Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Khizan posted:

A family friend found a kitten after a storm and couldn’t keep her.

All the shelters were full and wouldn’t take her, so I have a kitten now.

Vet says four weeks old. She is so terrifyingly tiny. The itty bittiest cat.

In at least one place in the world, they call kittens at that age, with the little tail sticking straight up like that, 'bumper car kittens.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also keep the video mode ready. Record the first time they get to use a litterbox!

https://i.imgur.com/GaHgbWr.mp4

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

floofyscorp posted:

My boy Loki is very allergic to beef and lamb, and went through some very sad-looking times with no fur on his scrawny lil neck before we figured out what the problem was. Now we feed single-protein foods; James Wellbeloved turkey kibble and Cosma tuna tins. Poultry is obviously a very common cat food ingredient but single-protein fish food seems fairly readily available too. I don't know if those brands are available in Canada, but they're cheaper than the prescription stuff and he's doing very well on them.

Ah yeah thanks I'm not sure about those brands but looking for single protein foods threw up a bunch of results!

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

With a kitten that small found out in the street, don't delay doing a vet appt if you haven't already.

Yeah, I took her the day that I picked her up. Vet says four weeks old, so too young for shots but her heart sounds good and she got the dewormer.

Really, I got super lucky with her because she's about as tiny as it's possible for a kitten to be without requiring a ton of extra work. She's got all her kitten teeth in, she can eat dry food, drink water from a bowl, uses the litterbox by herself, etc. So she's got all the adorableness of a tiny little kitten without most of the extra work they require.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

That's for sure. I've been lucky enough to have the mother cat on hand for foster kittens that young.

You've also got her at the perfect age to socialize with other people and bond with you. Make sure to regularly bring friends over to meet her, and you'll have a real outgoing friendly cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Bringing in other people is perhaps the one area I haven't been able to ultra socialize my new kitten so far. He's only met other people once or twice -other than vet visits. They were also the boisterous sort who sent him into hiding.

He's still got a bit of a bump at the injection site from his 2nd round of vaccines, which concerns me, but it still hasn't been a full month, and it doesn't seem to be growing, when I take him in to get fixed next month, I'll still have the vet take a look to make sure it's not a sarcoma