Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
You have to get it at the Einwohnermeldeamt you first registered at.

Depending on how many times you moved since then your current Einwohnermeldeamt don’t have that data. They only know your last address before moving to your current one.

bronin fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

bronin posted:

You have to get it at the Einwohnermeldeamt you first registered at.

Depending on how many times you moved since then your current Einwohnermeldeamt don’t have that data. They only know your last address before moving to your current one.

So this afternoon Right as I wake up and before My medications I am checking On house Walk into the kids Room And see a Person In front Of the kids window..So me I go outside find out its the mailman and tell Him for the last time stay away from the kids windows We have asked you multiple times not to walk between cars an windows because You might get shot .......Being as How we have 2 girls that are children not to mention a little boy ..I believe its in my right to Protect these children from Perverts an Pieces of poo poo in this world. I also live down the street from a place where thefts murders an assaults have happened in the past. He told me because I wouldnt let him walk that way that he would not deliver the mail and would just send it back I tried calling the usps before walking down to make sure to get him On recording refusing to give me my mail he refused to say anything. so I called him a Bitch an a coward for not repeating what he said and I went Home....15 min later My home was swarmed with Police banging on my door Scaring Emegail so I had Kara leave with Emegail because my medications had not kicked in and I was getting overly anxious with the police.Tried calling Grandma only to realize well shes out of town. I asked if they had warrants they said they didnt need one as they continued to bang on my door profusely an hide away from my sight which I called them on multiple times. I told them I have a mental issue they needed to leave I did not want to talk to them and they insisted on causing me emotional and mental strain along with the physical strain of my heart not being able to slow down over an over.I told them you can call my caseworker I have the files verified of my disorder all you have to do is leave my property because you do not have a warrant I walked thru them and left MY OWN HOME because I did not feel Safe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Sir this is an Edeka Fleischtheke.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

otoh they got the rarely-seen 18h probation for spamming that all over the place, so there's that

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I thought it was some weird joke about America that we can't understand because we're not Americans

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUfYSCsAJ9A

Kinda weird how much this reminds me of my grandpa's Urlaubsfilme back in the day, weird music choices and lame attempts at humour inclusive. Also a ton of stuff in there (not in my grandpa's videos, obviously :v:) that would simply not fly today like the literal upskirting shot 5 minutes in, jfc

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Gibt es in Deutschland eigentlich so etwas wie Nachsendeaufträge für Telefonnummern?

Ich will meine Telefonnummer ändern, aber ich will nicht irgendwo die Änderung meiner Kontaktdaten vergessen und mich dann aus meinem Onlinebanking oder so ausschließen.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Ich kenne nur die Rufnummernmitnahme.

Was wäre der Sinn von einem Nachsendeauftrag für Telefonnummern? Wenn es darum geht, nicht mehr erreichbar zu sein (was der einzige Grund für eine Nummernänderung ist, der mir einfällt) dann wäre man dann ja trotzdem erreichbar...

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Not much traffic in here lately, but then there's not much tourism and travel lately at all :(

I'm curious, I thought threads fall into archives after 6 months of inactivity? Why can I still post in here?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

It's because your posting is so powerful, op

(Serious explanation: I'm pretty sure that the time limit of inactivity before a thread is archived is dependent on which forum said thread is in so that forums with less traffic don't see half of their threads fall into oblivion prematurely)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I don't think threads have been archived since like 2017?

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
Most of the Deutschposting happens in the D&D thread in case you weren't aware

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Me and my wife are planning on taking a trip to Berlin next month, the week of the 18th. We'd been meaning to go a long time ago, but, y'know. Stuff happened. Originally we we're just going to go because she went for work, and it seemed really nice but she didn't get to do anything, so we just said "Oh we'll go together someday", and now it's one of the few places on the green list from the UK.

As such, we've kind of decided to go there without really knowing much about what's on / what to do. We can look at Tripadvisor for the touristy stuff, but I was just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions of like, more quirky stuff to do, things that you might do as a local?

We're probably not going to try and go to Berghain, but more that end of the spectrum, y'know? Klunkerkranich looks cool, as does Holzmarkt. Any other recommendations?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Whatcha looking for exactly? Clubbing or just drinking/general Berlin vibes? Idk how many clubs are open but I hear Sisyphus is, it’s a little far out though.

Late summer nights is great for walking down Weserstrasse in Neukölln I believe, pubs and bars galore. Also along the Kanal there. Have pizza at gazzo pizza. Honestly lots of great pubs and food there. Wedding is nice too but a lot more splayed out so you’d have to know where you’re going. Kreuzberg is overdone at this Point. Rosenthaler Platz is the Heart of hipster tourist Berlin, can’t go wrong in any direction there, down Kastanienallee is recommended though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Berghain isn’t currently open as a club, but they’re using the space as an art gallery.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Zwille posted:

Whatcha looking for exactly? Clubbing or just drinking/general Berlin vibes? Idk how many clubs are open but I hear Sisyphus is, it’s a little far out though.

