Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hailey’s On It returns this weekend along with the second half of Moon Girl S2

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yBCw-QPVm1g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Beau DeMayo, show runner for X-Men '97 has been fired without any reason and he's basically scrubbed his social media presence: https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/x-men-97-creator-beau-demayo-fired-1235939810/

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It has been mentioned he was fired from Witcher for strange story choices, physical and emotional abuse, and sharing pictures of his dick on OnlyFans.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Covok posted:

and sharing pictures of his dick on OnlyFans.

There’s nothing wrong with this part.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, but some people were saying that wouldn't fly with Disney.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The_Doctor posted:

There is if he was sending it to people he's subscribed to that doesn't explicitly say they allow that

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I think everyone knows what they're signing up for when they give money to someone's onlyfans and it's not happy birthday messages.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh I was assuming he was a customer sending Dick pics without asking

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Netflix may have cancelled the series a while back but at least we’re getting the ending of the original Dead End Paranormal Park comic next month:

https://www.amazon.com/DeadEndia-Divine-Order-Hamish-Steele/dp/1454949023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I still want news from Netflix on Redwall.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

I still want news from Netflix on Redwall.

Is that even still happening? It’s been 3 years since the initial announcement

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Gone the same way as the Bone animated series?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

anyone see X-men 97? it's pretty good! it was also cool how they redid the original intro...though the animation's kind of inferior in quite a few spots. it sucks that professor X isn't in it, but overall i like what i see.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

anyone see X-men 97? it's pretty good! it was also cool how they redid the original intro...though the animation's kind of inferior in quite a few spots. it sucks that professor X isn't in it, but overall i like what i see.

I mean, the original series showed that he’s still alive so it’s possible he might pop up eventually but otherwise yeah, it seems decent so far

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s just not the same without Cedric Smith screaming while Professor X grips his head.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Larryb posted:

I mean, the original series showed that he’s still alive so it’s possible he might pop up eventually but otherwise yeah, it seems decent so far

oh crap you're right lol

i didn't realize this was a continuation. i thought this was supposed to be like an alternate future timeline or something

I AM GRANDO posted:

It’s just not the same without Cedric Smith screaming while Professor X grips his head.

obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RNjsiNgdM

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's possible that they've retconned Xavier going to space to get healed by his alien girlfriend, but it's equally possible that he's just LEGALLY DEAD.

Also I love how silly this poo poo is and that they decided to continue with all this utterly ridiculous comic book poo poo.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I Am Fowl posted:

It's possible that they've retconned Xavier going to space to get healed by his alien girlfriend, but it's equally possible that he's just LEGALLY DEAD.

Also I love how silly this poo poo is and that they decided to continue with all this utterly ridiculous comic book poo poo.

Then again, Morph literally died at one point as well. Death is more often than not just a minor inconvenience in the Marvel universe (especially when it comes to X-Men)

But we’ll see how it goes

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007
Really appreciate all the ATLA talk and predictions. The idea of a moon-landing race is interesting to me. What really strikes me is it feels so mutually exclusive to both land on the Moon and have there be a Moon Spirit. Like, the Spirits represent the mysteries of nature, and to uncover them makes the spirits feel obsolete. I'm not explaining it too well but hope my main idea gets through.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Simulation883 posted:

Really appreciate all the ATLA talk and predictions. The idea of a moon-landing race is interesting to me. What really strikes me is it feels so mutually exclusive to both land on the Moon and have there be a Moon Spirit. Like, the Spirits represent the mysteries of nature, and to uncover them makes the spirits feel obsolete. I'm not explaining it too well but hope my main idea gets through.

I feel like they kind of put themselves in a corner there by trying to have powerful spirits both be fundamental metaphysical cornerstones of the world (see: killing the moon spirit who's just hanging around means all waterbending stops working and the moon vanishes) and also at the same time just be kaiju or something (see: everything about Vaatu).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean they literally have an entire episode about a spirit of a river that people live on, who is suppressed by a factory polluting that river, straight out of Captain Planet. Kind of a big deal with Avatar is that the spirit world is extremely close to the physical world, and part of the magical world that people live in along with how a significant fraction of the population has superpowers. The Avatar is a tangible, material fact of the world they live in. I think they can work that in with humans landing on the moon with a little creativity. Particularly considering a number of episodes revolve around how the scientific method and rationalist views are not at all invalid, and in fact can be guided and work alongside the spiritualism of the setting; it's setting out to understand and appreciate the world in front of them, after all.

Heh, even the Legendary Godzilla movies kinda lean into Kaiju being both materialist elements as keystone species of a wild ecosystem and spiritually significant, with themes of how humanity needs to understand its place as part of a wider universe, one that includes Godzilla and King Kong.

Random note: Realising that every member of Team Avatar has a masked alter-ego.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 24, 2024

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

...I feel like you're being extremely generous with the "masked" part of that for everyone except Zuko. I'll maybe grant you Painted Lady for Katara, but Blind Bandit certainly doesn't wear a mask, and neither does WANG FIRE, HERO OF THE FIRE NATION. :colbert: And I'm not sure what you'd even be talking about for Aang, besides Kuzon I guess.

Unless there's stuff I'm somehow completely forgetting, of course.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cattail Prophet posted:

...I feel like you're being extremely generous with the "masked" part of that for everyone except Zuko. I'll maybe grant you Painted Lady for Katara, but Blind Bandit certainly doesn't wear a mask, and neither does WANG FIRE, HERO OF THE FIRE NATION. :colbert: And I'm not sure what you'd even be talking about for Aang, besides Kuzon I guess.

Unless there's stuff I'm somehow completely forgetting, of course.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I still think the world gets a bit too screwy when you look at it for too long, and was not designed to outlive its original series' scope.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
So... that "Quiet On Set" documentary is certainly stirring up a lot of talk about live-action shows and child abuse.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neeksy posted:

I still think the world gets a bit too screwy when you look at it for too long, and was not designed to outlive its original series' scope.

Lol until the last three words of that sentence I thought you were talking about the real world

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Lol until the last three words of that sentence I thought you were talking about the real world

You know what, maybe I am. Maybe I am talking about the scope of the social contract as it has been written up until this point.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neeksy posted:

You know what, maybe I am. Maybe I am talking about the scope of the social contract as it has been written up until this point.

Are you tired of being nice?

Some you just want to go APE SHITT?

mystes
May 31, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It really jumped the shark when they renewed it after the old testament

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

It wasn't the same after Nietzsche killed off the main character.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
We only have one wacky hybrid animal with the platypus, it's bullshit.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

mycot posted:

We only have one wacky hybrid animal with the platypus, it's bullshit.

True, but it's an apex predator that's the size of a small bus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Junpei posted:

So... that "Quiet On Set" documentary is certainly stirring up a lot of talk about live-action shows and child abuse.

I already thought it was a nightmare of abuse and wasn't prepared to have so severely underestimated how bad it was.