Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sundae posted:

That will be dealt with as well. Two shits don’t make a right or something like that.

I think you mean "getting two birds stoned at once".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

zaurg posted:

Address this: The actual problem you probe me for is the idiots who respond to normal back and forth discussion with "OMG WHY IS ZAURG HERE" and they poo poo up an entire page of a thread that was moving along just fine before their poo poo-post.

Tasers, I know. loving brilliant.

Your BFC thread was closed so you have only the TFLC thread and the running thread to post in. Technically you should be banned for the post I just quoted. P.S. Tase you are balls

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Thank you for the reference! I shall apply it moving forward.

I want to be clear, though: Zaurg derails require two participants to take off. I'll ban him if he shows up, but I'm going to start probating people who derail the thread shouting at Zaurg for anything other than bad advice/stupid posts (if he posts hot garbage, go to town). A full page of Taser jokes doesn't help the thread either, and if the option was still around I'd just request a Hellban and move on.

erenoyo
Jun 30, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the right forum to get an idea of the value of an old coin?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

erenoyo posted:

Probably not, but you can try. Not sure where else would be right on a dead gay forum.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

erenoyo posted:

There's also this thread over in DIY though it's not super active https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706376

erenoyo
Jun 30, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

ohnobugs posted:

There's also this thread over in DIY though it's not super active https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706376

Thanks! I've posted in there

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I cannot believe I need to post this in 2021, but here we are:

Ableist, racist, or sexist slurs are not ever acceptable in BFC. This includes all the usual terrible terms you think of when cataloging these kinds of words, including the female genitalia substitute commonly used in Australia. Sorry, aussies - that one's a non-starter here.

- No, you may not use them because your friends say them all the time.
- No, you may not use them to describe a public figure that the forum largely agrees is a terrible person.
- No, you may not use them ironically, or try to weasel around this.
- No, even if you need that slur to fit the format of a dirty limerick about Trump, you may not use it. (Guilty as charged, ate a week for that in D&D last year. :v:)
- Yes, you may directly quote someone that used it if it is relevant to ongoing discussion. As an example, part of the QAnon Shaman's legal defense post Jan-6 insurrection used an ableist slur. Quoting that, discussing it directly in context of the quote, is okay.

I will ramp probes for use of slurs. I've been doing 6'ers before, but I'm starting at 1D moving forward. If you try to argue it in a "WELL ACTUALLY" sort of way, I'll probably extend the probation because gently caress you.

If you cannot find a substitute word for what you want to say in the entirety of the English language, BFC may not be the place for you.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
is there a new LinkedIn thread since the old one is closed?

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
I think the old one got closed due to inactivity, any new LinkedIn thread will probably meet the same fate.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

is there a new LinkedIn thread since the old one is closed?

There is no reason you can't make a new one. I think the other one just faded into obscurity. :shrug:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Sundae posted:

There is no reason you can't make a new one. I think the other one just faded into obscurity. :shrug:

if that's the case I'll make a new one for everyone using just Copypasta

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Hey folks!

There's going to be a change in management here in BFC Corporation Incorporated. No, it has nothing to do with the sudden lack of coffee in the breakrooms, or the rumored layoffs in the cafeteria. In short, the current Chief Probation Officer has decided that he is hanging up his hat to actually spend more time with his family. He has a toddler now, too much going on, and in his grand quest to be more productive with his free time decided that SA is part of what must go.

Once the onboarding process is finished, please welcome back Moana, who was dumb enough to agree to be a mod again is excited for the new opportunity to increase shareholder value and absolutely has no intention of abusing Executive Hot Tub privileges.

It's been a good 16 years. You guys have fun. Be good to each other unless the other is Zaurg, in which case find a way to probate him for another 30 days please. Thanks for being so awesome, BFC.

:redhammer:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Zaurg But A Horse
Apr 14, 2019

Zaurg? Neigh!
And if any of you were still in the betting pool for "who owns the gimmick ZBAH account," I guess this is your answer too. :D

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
I miss him already :smith:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

moana posted:

I miss him already :smith:

I will not be reading 3 pages of rules to find out if I'm supposed to be able to post ITT or not.

Good luck with your gig moana (no mods no masters!!!!).

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Is posting a referral link okay if it's not part of a 'scheme'?

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Red posted:

Is posting a referral link okay if it's not part of a 'scheme'?
I don't know, is it going to annoy people or turn a thread into a bunch of people posting their referral links? I'd say if someone asks for a referral link to something (like that HM Bradley account deal) then you can just PM them your link. If nobody is asking, then don't post a link. Does that work?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Is there a thread anywhere for full remote workers? My job is now officially permanently remote, and there's a lot to consider -- do I move somewhere with a lower COL, do I go full nomad, etc. Not making any changes in a hurry, but it would be great to read more about all the possibilities and aspects I haven't even considered yet.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Anne Whateley posted:

Is there a thread anywhere for full remote workers? My job is now officially permanently remote, and there's a lot to consider -- do I move somewhere with a lower COL, do I go full nomad, etc. Not making any changes in a hurry, but it would be great to read more about all the possibilities and aspects I haven't even considered yet.
There’s some chatter in the corporate thread. But :justpost: I bet a lot of people want to talk about it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Greetings, BFC. Due to the modless status of the subforum and someone's misguided recommendation, I am a new BFC mod. Because of my obvious destiny to eventually step down like every other BFC mod, I recommended the admins even go so far as to recruit another mod in addition to me! Time will tell if they manage to snag another poor sap to help out.

All the most recent rules stated by prior mods in this thread still apply. If anyone has issues or recommendations that they don't feel like posting here, well, my PMs are open.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

pmchem posted:

I recommended the admins even go so far as to recruit another mod in addition to me! Time will tell if they manage to snag another poor sap to help out.

:patriot: and..... I am that other mod! :patriot:

Feel free to slide into my PMs as well.

(for BFC moderation related issues only though, please).

I've been around forever, although I admit I don't actively read *all* the threads here. I'll get some more bookmarked, but honestly everything seems pretty chill and relaxed. Good job posting everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Link to new thread, thanks for this one Moana!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021411