Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sorry about your meme stock losses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

joat mon posted:

I don't know bankruptcy, but I do know what a flag is, and what the color red looks like.

Yeah, the whole thing seems like a red flag. Full of people swearing that a billionaire will save the company and make everyone rich while insisting that you totally don't need anyone with expertise to look closer because it'll all be taken care of and subtly implying you may accidentally prevent the friendly billionaires from rescuing your investment if you do. All while making vague references to Q anon and how this company may be truly hosed by corrupt child traffickers unless you vote for Trump so he can help the good kind altruistic billionaires save you.

The fact all the grifters went absolutely nuts over a guy claiming professional expertise made me think he might have been on the right track. That and the fact they doxxed him so he's not a completely crazy anonymous person.

If they hadn't doxxed him then I'd have thought he was lying but once they doxxed him and started implying he was an enemy sent to distract everyone from getting rich (instead of questioning his expertise), I started thinking, maybe that guy actually is an expert like he claims and it might be worth it for people to have a professional take a closer look.

BigHead posted:

If you need a bankruptcy attorney and have no idea where to start, you can Google "state bar association referral service." Call the line or navigate the referral website looking for a bankruptcy attorney and start calling their offices until you find one that will take your case.

Thank you!

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Hi, I'm in VA and my wife's car (a Subaru) was just towed. She was definitely parked somewhere she shouldn't have been (in a private lot), but they towed it with a normal ol' tow truck instead of a flatbed, and Subarus are apparently only supposed to be towed on flatbeds as their AWD can get all mucked up if they are towed with two wheels on the ground. She has warning lights going off all over her dash now and we're taking it in to get it serviced to see what the damage is.

My question is this: are tow companies liable for damaging a car while towing it?

e: I found this law which, if I'm understanding it correctly, sounds like they can be liable?

kedo fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 17, 2024

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
I have a reference for your buddy (and maybe you based on the last post?)
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us

If he is aware of that type of fraud he should qui tam it as well and get a fat whistleblower check. There is no massive stock fraud being exposed in GameStop, its just a failing business.

quote:

All while making vague references to Q anon and how this company may be truly hosed by corrupt child traffickers unless you vote for Trump so he can help the good kind altruistic billionaires save you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kedo posted:

Hi, I'm in VA and my wife's car (a Subaru) was just towed. She was definitely parked somewhere she shouldn't have been (in a private lot), but they towed it with a normal ol' tow truck instead of a flatbed, and Subarus are apparently only supposed to be towed on flatbeds as their AWD can get all mucked up if they are towed with two wheels on the ground. She has warning lights going off all over her dash now and we're taking it in to get it serviced to see what the damage is.

My question is this: are tow companies liable for damaging a car while towing it?

e: I found this law which, if I'm understanding it correctly, sounds like they can be liable?

You should call a local attorney rather than asking about this online. You have a fact specific circumstance and may or may not have a claim. Time may be of the essence as you may time constraints to notify the tow company of the damage. You can probably find an attorney by searching "vehicle tow damage X city, virginia" and get a phone number or two.