Late summer nights is great for walking down Weserstrasse in Neukölln I believe, pubs and bars galore. Also along the Kanal there. Have pizza at gazzo pizza. Honestly lots of great pubs and food there. Wedding is nice too but a lot more splayed out so you’d have to know where you’re going. Kreuzberg is overdone at this Point. Rosenthaler Platz is the Heart of hipster tourist Berlin, can’t go wrong in any direction there, down Kastanienallee is recommended though.

Clubbing is a big maybe, we're doubly vaxxed and everything, but, feels a bit odd. Drinking and vibes though, yeah.

The_Doctor posted:

Berghain isn’t currently open as a club, but they’re using the space as an art gallery.

This is awesome, means I might get in, and can say I've been!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah the architecture rules too, definitely give it a shot.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Ok, great, thanks so much for this! We're actually going for a week, so are open to travelling by train if there's something nearby(ish) that's worth visiting too? Any recommendations as to what a Berliner might do for a weekend away?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Peep Beelitzer Heilstätten for a path across the Baumkronen, some nice views from above but all you see is trees. The abandoned Heilstätte is kind of fun to see though, and they do tours. Potsdam Sanssouci is a tourist favorite, kinda like Versailles if that's your thing. You can also visit Hamburg with the ICE train (90 minute express variant when available) for about 50-70 bucks, as cheap as 20 if you luck out with Super-Spar-Preis (but gotta stick to the train/time you picked then!), and if you're in Hamburg for just a day spend it in the harbor and get a Fischbrötchen, cross the Alter Elbtunnel, and if it rains go to Miniaturwunderland.

You can also take the Regionalexpress to Frankfurt/Oder, hop across the border and shop (possibly) questionable tobacco products for 20€ a carton at the "Polenmarkt" and get body piercings of questionable hygiene (kidding, they were doing pretty well I think and the person who got her belly pierced is still alive and well 10 years after the fact) for about 20 bucks too. Dunno how that works with Covid and everything though.

You can also visit the Baltic Sea by train for a day or two. Rostock/Warnemünde is good.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

In Berlin for a couple days next weekend. Recommendations for an awesome restaurant we can book a table at? No particular preferences, we’ll eat anything so long as it’s good.

Also, is there anything we should know about local etiquette regarding social distancing?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Reinhard’s on Kurfürstendamm? I can’t actually think of many restaurants in Berlin that I ever needed to book for/even have booking.

There’s a few I’d like to have been able to. Waiting outside Silo for 25 minutes for a table isn’t fun.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Prepare for folks from all walks of life to just not give that much of a poo poo about social distancing. Not even in a malicious anti-vaxxer way, just in a casual :effort: way.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
It's nothing particularly fancy, but I quite liked Knofi in Kreuzberg last time I went (which admittedly was a while ago).

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
How do I use the subway in Berlin? Can I just tap in and out on an Amex card or whatever, or do I have to buy tickets?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Get the BVG ticket app for absolute ease. You can buy your tickets on it (singles, returns, carnet), and then just validate/activate them as you need.

NB, activate your ticket before you get on a train. If you do it while on the train and a ticket inspector sees it, they’ll count it as not having a ticket (because it wasn’t technically valid when the train left the station), and they are brutal.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

There are no turnstiles like in e.g. London for entering the U-Bahn station where you can scan your card (this is Germany after all, what the hell is digitalization). On the platform (or in the hall as you descend to the platform) there will be automats that you can use to buy a ticket for the zone you want (AB gets you most of the city).

Once you get your paper ticket, you will then need to activate it like The_Doctor mentioned. On the platform, and almost always immediately next to the automat where you bought the ticket, there will be a little gizmo where you can stick your ticket and get it punched. It'll make a satisfying punch and beep sound when you do it. That's what you need to do before you board the train (and if you bought an all-day ticket, you only need to do that once for the rest of the day).

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Reinhard’s on Kurfürstendamm? I can’t actually think of many restaurants in Berlin that I ever needed to book for/even have booking.

There’s a few I’d like to have been able to. Waiting outside Silo for 25 minutes for a table isn’t fun.

OK, good to know that a lot of places don't rely on booking in advance (it's impossible to get a seat most places without booking where I come from).

So I guess I'll take suggestions for excellent places to eat instead! Price/type of food doesn't matter - for comparison last trip our best experiences were a Chinese diner and a Michelin restaurant, they were both amazing but very different.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Prepare for folks from all walks of life to just not give that much of a poo poo about social distancing. Not even in a malicious anti-vaxxer way, just in a casual :effort: way.

OK, same procedure as in Denmark :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Trip report: we spent most of our time in Mitte, which probably isn't the most exciting place for eating out. That said, there's a healthy Vietnamese community in the area and you can't go more than a block without hitting a Pho place, which is pretty awesome.

House of Small Wonder has an extremely weird but fun menu. Half of the items are no-nonsense brunch classics and the other half is bizarro mash-ups of italian and japanese dishes. I got what I think was spaghetti puttanesca, except with fish roe and seaweed instead of anchovies, as well as a yuzu Harvey Wallbanger? It was tasty, but felt kinda like the plating and menu were designed with instagram in mind. The normal brunch stuff was fine though so there is an option for folks who just want a meal instead of grist for their social media timeline.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 24, 2021