Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

petit choux posted:

If you are offering I'm interested, that looks like a really awesome chart.

Yep...

So, a few things....to anyone interested, I am sure there are some typos, mistakes, and things that should be changed. I made this a year ago and already want to change a lot, but feel free to edit or whatever.

I had to flatten the image to get it to print. Im not an illiustrator or inkscape guy and this was my first attempt to use either. Im sure the layers are hosed up and wrong and a first year design student would absolutely pan me, but flatten it and it will print.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NNCatLq3ydSmFFBuzR-mBxO3F_hSc8qH/view?usp=sharing

e: Ive had worse snipes tbh

Basic Poster fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
So over the mandala thing with the roman numerals deserve maybe some explaining.

In its position, the:
IV I V are caps and major for F, C and G and are on the outer circle.

Then there is a banner that should say relative minor but it looks f'd when I open that, but that applies to the note under C in the diagram which is A relative minor, which is all the second outermost ring is.

the:
ii iii vi applies to the notes under the A and ar4e adjacent int he third ring (going inward) which would be the D minor, E minor and A minor.

The vii below applies to the 7th half or full diminished, the the case of C, that is B as a root.

Nashville numbers or whatever, the point is, you could rotate that so the I (one) is on some note in the outermost circle and the rest is then a map to harmonize the diatonic chords for any key.

Notes outside the main circle is order of sharps/flats, etc. You guys know the circle of fifths sorry for being obvious.

Basic Poster fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 17, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Wow, thanks much! Looks good in IE.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Yep...

So, a few things....to anyone interested, I am sure there are some typos, mistakes, and things that should be changed. I made this a year ago and already want to change a lot, but feel free to edit or whatever.

I had to flatten the image to get it to print. Im not an illiustrator or inkscape guy and this was my first attempt to use either. Im sure the layers are hosed up and wrong and a first year design student would absolutely pan me, but flatten it and it will print.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NNCatLq3ydSmFFBuzR-mBxO3F_hSc8qH/view?usp=sharing

e: Ive had worse snipes tbh

Can I crosspost this to CSPAM, I know some of the little tiny goofballs over there will enjoy it.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

petit choux posted:

Can I crosspost this to CSPAM, I know some of the little tiny goofballs over there will enjoy it.

As long as you tell me where. I love (hate) cspam. Id like to know where so when they point out errors I can correct them or answer questions.

Just dont post in dnd

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

As long as you tell me where. I love (hate) cspam. Id like to know where so when they point out errors I can correct them or answer questions.

Just dont post in dnd

Probably haven't posted there in 8-10 years LOL

It's in the Trump thread and nobody has responded yet, it's about pg 660. I figured some of those folks were vaguely musically inclined, maybe somebody will use it. Me, I'd like to print it out and pin it up someplace.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

petit choux posted:

Probably haven't posted there in 8-10 years LOL

It's in the Trump thread and nobody has responded yet, it's about pg 660. I figured some of those folks were vaguely musically inclined, maybe somebody will use it. Me, I'd like to print it out and pin it up someplace.
Cant find it, but if it quickly became white noise, then nothing to correct or answer!

Tremop!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

Cant find it, but if it quickly became white noise, then nothing to correct or answer!

Tremop!

Click it keep saying "there's no place like Trump" and you'll go there.

petit choux posted:

Hey, user basic poster just put this up in another thread, an orb for your collective rear end to ponder.

Basic Poster posted:

Yep...

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Thank you!

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

You are super welcome. Let me know if any of it is unclear!

I'm extremely happy that a thing I did has value to good people.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Basic Poster posted:

I've never tried visualizing other note intervals as a circle LOL, just fifths. I'm going to be contemplating this orb for a little bit. And I only opened it in IE because my context menu said. I just reopened it in Chrome and it's fine. Imma print it to PDF and get it printed out at an office supply store or something.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I have a potentially very stupid question, and this I think is the most appropriate thread for it.

I've been working my way through the Extreme Vocal Institute's lessons--I'm already a pretty good clean vocals singer, but I really like deathcore/death metal/black metal vocals, so I'm learning to do that. I also have an idea for a three-song EP that I'll be working on writing the lyrics for--something similar to Worm Shepherd, Lorna Shore, Shrine of Malice, etc.

I have no interest in making money off of this or making a band out of it but I am not a composer and I cannot play any instruments. I also have disposable income to throw at this as a pure vanity project. How would I find someone I could pay to help write/record the instrumentals for this? Fiverr? Should I just reach out to some of the lesser-known deathcore bands and see if they like money?

(I can record the vocals on my own, I have a Shure SM7B and Moondrop Blessing 2 IEMs)

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 29, 2023

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Any chance that there's a drummer in NJ that's willing to play a one-off rehearsal/test jam in early to mid September? I'm going to try playing guitar and doing some vocals with my cousin (lead guitar) and her girlfriend (bass). I've never played with other people before so it's just going to be something at a rehearsal studio (we'd split the cost evenly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

Basic Poster posted:

I downloaded this too thank you