored by buttons.
4>. Switch middle and high bass.

Supply voltage: 4.5V-5.5V DC

looks like there's still one for sale, unassembled: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283910320356

The reason I'm selling it now is 1) I found it and 2) an artistic guy is giving a laser harp performance in tokyo so apparently other people find this kind of thing amusing

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 21, 2023

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

a laser harp for ~1% the cost of a KROMALASER?

i got yer $30

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
I’m looking to buy my first guitar. I’ve been browsing a bunch of places and I’m a little worried about buying from Craigslist/OfferUp since I know very little about guitars. So… since I trust you all, i wanted to check if anybody is looking to sell? I’m in SoCal if it matters.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
What kind of guitar are you looking for? Acoustic or electric?

I have a Squier CV Jaguar that didn't really jive with me if that strikes your fancy. It has a couple of the smallest dings on it, but is otherwise fine as far as I can tell. I'm not in California, but could be willing to ship (and already have a guitar box on hand to do so).

I also have a Fender 12-string I've been trying to offload too (though I can't imagine you'd want that as a first guitar).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Ah I should have mentioned, I’m looking for an electric. In my (admitted fairly ignorant) search i think I’ve narrowed my interest down to a strat (well, unless someone has randy rhoads’ polka dot V for sale). I’ve got larger hands, so I think that might mean the jaguar isn’t the one for me? Again tho, I’m a total beginner so maybe I misunderstood the differences between them.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

People way overestimate how much hand size matters either way.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

moon demon posted:

Ah I should have mentioned, I’m looking for an electric. In my (admitted fairly ignorant) search i think I’ve narrowed my interest down to a strat (well, unless someone has randy rhoads’ polka dot V for sale). I’ve got larger hands, so I think that might mean the jaguar isn’t the one for me? Again tho, I’m a total beginner so maybe I misunderstood the differences between them.

As a very happy owner of two Strats, if that’s what you’re after, then I can’t do anything but encourage you to do so!

Unfortunately, I’m not selling either of mine, but after a recent Squier Telecaster purchase, I will tell you that Squier CV or Squier 40th Anniversary will be of very solid quality without breaking the bank. Either one would make an excellent first guitar.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

moon demon posted:

Hand size doesn't really matter unless you have truly freakish meathooks. Guitars will feel awkward for a while no matter what until you've had a good amount of experience playing. The best guitar for a beginner is the guitar that inspires you to pick it up and play it. Get something you think is cool. Just don't get something with a tremelo (whammy bar) as your first guitar - much more complicated to do things like set up and change strings.

Get lessons if you can. Education >>> gear

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Appreciate the tips guys. I think I need to just go to a shop and hold some of these to narrow it down. I’ll report back!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Gin_Rummy posted:

Unfortunately, I’m not selling either of mine, but after a recent Squier Telecaster purchase, I will tell you that Squier CV or Squier 40th Anniversary will be of very solid quality without breaking the bank. Either one would make an excellent first guitar.

Definitely keep an eye on Amazon, too - they have open box Squier CV models available pretty often, and supposedly they're in good shape, with any reported "damage" being to the packaging instead of the guitar itself.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I've had good luck with a couple used guitars from proaudiostar.com, they have a couple 40th Anniversary Squier strats up there. One at $249, another at $299

https://www.proaudiostar.com/search/?q=squier+40th

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

duodenum posted:

I've had good luck with a couple used guitars from proaudiostar.com, they have a couple 40th Anniversary Squier strats up there. One at $249, another at $299

https://www.proaudiostar.com/search/?q=squier+40th

Funny enough, this post as well as Gin_Rummy's got me interested in the 40th anniversary Squier Strats. Turns out they originally were $500 new, but I found a new one (ion one specific color) on sale at Guitar Center for only $350. Ended up pulling the trigger - only $50 more than used seemed like a good deal. Here we go - first guitar!

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

strat's a fine first axe, have fun

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Get lessons if you can. Education >>> gear

this is also good advice. also nice portal av.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I still have my first guitar, which is a Korean Squire II Strat, and its been my Frankenstein experimental platform, but it's still eminently playable.

First guitars are like that, even if they're lovely. The best first guitar is the one you play.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Southern Cassowary posted:

this is also good advice.

Thanks for this. I’ve been thinking about it for a bit. I have little kids (1 and 3) so my only real “me” time is post-8pm after the kids are in bed. Because of this I don’t think I can commit to actual human taught lessons until the kids are a little older. So, I was thinking of trying various educational apps/videos that I can do at night. I’ve heard good things about justinguitar, and also plan on trying out Rocksmith (I dropped $20 and bought the 2014 version before it’s being delisted later this month).

Sorry this is veering off thread topic!

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

moon demon posted:

Thanks for this. I’ve been thinking about it for a bit. I have little kids (1 and 3) so my only real “me” time is post-8pm after the kids are in bed. Because of this I don’t think I can commit to actual human taught lessons until the kids are a little older. So, I was thinking of trying various educational apps/videos that I can do at night. I’ve heard good things about justinguitar, and also plan on trying out Rocksmith (I dropped $20 and bought the 2014 version before it’s being delisted later this month).

