Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Goddamnit Stad, did someone order a rough chuckles hold the chuckles?

I was down at my folks' place in the evenings all this week to work on my bike in their garage. They're getting to an age where they're talking seriously about long term care, just in case. When I hugged my mom I became aware she is turning into a small and delicate version of herself, and I think I'm finally taller than my dad, though I will never admit it to his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon
Nov 30, 2004
I generated a David Attenborough voice over for the text Onstad included in the most recent patron email, but I can't share it unless I buy a service. It works really well though

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Reminds me a bit of this all-timer strip

https://www.achewood.com/2010/04/22/title.html

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Jon posted:

I generated a David Attenborough voice over for the text Onstad included in the most recent patron email, but I can't share it unless I buy a service. It works really well though

Just imitate him with your actual human voice like a normal person.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The follow-up strip (which doesn't have any slide whistles OR men being punched on the erection :mad:) with "His dad's dead" "Yeah, I'd heard that." is a great little moment too.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I had forgotten that the strip launches into the Nice Pete High School arc immediately after wrapping up Philippe Goes Home. There's some kind of metaphor there

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

I had forgotten that the strip launches into the Nice Pete High School arc immediately after wrapping up Philippe Goes Home. There's some kind of metaphor there

The whiplash of "home is the grand illusion" going into "teodor gets raped in a van" and then abruptly into "ray nearly dies from delirium tremens" is the kind of thing that is so harsh that I'm glad Onstad didn't decide to paint the ceiling with his grey matter in the early 2010s.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If I had plans, they were made by an incorrect life I no longer maintain.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I was thinking about Ray's failed recipe for the French Toast cocktail. Champagne was obviously a mistake, but I think cognac, vanilla extract, and egg white would work pretty well together. Shake, serve in a coupe glass, dust with powdered sugar and/or powdered cinnamon.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
You could tell the guys spent most of the R&D in naming Mojititties rather than coming up with a recipe

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

Antivehicular posted:

Looking back at this period shortly after the final strip aired, I felt it was kind of a wrap-up for all the characters.

Philippe went home. Nice Pete went to Holywood. Ray got on top of his alcoholism. Teodor finally hooked up with Penny. Beef found his perfect strain etc etc.
I just didn't realise at the time what was happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
"whenever I extend the hand of praise, always does the Lord brand my palm"