Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
To date, no distinctly torus-shaped planet has ever been observed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
by about 1500 gender was often neglected, giving rise to such absurdities as une home ('a (feminine) man') or un feme ('a (masculine) woman')

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

when fired toward the enemy, the flaming rats created great psychological ramifications

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Matchmaking in China, using clothespins and umbrellas

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Unlike the word gently caress, poo poo is not used emphatically with -ing or as an infix. For example; I lost the making GBS threads karate match would be replaced with ...the loving karate match. Similarly, while in-loving-credible is generally acceptable, in-making GBS threads-credible is not.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I making GBS threads disagree, wikipedia

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
You've gotta be loving me

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Arsène Lupin contre Herlock Sholmès was published in the United States in 1910 under the title "The Blonde Lady" which used the name "Holmlock Shears" for Sherlock Holmes, and "Wilson" for Watson. It is also stated in this book that Arsene Lupin is a vegetarian for "hygiene" reasons though he is not averse to eating meat to avoid being eccentric or stand-out when in company while on the job.[2][3][4][5][6]

Mescal fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 23, 2024

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

Unlike the word gently caress, poo poo is not used emphatically with -ing or as an infix. For example; I lost the making GBS threads karate match would be replaced with ...the loving karate match. Similarly, while in-loving-credible is generally acceptable, in-making GBS threads-credible is not.
lol

Kazinsal posted:

I making GBS threads disagree, wikipedia
lmao

Samuel Glompers posted:

You've gotta be loving me
lomarf

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

According to an unpublished Master of Arts thesis, an administrator on 4chan added a filter on the site to change "wapanese" to "weeaboo," but users on the site quickly picked up the word and applied it in an abusive way in place of the already existing term "wapanese."

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Lol at GOR having a Linus Torvalds theme park. Somewhere theres is a Tove joke but I'm afraid she'll kick my rear end if I make it.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

which is the bit where all the bdsm happens?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sweevo posted:

which is the bit where all the bdsm happens?

the whole image

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Top_200_biology_images_that_should_use_vector_graphics

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

thats-a-penaeus.gif

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Captain Hygiene posted:

thats-a-penaeus.gif

Weird looking small pastry but okay

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Although it was rumored that Hogg had a sister or sisters, whose names was suggested to be "Hoosa Hogg", "Ura Hogg" or "Wera Hogg", she had only brothers.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Century eggs are sometimes avoided due to the belief that they are prepared by soaking eggs in horse urine for 100 years, but there is no valid evidence to support this.[10]

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ColTim posted:

Century eggs are sometimes avoided due to the belief that they are prepared by soaking eggs in horse urine for 100 years, but there is no valid evidence to support this.[10]

urgh yeah that sounds terrible, I'll stick with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_boy_egg thanks.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

urgh yeah that sounds terrible, I'll stick with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_boy_egg thanks.

While the boy eggs may not have necessarily had the same origin, their development comes from the similar cultural background.[1] There is no good explanation for why it must be boys' urine, specifically; it has simply been so for centuries[2]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

One local man was quoted stating, "The smell kills me. I feel like throwing up at the thought of it. It stinks.”[3]

:hmmyes:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

In the strictest sense, "Wintel" refers only to computers that run Windows on an Intel processor. However, Wintel is now commonly used to refer to a system running a modern Microsoft operating system on any modern x86 compatible CPU, manufactured by either Intel or AMD.[9] That is because the PC applications that can run on an x86 Intel processor usually can run on an x86 AMD processor too.

