Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fourth race of the season happened a couple weekends ago. Only one amateur photographer there, so only one photo of me keeping up with a fast rider(yeah she's injured and only going 3/4 of her race pace, but)

Would've finished first in the beginner class by a big amount, but I stalled in the dirt section and lost a ton of time.

Also recently stepped up my sumo game with slicks and a 16.5" front.

They're takeoffs and I don't have warmers, so good luck to me in the first two laps :v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
loving finally back in the SuMo game with a 2008 WR250X. I tried to buy 3 of them, and all 3 times they either got sold out from under me or the seller backed out.

Here's hoping for another Indian Summer here in Colorado.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Congrats and enjoy! Those are some of the best supermotos you can ride. Bonus protip: They have a 350 watt stator STOCK, so you can make it an indian summer in the middle of January. I dream of having that much wattage available.

I do miss your old DRZ, though :(

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
My 2011 DRZ-400SM is about to sit for a 3rd winter.
  • Hasn't been used since just before last last winter, about October 2016
  • Won't be used until spring, say April 2019, so that's 30 months of inactivity
  • It's got a full tank with stabilizer
  • The battery died a while ago (forgot to trickle charge)
  • It's in a small non-temp-controlled shed in the backyard, under a cover
  • I live in Canada, temps can drop to -30 C (-22 F) over the winter
In light of these facts,
  • Anything I should do before letting it sit this winter?
  • Is it worth draining fluids?
  • Are there any rubber hoses in particular I should replace, after multiple freeze/thaw cycles?
  • Should I take it around the block a few times before it gets too cold, just to get things moving?
  • Is the gas almost certainly bad and needs to be replaced before starting up the motor?
I'm selling my other bike come spring, so I'll be back to hooning on the DRZ and I can't wait.

epswing fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 25, 2018

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

epalm posted:

My 2011 DRZ-400SM is about to sit for a 3rd winter.
  • Hasn't been used since just before last last winter, about October 2016
  • Won't be used until spring, say April 2019, so that's 30 months of inactivity
  • It's got a full tank with stabilizer
  • The battery died a while ago (forgot to trickle charge)
  • It's in a small non-temp-controlled shed in the backyard, under a cover
  • I live in Canada, temps can drop to -30 C (-22 F) over the winter
In light of these facts,
  • Anything I should do before letting it sit this winter?
  • Is it worth draining fluids?
  • Are there any rubber hoses in particular I should replace, after multiple freeze/thaw cycles?
  • Should I take it around the block a few times before it gets too cold, just to get things moving?
  • Is the gas almost certainly bad and needs to be replaced before starting up the motor?
I'm selling my other bike come spring, so I'll be back to hooning on the DRZ and I can't wait.

It’s a DRZ so no.

But... if you want to be good to it, change the oil, fresh tank of gas + some sea foam, ride it until that tank is basically out and then put it away good and hot with another full tank of gas with stabile in it. Take the battery out and keep it inside over the winter.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Coydog posted:

Congrats and enjoy! Those are some of the best supermotos you can ride. Bonus protip: They have a 350 watt stator STOCK, so you can make it an indian summer in the middle of January. I dream of having that much wattage available.

I do miss your old DRZ, though :(

That DRZ was just such a great bike. FCR, Exhaust, and it was perfect.

The 250x is geared down, so it accelerates really well but the exhaust (FMF Q4) is obnoxiously loud. I've got to get a silencer for it.

Went for a ride to my happy place tonight:

Akion fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 25, 2018

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Putting my 17'' wheelset back on the drz as i don't like how the E wheels feel above 50mph on the road.
Anyone tried Michelin Power RS's on their sumo?

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.
My new 2019 SWM SM 500 R next to my mate's FS450.

Basically a slightly revised and improved 2010 Husqvarna SMR 510. Goes great for the price and a big step up from my DRZ!

Edit - Adding pic as an attachment didn't work from the app.

Kim Jong ill fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 4, 2018

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I recently received some Warp 9 SM wheels, I love them and they look great. Before I put my new rims on, I'd like to prep them up for tubeless so I ordered some 3M 4412N tape. I'm new to doing tire changes let alone sealing a spoked wheel so I'll probably get leaks on the first try but that's alright.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got it first time with the same tape, it's good stuff. Spokes should be set if they're new, but I'd double check tension beforehand anyways before putting tape on. I also set my tape overlap to the opposite side of the valve stem. Then, getting the bead seated might be a bitch, so put a ratchet strap around the circumfrence to help seat the bead. Also take the valve out of the stem before filling it, then put it back once the tire pops in place. Take it slow and good luck!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Thanks so much for the advice, man. I'm gonna be going REAL slow on this, that's for sure! There's nothing better than the feeling of accomplishment when you do it yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The front tire was a bitch to set the bead! I tried using a ratchet strap, soap, hairdryer, nothing worked until I blasted the tire up to like 115 psi then finally POP POP!
If these things continue to hold 35psi after 24 hours, I'll get them balanced.

• Locked thread