Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Edit - Dumb politics stuff, not the right thread for it

Medullah fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I know it's an election season, but please keep random, strictly political (ESPECIALLY electoral politics), low effort, hot takes in the political subforums where they belong. Not in the generally apolitical, widely helpful BFC megathreads***. Like, SA already has multiple forums dedicated to this poo poo and even other non-politics forums with their own political news-saturated chat threads.

I'm gonna make this my one broad warning to all BFC readers and just point at our rules thread when I probe people in the future.

***(I'll exempt stock thread people trading on news)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 16, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pmchem posted:

I know it's an election season, but please keep random, strictly political (ESPECIALLY electoral politics), low effort, hot takes in the political subforums where they belong. Not in the generally apolitical, widely helpful BFC megathreads***. Like, SA already has multiple forums dedicated to this poo poo and even other non-politics forums with their own political news-saturated chat threads.

I'm gonna make this my one broad warning to all BFC readers and just point at our rules thread when I probe people in the future.

***(I'll exempt stock thread people trading on news)

Yeah sorry, I forgot which thread I was in to be honest. I'm gonna edit it out if you want to edit the reply.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
My place of employment is wierd. It's all 1 cost: $0. Unclear about the working spouse waiver where I currently work but I never understood those forms clearly they're very confusing I bet they get filled out wrong all the time. (My wife is not working right now so it's a moot point.)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
My individual costs me $99.46/month. Adding my spouse costs me $421.98 for a family plan as theres no spouse option. :cry:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
These 'prove your spouse can't get their own insurance' requirements are insane. I've never had a job where they demand this for a +1 on the insurance plan.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I've been heavily investing in my 401k due to cashing it out to pay off some bad decisions when I left my last job in 2011, and I'm at the point where I want to see if I'm doing the right thing with my spare money monthly. I'm doing the following -

1. Maxing out my annual 401k investment, roughly 50/50 Traditional/Roth at this point ($23,000) 5% employer match.

2. Maxing out my HSA contribution ($4,150)

3. 10% per paycheck goes to Employee Stock Purchase Plan (15% immediate discount).

That about covers my "extra" money, should I just keep trucking? Or would it be smarter to reduce 401k or ESPP and invest elsewhere?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I don't think you'll find a safe, guaranteed 17+% return like ESPP, just sell it afterwards and diversify it.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Put cash from the ESPP sales into a Roth IRA up to the limit. Backdoor if you have to and are able to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Medullah posted:

I've been heavily investing in my 401k due to cashing it out to pay off some bad decisions when I left my last job in 2011, and I'm at the point where I want to see if I'm doing the right thing with my spare money monthly. I'm doing the following -

1. Maxing out my annual 401k investment, roughly 50/50 Traditional/Roth at this point ($23,000) 5% employer match.

2. Maxing out my HSA contribution ($4,150)

3. 10% per paycheck goes to Employee Stock Purchase Plan (15% immediate discount).

That about covers my "extra" money, should I just keep trucking? Or would it be smarter to reduce 401k or ESPP and invest elsewhere?

I would keep this up you're doing great. Just make sure you are :f5: ing that company stock into cash so you can do more saving.