Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Yeah, the symbols indicate what expansion the card is from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah, I know that. But there are a bunch of cards with two expansion symbols on them. That's what I'm asking about :v: They all have the creature vault symbol on them, and the second symbol is from a variety of different sets, depending on the card.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

S.J. posted:

Yeah, I know that. But there are a bunch of cards with two expansion symbols on them. That's what I'm asking about :v: They all have the creature vault symbol on them, and the second symbol is from a variety of different sets, depending on the card.

It means they were in an expansion and the creature vault, no? Here is the index for what symbols mean what.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

homullus posted:

It means they were in an expansion and the creature vault, no? Here is the index for what symbols mean what.
There were a few early monsters/monster abilities with no associated cards (like the base monsters from the core set). The creature vault contains those cards. Those cards have the symbol for the set they originally appeared in and the symbol for the creature vault (where they first become a card).

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Splicer posted:

There were a few early monsters/monster abilities with no associated cards (like the base monsters from the core set). The creature vault contains those cards. Those cards have the symbol for the set they originally appeared in and the symbol for the creature vault (where they first become a card).

Thanks! This is pretty much what I was wondering about. Thanks man.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

spacegoat posted:

Our group has more or less switched over to Star Wars, but I'd like to run Enemy Within as a last hurrah. Is there anything in the box that's critical to the campaign outside of the book? I'd prefer to just buy the pdf if all I'm missing out on are tokens and maps.

Okay, now that I have it: it comes with a load of action, enemy, location, item, clue (for when they find, well, a clue) and background (for new characters) cards, standups, a couple of maps that you can hand out to the players, and the book itself, which is about 200 pages. For $35 or so, it was a pretty good purchase, but I don't think any of it is necessary, just a lot of quality-of-life improvements.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Bumping for super sales

Buy more things you won't get to play! That's what I'm doing. :smith:

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.
Thanks for the bump, I got Signs of Faith, and two adventures we don't have yet. Too bad Lure of Power is sold out, it'd complete the Chaos Pantheon for our groups collection.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Didn't get to pick up Hero's Call, but I did pick up Witch's Night, Black Fire Pass and The Enemy Within. I now own every boxed product for WHFRP3 except Hero's Call :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.
I really like Black Fire Pass, I wish they had gone further to make some expansions for stuff like Sylvania, Athel Loren (clearly would be a Wood Elf oriented expansion) and maybe some High Seas Adventure to expand on Dark Elves and High Elves.

• Locked thread