Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

alnilam posted:

There used to be a video of the blood orgy ships log video scene from Event Horizon, where someone edited in the song The Spanish Flea. I can't find it now. Help me wizards

Looking for it, I found this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y82fCBBrifs

("Inappropriate soundtracks" was a thread someone posted like a decade ago in GBS & it's kinda gotten a life of its own since. Try some variants of that phrase, maybe you'll get lucky)

E: Actually, the specific video you want is mentioned here, but the thread is older than Youtube, and the zip link is now broken:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1355393&userid=43678

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
There was a short youtube video back in the day. It was less than 10 seconds long and looked like it was ripped from an old VHS tape. It consisted of a claymation head with human eyes shouting "NoooOOOO NOOOooo" in a distorted voice. Good luck finding Shouting Claymation Head on youtube. I think it was in the same vein as that Mark Twain Satan claymation video, or at least those two videos ran in the same circle.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

MrSlam posted:

There was a short youtube video back in the day. It was less than 10 seconds long and looked like it was ripped from an old VHS tape. It consisted of a claymation head with human eyes shouting "NoooOOOO NOOOooo" in a distorted voice. Good luck finding Shouting Claymation Head on youtube. I think it was in the same vein as that Mark Twain Satan claymation video, or at least those two videos ran in the same circle.

I don't know it, but have you tried looking for Will Vinton (who did the Mark Twain movie) clips or on google image search?

Could it be somewhere in this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_VTdhgrpFU&t=222s

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I don't know it, but have you tried looking for Will Vinton (who did the Mark Twain movie) clips or on google image search?

Could it be somewhere in this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_VTdhgrpFU&t=222s

Well that's a good place to start! Thanks!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

skasion posted:

Does anybody else remember a notorious Peanuts fan fiction where all the characters were grown up and like half of them were dead and the rest were fighting in a zombie (?) apocalypse, possibly caused by Linus finally summoning the real Great Pumpkin? Tonally it was about as ridiculously grimdark as Jason Yungbluth's "Weapon Brown", but it was a story, not a comic, and didn't feature characters from other comics either, as far as I can recall. I feel like I might have been exposed to it through SA but this was a long long time ago, like early 2000s.

skasion posted:

This is awesome, but no. It had a very straightforward voice, in the style of military thriller, and was pretty long, multiple chapters. I also read it on like an old-school unstyled page of text.

If anyone else cares, insomniac googling with a little help from a fellow insomniac helped me find this in an rpg.net thread from 2008. THE PEANUTS GANG(tm) PRESENTS:
A PEANUTS HALLOWEEN II: ELECTRIC BOOGELOO
by
Gary Achenbach

Copyright 1993

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~linus/wonderous_stories/peanuts.html

Thanks for nothing with your unsearchable story names, 90s fanfic authors

e: wasn't as long as I remembered.

skasion fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 19, 2016

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Thanks for sharing the "solution"

Bookmarking for a rainy day

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Crossposting this from the Godzilla thread in CineD:

I'm looking for a song about Godzilla that I think was performed on television during a comedy show like SNL. In it, Godzilla has kind of a midlife crisis and keeps saying it's been a hell of a year. It's old, perhaps from the 80's, and for some reason I keep thinking Bill Murray was involved somehow (though that probably isn't the case). I also think the last line was about an affair with an inguana, if I remember correctly.

I've been trying like crazy to find this song, because it's been driving me up the walls. I think I might have seen it first in the 2014 Godzilla thread around here, so I was wondering if some other goon might recognize what I'm talking about here.

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez
I once saw this guy playing video game music using a drum set. He had a foot pedal or something and when he hit that it would make the tones sound totally different. It was some sort of crazy electronic drum set he rigged up. Even had some video of him playing a concert somewhere.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

MrSlam posted:

You sure this isn't "Mr. Bill"? He was a claymation that shouted "nooooooo" all the time.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I used to have a video saved on my computer of some kind of jeep or something similar parked kind of on a hill. You can see way off in the distance a missile is fired and coming toward the camera. It's like slow motion at first and then the jeep just gets obliterated. I'm sure it's a military video, cool as hell but I cannot find it anywhere.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Sobatchja Morda posted:

I'm looking for a song about Godzilla that I think was performed on television during a comedy show like SNL. In it, Godzilla has kind of a midlife crisis and keeps saying it's been a hell of a year. It's old, perhaps from the 80's, and for some reason I keep thinking Bill Murray was involved somehow (though that probably isn't the case). I also think the last line was about an affair with an inguana, if I remember correctly.

