Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Rather appropriate that it's Piccolo waving at the end there considering he was Toriyama's favorite character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Goku could not be more happy that his granddaughter's first instinct was to kick him in the face as hard as possible. A very Dragon Ball way to end.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Rather appropriate that it's Piccolo waving at the end there considering he was Toriyama's favorite character

Doubly appropriate because he's waving to Gohan, proving once again that he's a better dad than Goku ever was.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah, he's waving to Pan's kindergarten teacher.

Piccolo usually picks Pan up, and he's been training her.

Piccolo remains Best Dad

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They just abandoned her hat...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Maduo posted:

Goku could not be more happy that his granddaughter's first instinct was to kick him in the face as hard as possible. A very Dragon Ball way to end.

"OK, but what if you hit me... really hard?":haw:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

You think he'd let him win, like, one fight.

But yeah, it's a sweet, proper last offering.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sephyr posted:

You think he'd let him win, like, one fight.

But yeah, it's a sweet, proper last offering.

The new movie not only has him win fights but get a big orange super form.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Nah, he's waving to Pan's kindergarten teacher.

Piccolo usually picks Pan up, and he's been training her.

Piccolo remains Best Dad

My favorite part of the recent movie is the moment we see that it happens so often he's on a first name basis with her teacher. It's a minor moment but it had me nearly rolling laughing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Toryiama doesn’t write the manga? It’s some other guy. Toryiama provided plot outlines but he wasn’t involved in the day to day as far as I’m aware

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I will always love that canonically, people still remember Demon King Piccolo and what he looked like, and people still remember what happened at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai. Despite all that, at this point Piccolo just walks into town, picks up his god-granddaughter, and has pleasant conversations with her teacher in broad daylight. Everyone is fine with this.

Dragon Ball is the only series willing to do stuff like this and not have it come off as a parody or a complete joke. It's the best.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Toryiama doesn’t write the manga? It’s some other guy. Toryiama provided plot outlines but he wasn’t involved in the day to day as far as I’m aware

Toriyama worked closely with Toyotaro on the Super manga, and was known to adjust scripts and jokes and such. He was absolutely directly involved with the manga. Less so the Super anime series, though he directly scripted the Broly and Super Hero movies.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AFAIK Toriyama wrote Super, and Toyotarou draws it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

His name was still on it. A lot of fans tend to think it was mostly Toyotaro, but given how infamously secretive Toriyama was, it's one of those things that never really advanced beyond the "well I don't like this development, must have been Toyotaro..." phase

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wallace the Brave (2023-05-20)

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

Acts as a bit of an epilogue to the current arc, and ends with this series of panels - and the first time Goku meets Pan, his grand daughter.
They've actually met several times, just not since she was a baby. There's a pretty well-known scene where Piccolo drops Pan off at Goku's house and starts lecturing Chi-Chi on the proper way to care for her. Chi-Chi finally gets exasperated and points out that she's already raised two children and knows how to care for them, only to have Piccolo raise an eyebrow and look over at Goku and Goten playing catch using Pan as the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Baby head trauma has a proven track record of making saiyans pure of heart.

Also, the sooner she gets thiose zenkai boosts the sooner she'll catch up to the rest of the cast.