Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!

Squidster posted:

If that sounds like your jam, consider checking out the Wayward Kindred campaign.

In for a paperback!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Icon-Cat posted:

In for a paperback!
Fantastic! I actually just uploaded a preview comic from the book to Imgur:

The God Of Roadside Memorials, from Tate Brombal and V. Gagnon

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 7 years!)

Hello folks! My Kickstarter is named DEATH RAY 2020

Less a Kickstarter for a single project than a Kickstarter for a year's worth of projects! I have produced a number of comic books in the past year that are only the first stages of ongoing enterprises. I would like to introduce these comics to a wider audience while putting gas in my tank to get these projects over the finish line in 2020. An abundance of printed and digital comics (as well as new rewards created just for this campaign) await the happy pledger!

This Kickstarer is running now and ends on New Year’s Eve!

Highlights include:

Aftershock, a digital graphic novel and epilogue to my popular Weapon Brown graphic novel.

The first issues of Deep Fried: The Hero’s Journey, a hilarious and unsettling story of sex, drugs and rock and roll.

The first issue of Kobayashi Maru (already complete), a demi-parody of Star Trek, which launches as a full-blown series in 2021.

Thanks for reading!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Gonna make any more like this? :fuckoff:
https://imgur.com/9zf66YX

Though I guess you won't be responding for a while...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905950&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

lofi fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 9, 2019

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Got another Kickstarter going for my webcomic. A 2nd book collection of The Fuzzy Princess!

The comic is about a cat princess from another world who gets lost in the human world and has to embrace humanity. Last year I was able to get the first book printed through generous donations on Kickstarter, so I'm asking you to help me make the new book, which collects the 2nd year of the webcomic.

I feel this is when the comic hit its stride. Continuing off from where the first book left off, join Princess Kat on a voyage of self-discovery in this sec, as she explores her new talents such as:

Urban exploration!
Crimefighting!
Attempting to make Christmas dinner!
Surviving a surprise visit!
Babysitting!
Witches!
And enduring Kuma’s slam poetry!

It’s all here, and so much more.

Bonus features includes a guest art and introduction by Dana Simpson (Phoebe and Her Unicorn), as well as new title page for each chapter! This will be a full color, 192 page book.

So yeah, let's get this book made! Any support is much appreciated

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hello thread, is this the right thread to post looking for someone to make drawings for me for money, like small ones that would go on 2.25 inch buttons? If not, what is? Thanks!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

There's a Work for Hire thread! What sort of thing are you after?

lofi fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 29, 2020

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I made another desktop calendar this year!

All 13 illustrations as well as the calendar layout were made specifically for this. This time the theme was mountain areas, so there's plenty of wide cliffs and chilly heights!

Just like last year's it's a little A6 printed calendar on nicely thick 300g matte paper. Spiral bound at the top, with a convenient desktop stand.

You can pre-order it here: https://gum.co/yukari2021

Typically even with shipping delays it should make its way to you before the new year!

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
My friend is building Audbile/Netflix for interactive theater. Like, each month you get a new play in the mail and the content is an audio recording and in a box there are letters in the styles of the characters, some are hand written school notes, some are aged typewriter style letters. Each are in an envelope and theres a commemorative pin or charm for each play. I bought one since she's my friend and the first play was really good.

Is this something other people do? Does this already exist?

I figured this thread might know since crowd funding tends to be on the cutting edge.

DC to Daylight
Feb 13, 2012

Hi goons,

I decided to start off 2021 with a Make100 Kickstarter.

I've got this heater controller for my aquarium that I started as a hobby project, that kind of evolved...

It measures and graphs temperature and flow and it controls two heaters. It measures heater current to make sure your heaters are working properly. There's also support for DIY chillers and a bunch of other cool things.

And, it's open source and can be programmed with the Arduino IDE.

Here's the Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fishyideas/tankbrain

Thanks for your time.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Is it ok to invoke Roko's Basilisk when trying to collect funding for an autonomous tree planting drone?

edit: The reasoning goes like this. CO2 levels are increasing. This is bad. Trees eat CO2. This is good. If we plant lots of trees they can eat CO2 and things will be less bad. But we're not planting lots of trees for some reason so maybe we should build robots to plant trees for us. Or we could do nothing and doom our grandchildren to COPD. It's a passive Roko's Basilisk. Your only hope to avoid it is to die before things get lovely, and even then your kids are going to suffer. It's not like I'm building a robot that will choke you for not helping to build it.

DreadLlama fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 22, 2021

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I had to put publishing on hold during the pandemic, but I'm finally back with a new project!

Life: Beauty, Wonder, Danger.

It's a faux documentary inspired by BBC's Planet Earth and Cameron's Avatar. It's a wordless 44-page collection collecting five short comics, set on a mysterious alien world full of wonderfully strange creatures.

Life was co-created by Stephanie Cooke (Oh My Gods, Mark Millar’s Millarworld Annual) and Megan Huang (Rangers of the Divide, Jia and the Nian Monster) , and it's pretty dang gorgeous.

It's our first time publishing a small standalone book instead of our usual anthologies, but I'm hoping the success of Life can pave the way to many more cool small projects.

Check it out!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tocomixpress/life-beauty-wonder-danger

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Another year, another desktop calendar from me! This year I got done super early, which is really nice. I'm also quite happy with the general result!

This time I picked a bunch of abandoned places for inspiration. The melancholic atmosphere of those was always really cool to me.

You can find it on gumroad here: https://gum.co/yukari2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Okey, so this time I have an actual Kickstarter to announce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jdNvY1EMNY

It's for Kandria, an open world action RPG I've been working on for the past few years. There's a lot of info on the game, the backstory, and our future plans on the campaign page, so please have a look!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shinmera/kandria

We also have a demo for the game running in the Steam Next Fest right now (linked from the KS page) if you want to have a look at what we've done so far.