I've been trying like crazy to find this song, because it's been driving me up the walls. I think I might have seen it first in the 2014 Godzilla thread around here, so I was wondering if some other goon might recognize what I'm talking about here.

"1980s monster movie parody song" immediately makes me think Svengoolie -- he's a horror movie host who's been on the air in Chicago for like forty years. And I guess he's even kinda Bill Murray-ish if you squint. A quick search on youtube gives like five or six Godzilla songs he's done over the decades. None of them seem to be the one you're describing, but maybe you can at least recognize if this is the right guy or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTSEBGYrkJg

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

ifuckedjesus posted:

I once saw this guy playing video game music using a drum set. He had a foot pedal or something and when he hit that it would make the tones sound totally different. It was some sort of crazy electronic drum set he rigged up. Even had some video of him playing a concert somewhere.

8bit drummer?
Not exactly as you describe but perhaps you remember it differently. Worst case scenario you can ask that dude's twitch chat.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

ifuckedjesus posted:

Was it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QfwKqy3LyY

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez

It was this guy. Awesome! Thanks!

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Internet peoples! I'm trying to find a children's book on manners. It was a family of rabbits, and their cousin rabbit was weird and wore a hairband with stars attached to it. It taught how to behave at birthday parties, while travelling and while spending the night at your friend's house. Please help!

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

Sobatchja Morda posted:

I don't know the video, but shot in the dark. https://youtu.be/RTzb-sduiWc

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Mercedes posted:

Internet peoples! I'm trying to find a children's book on manners. It was a family of rabbits, and their cousin rabbit was weird and wore a hairband with stars attached to it. It taught how to behave at birthday parties, while travelling and while spending the night at your friend's house. Please help!

Children's book with rabbits sounds like the Max and Ruby series.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Dang, I was hopeful, but it's not it. I may have to ask my mother to see if she stil has it somewhere in the house.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Mercedes posted:

Was it the My Little Golden Book of Manners? It's not only rabbits, but it does have rabbits on how to behave at birthday parties.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Looking for it, I found this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y82fCBBrifs

("Inappropriate soundtracks" was a thread someone posted like a decade ago in GBS & it's kinda gotten a life of its own since. Try some variants of that phrase, maybe you'll get lucky)

E: Actually, the specific video you want is mentioned here, but the thread is older than Youtube, and the zip link is now broken:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1355393&userid=43678

There was one that, I think, was Saving Private Ryan synced up to My Sharona and it was just perfect..if anyone has a link to it

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Does anyone have that picture of the arsenal of that kid who took something like ten knives and assorted non-lethal devices to work each day? I think he was an IT guy, maybe for NASA

Edit: YES VVV

DarkHorse fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 16, 2016

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DarkHorse posted:

Does anyone have that picture of the arsenal of that kid who took something like ten knives and assorted non-lethal devices to work each day? I think he was an IT guy, maybe for NASA

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

I read a story years ago about a team of government dudes who had to kill rogue superheroes. It was kind of a 'realistic' take on it that went into some detail about the countermeasures they had to use for different powers, but I can't remember anything about it beyond that.

Someone mentioned it to me today but neither of us can remember what it was called.

If anyone knows that'd be awesome.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

So anyone who has not seen the .gif I am describing is going to think I'm crazy but here goes: I am looking for a .gif image of two naked men one is on his knees the other is standing and holding one or two taxidermied cat heads (I think Bobcats.) up to his chest like breasts and spraying the other with some kind of liquid from the cat's mouth.

Guilt of Sanity
Sep 20, 2016

by Smythe
NAof the stage please ? :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI7Mup0WtpM

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

awesomebrah posted:

So anyone who has not seen the .gif I am describing is going to think I'm crazy but here goes: I am looking for a .gif image of two naked men one is on his knees the other is standing and holding one or two taxidermied cat heads (I think Bobcats.) up to his chest like breasts and spraying the other with some kind of liquid from the cat's mouth.

This is from Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain. They're ocelots I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

skasion posted:

This is from Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain. They're ocelots I'm pretty sure.

Thanks, I really don't know how to feel knowing there is an entire movie and that's not even the weirdest scene.

• Locked thread