Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Milo and POTUS posted:

It also looks like cum

my cum is more transparent than wood glue

this is concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Cum should have the consistency and color of cottage cheese, no?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Biplane posted:

Cum should have the consistency and color of cottage cheese, no?

Drink more water and gently caress less lasagna hth

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wouldn't call Wonka a particularly subtle movie, and it's a bit uneven in general, but I gotta give it credit for actually having a fairly well put together story. Stealing and remixing all kinds of concepts and gags from various Dahl stories feels like a bit of a cheap way to stay on-theme, but it works.

What I found interesting is a lot of call-backs have the villains doing things that Wonka does in the original; a kinda clear throughline that Wonka knows a good trick when he sees it, and while he's learning things the hard way he also picks up on the techniques and methods. The whole ridiculous contract with the fine print is a pretty obvious callback to the Wilder movie, but also the laundry being a sealed-off workplace, where nothing comes in but materials and nothing goes out but the products, is something he clearly saw the advantages of after dealing with sabotage. Also kinda funny the contrast between the boarding house owner keeping him and the others in extortionate indentured servitude for an arbitrarily imposed debt, vs the Oompa-Loompa taking what he considers his people owed from Wonka, but in a far more reasonable and pragmatic way- only occasionally taking a jar of chocolates and never too much to put Wonka out of business, so he'll be able to make more chocolate tomorrow. Also not to mention with the laundry, Wonka figures out how to automate the tedious, backbreaking and mind-numbing work so the staff can use their actual skills... just realising that may be a reference to how Charlie Bucket's father loses his job, heh.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Not a movie, but a show.

Wife and I have been watching our way through Firefly, where there is a character named Book. He's a priest (called a Shepherd here), but throughout the show seems to have a large amount of advanced knowledge of criminal activities, Alliance (the colonial government) protocols, has an ID card that got him advanced medical treatment on an Alliance ship, and is a very accurate shot. It's pretty clear there is a lot more to him than meets the eye.

In this last episode, a skilled bounty hunter sneaks onto their ship and manages to surprise Book after taking others out easily, getting the drop on him and seemingly knocking him out. HOWEVER, when the bounty hunter later comes through the area with another character as a prisoner, they come across Book's unconscious body, which is in a different spot than he initially fell. The prisoner character comments on how the bounty hunter attacked a shepherd, and the bounty hunter incredulously says "that ain't no shepherd". At the end when the crew is all talking and recovering from the ordeal, a character is giving Book lip about how he got his rear end kicked, to which Book seems to jokingly reply that he actually gave the guy a hell of a fight.

All the details (especially the one about his body being in a different spot) add up to suggest that he did, in fact, fight the bounty hunter and very nearly won.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Been watching true detective season 1 again; early in the seson Rust says he's never once been in a room with a perp for more than ten minutes before knowing whether they done it or not. In one of the later episodes he's visiting Billy Lee Tuttle the church head in his office ostensibly to talk about a case involving former staff, but really just to get a read on him. Rust spends six minutes in the room with him before he knows Tuttle is guilty as gently caress and for a split second a look of smug triumph washes over Rust's face. I thought it was neat :shobon:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Biplane posted:

Been watching true detective season 1 again; early in the seson Rust says he's never once been in a room with a perp for more than ten minutes before knowing whether they done it or not. In one of the later episodes he's visiting Billy Lee Tuttle the church head in his office ostensibly to talk about a case involving former staff, but really just to get a read on him. Rust spends six minutes in the room with him before he knows Tuttle is guilty as gently caress and for a split second a look of smug triumph washes over Rust's face. I thought it was neat :shobon:

love that scene, theyre both so goddamn smug in their different ways

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

love that scene, theyre both so goddamn smug in their different ways

It's wild how good season 1 is. I must have watched it half a dozen times by now and every time I notice something new.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Ugh, damnit. You guys are going to make me watch it again. I had poo poo to do tomorrow.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I talked my girlfriend into watching it for her first time a couple months ago. Such a good fuckin show.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Ugh, damnit. You guys are going to make me watch it again. I had poo poo to do tomorrow.

Someone once told me time is a flat circle. You're going to be in that room, watching that show again. And again. And again. Forever.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i was right about this then, and im right about it now.

Carthag Tuek posted:

true detective, ep 5

when they cross the walkway over the water in the beginning, they are in exact lockstep. when they walk back over, they come gradually out of sync

about minutes 8 and 18

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Carthag Tuek posted:

i was right about this then, and im right about it now.

What action takes place in the middle? Is that the raid on the house?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Biplane posted:

Someone once told me time is a flat circle. You're going to be in that room, watching that show again. And again. And again. Forever.

The original thread was so loving funny. They used this reasoning to suggest it had to do with a DVD which was so stupid I found it endearing and oddly clever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mauser posted:

What action takes place in the middle? Is that the raid on the house?

yeah. also its where the suzhet and the fabula start to diverge for real

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I just need you guys to stop saying odd poo poo, ok?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei GlÀser

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I just need you guys to stop saying odd poo poo, ok?

We're not going to make the thread a place of silent reflection

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i just realized, when laszlo is wearing the cursed hat & gets his cape stuck in the cab's door and it just drives off, that is because hes not visible in the rear view mirror :pusheen:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Carthag Tuek posted:

i just realized, when laszlo is wearing the cursed hat & gets his cape stuck in the cab's door and it just drives off, that is because hes not visible in the rear view mirror :pusheen:

It's actually because he's wearing the cursed hat, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's actually because he's wearing the cursed hat, hth

its not cursed!