Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
OK, that’s a relief. Everything works as well as it ever has, and I don’t want to spend money just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Open casting call for the main character in a high profile game, wow!

Seeking a latine voice actress to portray the psychic magical girl protagonist of Read Only Memories: NEURODIVER, the follow up to 2064: Read Only Memories

edit: role cast :toot:

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 16, 2022

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
So! I've built myself a gaming rig and decided I may as well take the plunge and stream. Like anyone's going to be interested in watching me game.

Of course, to do that I'll probably need to use something other than this old USB Snowball. What would be an appropriate setup?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
EDIT: Job has been completed

HOWEVER, I'm still on the lookout for actresses to hire for current and upcoming clients, feel free to PM or email me with demo/samples if you'd like to be on the short list.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 7, 2022

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

WarpedNaba posted:

So! I've built myself a gaming rig and decided I may as well take the plunge and stream. Like anyone's going to be interested in watching me game.

Of course, to do that I'll probably need to use something other than this old USB Snowball. What would be an appropriate setup?

I bought a Audio-Technica 2020+USB during the pandemic to participate in a podcast while I was remote during the beginning of the pandemic. I've been using it to stream fake baseball.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7063333606810340654

Also, I forget if I posted this here. I've been doing dribs and drabs of VO for the same VR game which was posted on this thread for a long time. Basically random pick ups at this point. This was posted in the Fall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDPJJZqeAHY

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Crosspost from the work for hire thread:

I want to finish up an old radio drama from a decade ago that I adore and is 90% finished, but is missing a few key bits to get over the finish line. It's a quick, simple, easy gig for the right voice actor.

I'm looking to record under 50 lines with someone who can do a passable Spanish accent. It really doesn't even need to be that good, just vaguely recognizably from Spain. Most of the lines are from "extras" who speak minor background dialogue, and then there are a handful of lines from a villainous Spanish man who is either sniveling or authoritative.

I'm happy to pay whatever your going rate is—as long as the accent's decent-enough, I'm not picky. I just want to finish the project.

I can also provide you with the audio of characters you'll be talking with, and if it helps, finished scenes so that you get a sense of the tone.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Crosspost from the work for hire thread:

I want to finish up an old radio drama from a decade ago that I adore and is 90% finished, but is missing a few key bits to get over the finish line. It's a quick, simple, easy gig for the right voice actor.

I'm looking to record under 50 lines with someone who can do a passable Spanish accent. It really doesn't even need to be that good, just vaguely recognizably from Spain. Most of the lines are from "extras" who speak minor background dialogue, and then there are a handful of lines from a villainous Spanish man who is either sniveling or authoritative.

I'm happy to pay whatever your going rate is—as long as the accent's decent-enough, I'm not picky. I just want to finish the project.

I can also provide you with the audio of characters you'll be talking with, and if it helps, finished scenes so that you get a sense of the tone.
Figured you'd get a bite by now. Send me the full details/scripts through PM and I'll see if I can finally clear this off your plate.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Is it me, or did the market utterly dry up

Pity there's no agencies down here. Or VA union, come to think of it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

WarpedNaba posted:

Is it me, or did the market utterly dry up

Pity there's no agencies down here. Or VA union, come to think of it.

I've busied myself by developing a commercial demo reel, which will be completed on Wednesday. THEN I'll give it to my agent (and other agencies) and see if they will do anything!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Things that have happened since the last post:
-Commercial demo was completed and sent to my agent
-Submitted to several other in-state agencies
-Purchased a new computer and audio interface
-Learned that most in-state agencies won't do ipDTL
-Calculated how much it would cost to move to Dallas or Houston
-Cried due to only having $3,000 in the bank

Things that have not happened since the last post:
-Found VO work that fit me, a boring white guy

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah, I know VA is supposedly something that can be done if you have the luxury of your own studio (Which I, living in a single room constantly described as 'the shoebox', cannot achieve), but are there like cities or locations where living close by would give more opportunities for serious voice work?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

WarpedNaba posted:

Yeah, I know VA is supposedly something that can be done if you have the luxury of your own studio (Which I, living in a single room constantly described as 'the shoebox', cannot achieve), but are there like cities or locations where living close by would give more opportunities for serious voice work?

It depends on what you’re looking for! My ultimate goal is to dub anime, so my best options are in Dallas and/or Houston (I live in Austin, roughly half-way between the two).

