Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Fighting Yellow Devil as a raid boss in Exoprimal is rad as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Larryb posted:

Mighty Gunvolt was ok and the final boss was basically a sneak preview of the then upcoming ASG2 but yeah, Burst was way better (and I think sort of canon as the GV portion near as I can tell happens at some point DURING Gunvolt 2) and the customization system basically let you make the game as hard or as easy as you wanted

Also I see they’ve gone back to the original title (for some reason they rereleased Burst on PlayStation and Xbox a while back as “Gal Gunvolt”)

I wouldn’t mind seeing them try to make another game in a similar vein honestly

I think they went to Gal Gunvolt because they wanted it to be associated just with their products and not the disaster that was MN9, but at this point Inafune's studio is dead and nobody remembers MN9 and "Mighty Gunvolt" probably is more likely to draw eyes than "Gal Gunvolt" among people who want a Mega Man style game and not a weird pervert shooting game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Mighty Gunvolt is just a better name anyway

While we’re on the subject, how’s the GV themed puzzle game that’s also being included in this collection?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 26, 2024

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's Suika Game with infuriating pieces but cute aesthetics.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Suika game but all the pieces look the same and a vtuber squeaks at you every so often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/go_lactic/status/1783716451213279439