Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Old Man Mozz posted:

I hate to be maddeningly vague - but I am looking for a game where players play gods and take turns building up a world on a map. I originally found it through the forums, I know - but I am coming up dry

The Quiet Year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.

inklesspen posted:

I think you're looking for Dawn of Worlds.

exactly that, thanks!

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
A lot of classic/influential indies up for sale cheap in the most recent Bundle of Holding: http://bundleofholding.com/index/current

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Thanks for posting that bundle. I had heard about, but never picked up or played, a number of these games. I'm especially fascinated by Dogs in the Vineyard, though the mechanics do seem a bit clunky to me at first read. Maybe it'll make more sense the second readthrough.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
Dogs definitely takes a couple of readthroughs. Incidentally, the film Brigham City mentioned in the the book's Resources section is legitimately good inspiration material for Dogs, weird and clunky as the film is.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I have most of those games already, otherwise this would be an amazing bundle. I really wanna play Sorcerer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

I have most of those games already, otherwise this would be an amazing bundle. I really wanna play Sorcerer.

I only ever played it once, and it was a supplement for sword and sorcery settings. We played sorcerer kings who were allied only because we wanted to find and pillage an ancient library. Of course we both planned to backstab the other as soon as was feasible.

We never got to the library, mind you. He summoned a dragon, I decided that was too powerful a pet for him to have and started psychically attacking it, and I think we wasted all our magic on a dragon that literally did nothing but stand there watching us two idiots in a mystical pissing contest.

• Locked thread