In mid-October 2017, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 on Qualcomm Snapdragon is at the final stage of testing.[10][11][12] That would not be considered as "Wintel". Systems running a Microsoft operating system using an Intel processor based on the Itanium or ARM architecture, despite the fact that the processor is manufactured by Intel, are also not considered to be a Wintel system.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

The reason why Baal could be both identified with Horus and his rival Set; is because in Egypt the element of the storm was considered foreign as Set was a god of strangers and outsiders, thus because the Egyptians had no better alternative to identify their native god Set with another neighboring deity, they tentatively associated him with Hadad since he was a storm-god, but when the god Baal (Hadad) is not specifically attributed the traits of rain and thunder and is instead perceived as a god of the sky generically, which is what is embodied by his form "Baal Zaphon" as the chief deity who resides on the mountain (for example a 14th-century letter from the king of Ugarit to the Egyptian pharaoh places Baʿal Zaphon as equivalent to Amun also),[1] in that case he's more similar to the Egyptian Horus in that capacity (comparable to Baalshamin as well).

I wonder if there's a way to sort articles by longest sentence contained.

Most likely originally Set referred to another deity also addressed by the title "Baal" (one of the many; an example of this would be the Baal of Tyre) who happened to display storm-like traits especially in Egypt since they were foreign and as such duly emphasized; when instead his weather features probably weren't all that prominent in other cultures who worshipped equivalents of him, but given that the only storm-god available for identification in Semitic culture was Hadad and in Hittite Sutekh (a war-god who's been hypothesized to be an alternative name of Teshub, but it remains unclear), the traits matched the characteristics of the Egyptian deity, and an association between the two was considered plausible, also given by the fact that both the Hittites and Semitic Hyksos were foreigners in the Egyptian land who brought their gods with them, and their main god happened to display storm-like traits and was also associated with these foreigners who came to Egypt, a characteristic that would make him similar to the perception that the Egyptians had of Set.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individual_dogs
  • Actors
  • Athletes
  • Faithful dogs
  • Working dogs
  • Other heroic dogs
  • Real dogs in literature
  • Mascots
  • Models
  • Dogs in science
  • Dogs of unusual size
  • Intelligent dogs
  • Long-lived dogs
  • Show dogs
  • Notorious dogs
  • Ugly dogs
  • Unique dogs
  • Foundation sires and early dogs
  • Other notable dogs
  • Fame by proxy to a famous owner
  • Miscellaneous

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individual_dogs
  • Actors
  • Athletes
  • Faithful dogs
  • Working dogs
  • Other heroic dogs
  • Real dogs in literature
  • Mascots
  • Models
  • Dogs in science
  • Dogs of unusual size
  • Intelligent dogs
  • Long-lived dogs
  • Show dogs
  • Notorious dogs
  • Ugly dogs
  • Unique dogs
  • Foundation sires and early dogs
  • Other notable dogs
  • Fame by proxy to a famous owner
  • Miscellaneous

Dogs are good. This article has my protection.

Winty
Sep 22, 2007

The list of alumni for this film school has clearly become a running joke for some folks to just add random people to, including some who died before the school was founded. Lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Film_Academy#Notable_alumni

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Winty posted:

The list of alumni for this film school has clearly become a running joke for some folks to just add random people to, including some who died before the school was founded. Lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Film_Academy#Notable_alumni

Heck the Doobie's Dogs redneck is still listed as a prominent citizen of Reform Alabama.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Heck the Doobie's Dogs redneck is still listed as a prominent citizen of Reform Alabama.

Lol, I hadn't seen that before

Goonspeed, wiki editor :patriot:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Captain Hygiene posted:

Goonspeed, wiki editor :patriot:

so i edited the page and i left i like that

and i said mods and editors you cant reverse my post because i meant what i edited and i left it like that

and i got an email about it and and i said this is my wikipedia edit and i left it that

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
The most commonly used terms are V-shaped (with variations of square-root shaped, and Nike-swoosh shaped), U-shaped, W-shaped (also known as a double-dip recession), and L-shaped recessions, with the COVID-19 pandemic leading to the K-shaped recession (also known as a two-stage recession).

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A man with a diseased penis torments Christ. Diptych with the Passion of Christ c. 1400 (detail). Austria, Styria. (Cleveland Museum of Art Open Access Program)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
A roll-away computer is a computer with a flexible polymer-based display technology, measuring 1 mm thick and weighing around 200 grams.[citation needed]