Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If it works I don’t see a reason to change

FWIW I swapped from sabnzbd to nzbget a long time ago because it was running kind of lovely and seemed to have a reputation for being resource hungry, and then a few years after that nzbget just mysteriously broke to the point that whatever was broken persisted through a simple reinstall and I couldn’t be bothered to try and fix it to I switched back and sabnzbd has been fine ever since

I now run it in a container on an arm-powered NAS enclosure alongside containers for Sonarr and radarr and if it’s still a little bloated in comparison I’m not seeing the effects of it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

History Comes Inside! posted:

If it works I don’t see a reason to change

FWIW I swapped from sabnzbd to nzbget a long time ago because it was running kind of lovely and seemed to have a reputation for being resource hungry, and then a few years after that nzbget just mysteriously broke to the point that whatever was broken persisted through a simple reinstall and I couldn’t be bothered to try and fix it to I switched back and sabnzbd has been fine ever since

I now run it in a container on an arm-powered NAS enclosure alongside containers for Sonarr and radarr and if it’s still a little bloated in comparison I’m not seeing the effects of it :shrug:

What you’re describing is the inverse of my experience lol. I went nzbget->sabnzbd->nzbget.

But ya - as long as it keeps fetching poo poo I’m not gonna worry about it. It’s not internet exposed or anything.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Running EOL software that touches the internet is usually not a great practice (not that it was getting updated regularly anyway). If the base image it is using is staying patched it is likely "fine", but it would be wise to either contain the install in a jail or some other method to minimize potential damage or just migrate over to SABnzbd. I did the latter myself and it took a few minutes and very little effort.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!
There is an active fork for nzbget

https://github.com/nzbgetcom/nzbget

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ll keep using nzbget purely because I really like the iPhone app I use for it (NZBClient)

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
LunaSea is available for iOS and Android, and it also does Sonarr/Radarr etc. but I don't know how good is NZBClient.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I paid for a license for this one years ago and its great. The dev is always updating it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevinforeman.nzb360

Similar to the Lunasea one, let's you add all your apps to it. If anyone has used both which do you prefer?

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Last time I used LunaSea it didn’t really provide much ease of use over the arr web ui. At the time, LunaSea got so doggone layered it took a while to switch between tools. Just keeping weblinks to each arr on my home screen worked faster at the time and I’ve just stuck with that out of laziness.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

lordfrikk posted:

LunaSea is available for iOS and Android, and it also does Sonarr/Radarr etc. but I don't know how good is NZBClient.

I have LunaSea too, but I use that more for setting things up with Sonarr and Radarr. Nzbclient is just my goto search and grab on a whim app.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Dyscrasia posted:

There is an active fork for nzbget

https://github.com/nzbgetcom/nzbget

Nice - apparently this is what I was already using. I traced back the helm chart to the underlying container definition and it's definitely coming from the new source.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
this all seems like a lot of work to read Usenet

like all you should need is a newsreader, it’s just text

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sometimes it's a lot of text though so an application that helps present it in a more user friendly way is appreciated

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
That sounds like an awful lot of discussion about computers, math, physics, and Babylon 5.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Read it fast enough and it’s like a movie in your brain

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

How's Frugal these days after losing their previous backbone months ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

How's Frugal these days after losing their previous backbone months ago?

I still have them set as my primary source just ahead of Eweka and I haven't noticed any dip in availability. According to my SAB stats for the last 30 days: Article availability: Selected date range: 86% available of 157K requested articles