Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Nikon Coolscan 5000 and Epson V850 with Vuescan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

same as the ghost of mr marley

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
epson v800 and silverfast 8200i, both with Silverfast

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I use an old rear end mini Mac with my Coolscan 9000ED so I can use the Nikon Scan native software

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
What are the benefits of using siverfast instead of vuescan?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Some people experience channel clipping with vuescan. Also the interface is better, and the makers aren't as big an rear end in a top hat as the vuescan maker.
If you go with silverfast, do make sure to buy the version that can scan as raw. Not the HDR raw gimped version, but the full 48bit raw.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I really need to take some time and learn SilverFast a little better. Right now my workflow is just scan in as a DNG at some high PPI and then just do all processing in NLP. I feel like I’m missing out on some of SilverFast’s capability, but there are seemingly limitations to what it can do from a processing side when scanning in RAW.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
No thats about it. I wouldnt trust their inversions or corrections.

Setting up the frames for cropping and the file naming is about all you would want it to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

We have a new film thread as the OP of this one is very out of date, come join me over here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046967