Feel free to hop into the guitar thread and explore these ideas with us further. You'll get plenty of helpful advice and suggestions there!

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

I still have my first guitar, which is a Korean Squire II Strat, and its been my Frankenstein experimental platform, but it's still eminently playable.

First guitars are like that, even if they're lovely. The best first guitar is the one you play.

The bodies are a weird hardwood plywood, but the necks feel like old school Fender stuff. I currently have my Squier II Precision neck on my Darkglass Jaguar. I have the Nordstrand Dingwall pickup arriving this week for it.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

moon demon posted:

Funny enough, this post as well as Gin_Rummy's got me interested in the 40th anniversary Squier Strats. Turns out they originally were $500 new, but I found a new one (ion one specific color) on sale at Guitar Center for only $350. Ended up pulling the trigger - only $50 more than used seemed like a good deal. Here we go - first guitar!
I’ve tried a few of the 40th anniversary line and been REALLY impressed. You’ve got a great place to start there.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

moon demon posted:

Grats on the new guitar!!!

For Justin Guitar, I really liked his music theory workbook. Essentially what it boils down to is forced familiarity through repetition and regular exercises, and you begin to see and understand patterns right on the fretboard. He's since reworked it into a course, but you need a subscription to access that, though I'm sure you could find the pdf of the old one floating around somewhere. I do like a bunch of his videos on YouTube though! I did buy some of his books and whatnot and other than the practical music theory workbook, his books didn't click for me as much as some of his viddyas.

Regarding Rocksmith, I personally didn't really enjoy it as as much as I'd hoped since I felt like the lag broke my brain trying to follow along vs playing what I enjoyed. Neat concept though!

More than anything else, just sitting down 15-30 minutes a day and building up the callouses and muscle memory is going to be your best friend, especially if you can get down a few chords like G, A, C D, E you can play a ton of stuff and as you build up muscle memory the chords transition faster. Getting the hang of time is also really good, understanding that most stuff follows a 4 beat pattern, and being able to strum and count basic 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &. And since you got an electric, playing with pedals and distortion is gonna be a blast.

Hopefully some of that is helpful for ya... there's so many resources, it's tough to figure out where to start and it's so easy to get discouraged, took me a few false starts to get to a spot where I could enjoy what I was doing and understand it, so don't put too much pressure on yourself or emphasis on being good at first, it just takes time and practice. Good luck!!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I never went very far with it I got hung up on strumming methods and finger picking for some reason, but justinguitar was where I learned my chords and scales

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I might be in the market to sell my Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 mixer. Just got my full employee discount at work and it's seriously loving ridiculous, so I'm eyeing up the DJM-V10LF (although honestly I don't even know if it will fit on my desk).

Looking for a local sale ideally, but am open to shipping it if the price is right. It's in excellent shape, hasn't left my apartment in a long time and always taken care of. Make me an offer.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I've got a Squier Jaguar short scale electric bass + amp to sell or trade: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050953

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Edit: found one.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jan 8, 2024

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Selling my Ormbsy 7 and Balaguer 6 so I can try and get an Ormsby I've been chasing down for a while.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052848

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I put my Access Virus TI2 Desktop up for sale. :'( I really, really hate to sell it but I'm skint as gently caress right now and gigs aren't happening. I could entertain the idea of shipping it if goons are interested. Hit me up via PM if you are. It's in immaculate condition. $2200CAD, comes with a boatload of patchbanks. Open to reasonable offers.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I'm selling my Stereo Field, a glitchy touch-driven box made by Landscape. $360 shipped CONUS. Sold.

So Math fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 6, 2024

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

So Math posted:

I'm selling my Stereo Field, a glitchy touch-driven box made by Landscape. $360 shipped CONUS.

you don't need a keystep pro with decksaver or an sq64 do you

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Cabbages and Kings posted:

you don't need a keystep pro with decksaver or an sq64 do you

I don't, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I just moved in with my girlfriend and I'm looking to unload some gear that I can't justify keeping around! I'm in Washington, DC and would prefer local transactions, but I'm willing to ship the Juno and mixer. The price is fairly firm on the synth, but definitely shoot me an offer on the mixer or guitar if interested. I'll offer a discount for local pickup on everything, and I'll even throw in a Hercules 3-guitar stand if you pick up the guitar.

(also posted this on Reddit, hence the username sheet) https://imgur.com/a/XJKK2FK

Alpha Juno 2 with PG-300: It's in great shape overall; the previous owner replaced the LCD with a brighter one. There is a small crack in the plastic above the LCD, which I've captured in one of the photos. Includes the PG-300 with a power brick and MIDI cable. Looking for $1,100 shipped.
Allen & Heath ZED-14 Mixer: Also in great shape - bought it off eBay several years ago, but it's too big for my current space. $350 shipped sold on Reverb
Fender Player Telecaster HH, sunburst w/Pau Ferro neck: Also in great shape! There's a small ding in the finish on the front of the body, which I've captured in one of the photos. $600 for local pickup.

curried lamb of God fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 8, 2024