Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If they're gonna include The Dog they have to include The Frog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Man the promos being cut against JYD after he comes back in 1990 to face Flair at Clash 11 are very, very racist.

Flair calling rocky king "boy" repeatedly to find out info relating to JYD. Windham saying JYD is only teaming with Sting, Lugar, and Mr wonderful because "he can't get help from his own kind." Just lots of stuff like that.

There is also a big push right now for the Southern Boys and how various wrestlers are true southerners before they go against Doom.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 27, 2024

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
yeah, wcw at the time was p firmly "the southern rasslin company" with all that comes with it.. the original implications of colonel parker managing harlem heat was uhhh.. let's just say a bit outdated at the time, would get a company torn apart today

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

shiksa posted:

yeah, wcw at the time was p firmly "the southern rasslin company" with all that comes with it.. the original implications of colonel parker managing harlem heat was uhhh.. let's just say a bit outdated at the time, would get a company torn apart today

I don't know who colonel Parker or Harlem heat is. I've only watched I think late 84-mid 1990.

Like there has always been some racism, but I feel since Dusty's firing it keeps getting worse.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Frog isn't even that big really

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Shard posted:

Frog isn't even that big really

Who are you to doubt Frog?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP4npaAWOzg

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Did Syxx really get his name from adding up the numbers of the 1-2-3 Kid?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

oh geez i had never even considered that.

the little video intros in that nitro game were the best part, it certainly wasnt the actual game, it was very bad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

wait xpac wasnt in the wolfpac what the hell

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

No. He multiplied them.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shard posted:

he was in spirit

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shard posted:

Outsiders + Syxx were the Wolfpac before it was a separate nWo group. They wrestled for the tag titles under Wolfpac Rules for a bit while Nash was injured.

It wasn't a *big* thing and obviously the later group is much more remembered.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Technically because he was the 6th member of the nWo. But also yes.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Two Beans posted:

isnt that counting, like, ted dibiase? lol early nwo was weird

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Two Beans posted:

No.

Hall, Nash, Hogan, Dibiase, Giant, NWO Sting, Syxx.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't know who colonel Parker or Harlem heat is. I've only watched I think late 84-mid 1990.

Like there has always been some racism, but I feel since Dusty's firing it keeps getting worse.

Parker is basically Foghorn Leghorn/Col. Tom (the guy who managed Elvis) as a wrestling character.

The original idea for Harlem Heat, a pair of real life black brothers, was for them to either be chain gang guys being lead to the ring by Parker who I guess would be their warden/gang boss, or straight up plantation guys with Parker as their owner. Making it worse, half the team actually did time for armed robbery and probably didn't want to be reminded of that time of his life.

Supposedly it was Sid's idea as part of his deal, as he demanded booking input and got it? I'm not sure about that part, but I've seen it claimed a couple times.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 28, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
luckily for everyone they only did that gimmick at house shows so it did not air on live television

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Parker is basically Foghorn Leghorn/Col. Tom (the guy who managed Elvis) as a wrestling character.

The original idea for Harlem Heat, a pair of real life black brothers, was for them to either be chain gang guys being lead to the ring by Parker who I guess would be their warden/gang boss, or straight up plantation guys with Parker as their owner. Making it worse, half the team actually did time for armed robbery and probably didn't want to be reminded of that time of his life.

Supposedly it was Sid's idea as part of his deal, as he demanded booking input and got it? I'm not sure about that part, but I've seen it claimed a couple times.

Booker T's said that their chains were to imply that they've broken them - despite the chains not being broken because WCW wasn't going to waste good chain - and Booker is also one of the last people whose recollections you should trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA-9imPBqYs