Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E-P
Apr 21, 2016
Sick racing stripe bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

MSPain posted:

lmao my favorite part is probably the load 'secured' with a rope tied to the swing arm

If the rope is a bungee cord I don't see a problem.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

epswing posted:

Bungee cord is tied around the license plate bolts. Bet the one onto the swing arm is just some rope.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I sincerely hope that the cord is somehow string in a way to interact with the circular saw's trigger because the safety is deleted, and the saw is both battery powered and has a battery installed.

Megabook
Mar 13, 2019

Grimey Drawer

epswing posted:

It's not even there to secure the load, just fine-tuning suspension preload. Dude is actually a motorcycle setup genius.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My dealer is doing an Aprilia demo day tomorrow and I’m thinking about going to ride an RS660 because why not.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Good idea.

Edit: there is this too if you’re near enough.

https://www.aprilia.com/us_EN/aprilia-racers-days/

Toe Rag fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 12, 2024

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I know I've mentioned how much I like my Gsx-s750, but just riding around town running some errands, it struck me that this bike is probably all the bike I'll ever want. Other bikes do one thing or another better, but this thing is just so versatile, while still being fun as heck to ride. Comfortable, makes good noise, equally at home pootling around town in 2nd and 3rd gear as it is grinding highway miles, as it is carving through mountain passes and twisty roads. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it's perfect for me.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
I just finished buttoning everything back up, and then I find the almost 20 year old tech bulletin that says the flywheel sprocket shaft nut’s torque value has been increased from 200 to 250 ft-lb.

Now in the face of actually nice weather and other motos zipping around my neighborhood I have to go all the way back in to heat that nut back off (red loctite) and apply what is the maximum value my torque wrench can muster.

Part of me wants to “let’s not and say we did” but… it’s kind of an important nut and why would they release the bulletin unless a truckload of customers rode into the service dept with loose nuts.

http://sportsterpedia.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/pdf-bulletin:tt0211.pdf

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

epswing posted:

I just finished buttoning everything back up, and then I find the almost 20 year old tech bulletin that says the flywheel sprocket shaft nut’s torque value has been increased from 200 to 250 ft-lb.

Now in the face of actually nice weather and other motos zipping around my neighborhood I have to go all the way back in to heat that nut back off (red loctite) and apply what is the maximum value my torque wrench can muster.

Part of me wants to “let’s not and say we did” but… it’s kind of an important nut and why would they release the bulletin unless a truckload of customers rode into the service dept with loose nuts.

http://sportsterpedia.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/pdf-bulletin:tt0211.pdf

I kinda feel like, even though an additional 25% of torque is a lot, if you've made it this far without issues, and you used red loctite, you probably don't need to go through all that to re-tighten the nut.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
It’s fine; you’re fine. Go ride.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

I know I've mentioned how much I like my Gsx-s750, but just riding around town running some errands, it struck me that this bike is probably all the bike I'll ever want. Other bikes do one thing or another better, but this thing is just so versatile, while still being fun as heck to ride. Comfortable, makes good noise, equally at home pootling around town in 2nd and 3rd gear as it is grinding highway miles, as it is carving through mountain passes and twisty roads. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it's perfect for me.

Some bikes just do that. Doesn't matter the power, specs or anything, just makes you feel good.

Do yourself a favour and never replace it, get another bike, but don't sell that one.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

anyone recognize the helmets?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The good one is an Arai, maybe a Regent-X based on some google images?

The cheap one appears to be a dollar store vacuuformed cosplay accessory.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Someone posted this on reddit and people were too busy jerking themselves off about how Harley Davidson doesn't actually make motorcycles and is just an apparel and merch company to realize that none of those are parts for Kawasaki motorcycles. They're all for lawnmowers.

Supradog posted:

anyone recognize the helmets?

Run your hand across the keyboard in any direction and you'll type the company that makes the cheap helmet. Even if you're not currently right, you probably will be in a week or two as they collapse and start up as a new company, or someone else just whitelabels their junk helmets. Might as well be Amazon/Temu brand.

Strife fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Strife posted:

Someone posted this on reddit and people were too busy jerking themselves off about how Harley Davidson doesn't actually make motorcycles and is just an apparel and merch company to realize that none of those are parts for Kawasaki motorcycles. They're all for lawnmowers.
Or oil rigs, kitchen appliances, cargo ships, musical instruments, fighter planes or any of the myriad other things Kawasaki makes.

Not to defend H-D, but it's an extremely silly comparison.