Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Yikes all heavy hitters. Think Rum Fire would be a good substitute?

can confirm it is

have also done it with this unaged Jamaican stuff i have literally just called "The Funk" and it's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Cincinnati area $77 state controlled price, had about ten bottles of green and six bottles of yellow.

First time trying it... I like it. Probably will never buy another bottle if it cost $97 though.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Human Tornada posted:

Cincinnati area $77 state controlled price, had about ten bottles of green and six bottles of yellow.

First time trying it... I like it. Probably will never buy another bottle if it cost $97 though.

You uh, got a location on that? Jungle Jim's perchance?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
The Wine List in West Chester. You can use the Ohio liquor control website ohlq.com to check availability for any store/bottle in the state.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Human Tornada posted:

The Wine List in West Chester. You can use the Ohio liquor control website ohlq.com to check availability for any store/bottle in the state.

Thanks. I've found the ohlq site to be frequently wrong so I prefer asking.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I bought a bottle for $60 last week. Guess I should have bought the other two they had too

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
8 days waiting time for Élixir Végétal, but the other two are out of stock for mystery amounts of time. Worth getting or tough it out? I’ve heard it’s intense which is fine, but apparently kinda bleh for mixing with?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's interesting it's going up in price retail because they swore it wouldn't see a price jump for on premise wholesale

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I should go see if the italian deli/cheese shop by me still has those 4-5 dusty bottles sitting on a bottom-corner shelf for $59.99/ea

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Michigan’s Chartreuse state minimum went from $65 to $84 this month.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Snow Cone Capone posted:

can confirm it is

have also done it with this unaged Jamaican stuff i have literally just called "The Funk" and it's awesome

Sweet. I will make this tonight.

My local store was selling the funk for supercheap. They were selling a 750 mL bottle for $10. I looked it up again and it looks like the store probably got it on clearance because they were changing the bottle shape.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Corb3t posted:

Michigan’s Chartreuse state minimum went from $65 to $84 this month.

I have yet to see chartreuse available in my area over the last year.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Was loving around with leftover stuff in my fridge and bar and find a nice combination - umeshu, gin, and averna with a splash of soda water.

Apparently averna and umeshu with rye is a "Geisha Manhattan"? Although that sounds more like a Japanese Boulevardier, maybe a "Tokyo Drift"?

Alucard fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 19, 2024

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Sweet. I will make this tonight.

My local store was selling the funk for supercheap. They were selling a 750 mL bottle for $10. I looked it up again and it looks like the store probably got it on clearance because they were changing the bottle shape.

lol that's what happened to me but it was like a year ago, I think it was $12.99 or something crazy

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

1 oz Wray & Nephew
.75 oz Green Chartreuse
.25 oz Velvet Falernum
.75 oz lime

Shake. Surprisingly pleasant and complex for rocket fuel.

Good poo poo :tipshat: Don't think I'm going to be able to nurse my bottle of green for very long after this

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Snow Cone Capone posted:

lol that's what happened to me but it was like a year ago, I think it was $12.99 or something crazy

K&L?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

nah some place in upstate NY where my wife's family lives

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just made the Nuclear Daiquiri. Very good. I would probably up the Chartreuse by 1/4 or 1/2.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

obi_ant posted:

Just made the Nuclear Daiquiri. Very good. I would probably up the Chartreuse by 1/4 or 1/2.

Enough of that talk and you find yourself just drinking chartreuse straight!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Yeah like any daiquiri you gotta tweak the ratio until you find yours. Think it might be worth trying with an agricole instead of the Wray & Nephew too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Carillon posted:

Enough of that talk and you find yourself just drinking chartreuse straight!

Both green and yellow are great on an ice cube after dinner.