Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It was for Crocodile Dundee in LA and it was by the original writer who Hogan tried to steal credit from until he got sued to oblivion and lost. So it's a very juicy, tell-all account. Highly worth listening to as a one-off episode where you get to hear a guy openly talk poo poo about how awful Paul Hogan is for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I'll admit the only HDTGM I've listened to was when they did Punisher: War Zone and had the director there.

Punisher War Zone is good as hell and Lexi Alexander loving owns though?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

We Hate Movies is my personal favorite, really great chemistry among the cast and there's a laugh out loud moment at last once per episode. The Pet Sematary ep is a good entry point.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Thanks for the recommendations, particularly interested in Blank Check. I've tried a few times to listen to How Does it Get Made but the format seems a bit loose and trying too hard to be funny so I always bounced off it

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Film Junk is a great podcast and is one of the oldest podcasts around. It's got great chemistry between the hosts and starts away from the politics that We Hate Movies delves into since they're Canadian.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

They aren’t podcasts, but I watch Red Letter Media and YourMovieSucks on YouTube.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Empress Brosephine posted:

Film Junk is a great podcast and is one of the oldest podcasts around. It's got great chemistry between the hosts and starts away from the politics that We Hate Movies delves into since they're Canadian.

WHM's politics consists of "lol @ incels" and "Trump is dumb" (with hilarious occasional Trump impersonations). I'm not a Democrat or liberal and normally hate any political content in non-political podcasts and they're completely fine. I can't really imagine even a rabid Trump supporter getting worked up about their occasional politics-related remark.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

feedmyleg posted:

HDTGM absolutely refuses to engage with the material and it's infuriating.

It's funny because they used to, I remember listening to their Sleepaway Camp episode and thinking "drat, I forgot how good this movie was".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's funny because they used to, I remember listening to their Sleepaway Camp episode and thinking "drat, I forgot how good this movie was".

I'm starting to listen to this and how did Mantzoukas not get that the woman is Angela's aunt?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Mantzoukas is playing a character, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea how the real Mantzoukas acts, but he went to an arty college in Vermont, so I’m going to guess not like his public persona.

HDTGM used to be really good, but they’re on like episode 300 by now, so they probably should have retired a while back.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, once you start touring your podcast, inevitably, you are doing schtick.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, once you start touring your podcast, inevitably, you are doing schtick.

Eh, Stuff You Should Know tours occasionally (like, they do four or five live appearances a year) and their show is still going strong without any hint of schtick, it's just two earnest dudes in Atlanta talking for 40 minutes about a particular topic. They had a really fascinating episode about M.C. Escher not too long ago.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
SYSK's schtick is so good they branched it out into at least what, 3 other shows? I think it's a little different with them because they don't feel obligated to do an hour on everything but are obligated to stick to the research they did.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SYSK's schtick is so good they branched it out into at least what, 3 other shows? I think it's a little different with them because they don't feel obligated to do an hour on everything but are obligated to stick to the research they did.

To their credit, they actually really do their research and they don't just recite a Wikipedia article. Occasionally Josh gets weirdly aggressive about something (God forbid anything Japan-related comes up), but they're really just two goobers just sitting in a cramped studio talking about something every week, which is, I think, the show's real charm.

If I'm ever having trouble sleeping, I just open up the podcast app on my phone and go to some random episode from a few years ago. Their voices are so calm and level that I'm usually zonked within ten minutes.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Stuff you should know is fantastic and without them i would not know what a wonder of engineering the panama canal is

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, I really like that cast and they could basically do it forever with no changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Stuff you should know is fantastic and without them i would not know what a wonder of engineering the panama canal is

Their two-parters on the Hoover Dam and Iran-Contra are wonderful.