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Ah, I live in Auckland. A 5,000 km commute might be a bit of a sticking point.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
edit: there was a casting call here, but there is not anymore

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 11, 2022

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

This looks extremely valuable:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17z2coJ5xRsIVz8lDvcln8fldxaat7YDnS0pOJ-SHxn4/edit#gid=0

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

In other news, I continue to do small VO jobs here and there. I'm occasionally doing VO work for that INTO THE RADIUS game that is now also on Oculus 2 or whatever. It happens randomly but is always nice to get.

I've been working at A+E for the last year as a graphics producer for Lifetime. I was repeatedly told in meetings that I should try to get VO work here. So I inquired about it. I was told they only hire VO people who have an agent. They connected me with the SVP at Atlas Talent who listened to my demo, was very complimentary, and then said "there is a lot of potential in your commercial reel, I see why they ask you that! To be honest, however, that part of our roster where you'd fit is highly competitive and we just don't have any space on the roster to take on anyone new at this time in your category." She did encourage me to keep looking for a rep but my experience has been very much this.

My contract at A+E is ending in December (means I can't work there for a year) so I'm considering getting back into the audition grind. Fun!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Been a while since I posted. I'm glad to say that I think I am improving.

Though right now I've been in a lull because my current job has been really stressful lately, but I did get a part in a game jam VN a few months back. Which, to be honest, was a heck of a rush. I got to work with someone that I admire greatly, and I am going to audition for another role they posted recently.

I enjoy what I've done, and I want to do more. Been looking at stuff on CCC and VAC Discord for a bit now, but I might hold off until next year when I move back to the states and get a house in Kansas. Then I can work on making a proper setup with an XLR mic and a space that isn't stuffed with supplies.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
God drat this well is dry. I've received only three requests for submission in the past four months - two of which I was unqualified for being a boring white guy, the third was smut.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Subscribe to this Twitter account for email notifications on fresh auditions. Some decent gigs slip through:
https://twitter.com/VACastingRT

Newest animated trailer just dropped from one of my main clients, all voices done by my primary actress and myself:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1109660/Age_of_Fear_5_The_Day_of_the_Rat/

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Thanks for the links, but I've pretty much lost all hope with the thing.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, I guess I should tell everyone I plan to move to Dallas in the next few months. I had never wanted to move to Dallas without actual work lined up, but 11 years out of college with 10 Australian dollars to my career isn’t going to cut it in the long run. Does anyone have any advice for me before I place a deposit for an apartment?

shehackedyou
Aug 14, 2004

it is never too late to give up your prejudices
I recently started free live open-source computer science and programming classes.

And if anyone is interested in the practice, I will be able to pay people for work soon, and I would pay retroactively if I ever used anything containing your voice in it. The project is making money, but more is needed to cover the basic costs to operate it, but it is growing.

I'm interested in working with some voice actors to improve the production quality of my project.

I was thinking of having a bumper in between re-runs; my initial idea was to have a voice actor reading an old sci-fi short story written by an author who died almost a decade before I was born. I'm interested in the short story "The Cold Equations" by Tom Godwin. And the work is in the public domain.

A copy is available here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxiY2hzbXJlcmlja3NvbnxneDo5NjI5MmU1OTQ2YWViOW

This specific task is primarily about trying to establish working relationships with people who are reliable, capable of understanding the aesthetic, and whose work fits within the context of what I'm trying to create.

I'm aware that I can find someone reading this on the internet.

This practice run is more about establishing a relationship with some voice actors interested in helping establish something in the very early stages. And I strongly believe in both workers' rights, and as an artist, I know how often we get screwed over. And I'm interested in establishing friendships with people with talents that would work well with my project.

I'm already working with some Yale Alumni who worked at NASA despite coming from a dirt-poor background. She is providing educational content outside the scope of what I do (mostly computer science, physics, and open-source hardware and software engineering).

If this sounds interesting to you, please PM or email me. If I decide it is good enough to broadcast your voice, I would give you a say in final-cut, and pay you retroactively for the work done.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
The link you posted doesn't seem to work. It just says no preview available and no download button or anything. I wouldn't mind giving it a go perhaps, especially since I have a computer engineering degree myself. However I have very limited experience and I feel like I need to smoke for a decade and pick up the habit of drinking booze before my voice will be any interesting to listen to. :v:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Just found this on Twitter, could be a nice small gig for a very cool project

https://twitter.com/smbmovie/status/1694828230379790504?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
I just began recording one of my self published books just to see the process and uh drat. Lots of work. It seems like and though I grew up with some stage training this felt awkward.