Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

No just like a wind surfing setup or something like that secured to the roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Stolen from YOSPOS:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
JFC that is so goddamn stupid

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Wouldn't a heavy rain/wind storm do the same thing?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Number_6 posted:

Wouldn't a heavy rain/wind storm do the same thing?

Heavy rain? In California?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Cammisa was right. Cars are built for where they are designed.

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Because it's 2024 and we invented powered door technology, grandad. Also it's awesome.

More expensive and more stuff to break? Yes, that too. But awesome, it's a door that opens and closes at the press of a button!

My uncle got a BMW X7 and it took six people like 20 minutes to figure out how to get the middle row seats to fully retract so that you can climb into the third row seats. And another ten minutes to get the middle row to fully deploy and latch into place. Now, if I ever climb into the 3rd row of a fifteen year old suburban, just grunt and slam the middle seats out of the way and it's at least as satisfying as hitting a nice 3-2 downshift in a semi sporty manual car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Failson posted:

Stolen from YOSPOS:

To be fair I scrolled the owner's account and he says it has only caught water because he took the thing apart and it was sat out in the rain. The reason why he took it apart? He took it to Moab and basically destroyed the car :v: (half shaft and hub stripped, has punched a hole in the top shock mount on one side from a supposed 4' drop.)

https://twitter.com/dblcapcrimpin/status/1778199104763605092?t=3kfQ1rpuZhFHc0xqW87iIg&s=19

https://twitter.com/dblcapcrimpin/status/1779138976021983425?t=agAzkKwI7aMKXLo44VCl0Q&s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 24, 2024

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I've seen so much made up bullshit about Teslas and cyber trucks in general, that I'm going to need more proof than a screenshot of a screenshot.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

A four foot drop onto what looks like a mild upslope is pretty full on, doubly so for something so drat heavy. I've had a number of modified off road fourbies and lmao at the idea of just loving sending it off a meter plus drop. But good on old mate for treating his godawful piece of poo poo losermobile with the appropriate amount of respect.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Nitrox posted:

I've seen so much made up bullshit about Teslas and cyber trucks in general, that I'm going to need more proof than a screenshot of a screenshot.

Of that guy launching it off a dropoff? There video of it, he hosed his Cybershit up good and proper. It's rhe kind of drop that would gently caress up plenty of better off road vehicles tho so I won't entirely put it down to lovely design

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ili posted:

good on old mate for treating his godawful piece of poo poo losermobile with the appropriate amount of respect.

They said the odds were simply astronomical but we've found the single 'cool' cybertruck owner. (he still posts a million times a day about Tesla stocks and other assorted shite but at least he whipped that thang harder than any other owner has ever dared, got it on video, has been honest about the aftermath and is razzing Tesla about their lovely product).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

They said the odds were simply astronomical but we've found the single 'cool' cybertruck owner. (he still posts a million times a day about Tesla stocks and other assorted shite but at least he whipped that thang harder than any other owner has ever dared, got it on video, has been honest about the aftermath and is razzing Tesla about their lovely product).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NItjnKaijNU

These dorks did something similar, kitted it out for serious offroading and then destroyed said cybertruck over the course of 2 days at Sand Hollow. Apparently took it off a dune at speed and :rip:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If only I figured out sooner that buying expensive cars and destroying them for youtube would be profitable somehow :v:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Good for that guy.
And I also think that all cyber cuck owners should do the same. Jump them bitches off a four foot drop and really show us how "awesome" they are by destroying them.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

madeintaipei posted:

I really enjoy powered sliding doors on minivans.

My BMW wagon let's me kick my leg under the bumper for the hatch to open up. Super convenient when my hands are full (the ≈75% of the time it works), super annoying when I'm trying to jack up the rear of the car and moving the lever of the floor jack sets it off.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

There should be a shutoff or bypass for the motion switch. May have to access it through the menu, but hopefully there's a physical switch for it, at the tailgate or on the dash somewhere (probably down by your knee); the owner’s manual should tell you

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Of that guy launching it off a dropoff? There video of it, he hosed his Cybershit up good and proper. It's rhe kind of drop that would gently caress up plenty of better off road vehicles tho so I won't entirely put it down to lovely design

I mean people taking the photos from whatever off-road destruction and spreading them around with misleading captions, claiming that the truck is falling apart from regular use. Just like this car wash bullshit, apparently already disproven.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Nitrox posted:

I mean people taking the photos from whatever off-road destruction and spreading them around with misleading captions, claiming that the truck is falling apart from regular use. Just like this car wash bullshit, apparently already disproven.

frickin SHORTS are at it again!!

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Dahir Insaat over here with the Distributed Tire Inflation System

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Dr Rocksalt posted:

Am I too late? :(

Edit: can’t read
Edit2: penance of a Challenger that looks like a coffee flavored Monster can.

I think got everyone now. If it doesn't show in a few days, gimme a yell.

(Wow, No time with a Cat is wasted was popular)

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Night Danger Moose posted:

I need the reprieve of not wasting time with a cat in exchange for having to see this with my own eyes at cars & coffee this morning.

I think you missed mine, because if this doesn't qualify as terrible car stuff we're gonna have a fight.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I think you missed mine, because if this doesn't qualify as terrible car stuff we're gonna have a fight.

Already in the admin queue to be processed when an admin pressesapprove button

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I need the reprieve of not wasting time with a cat in exchange for having to see this with my own eyes at cars & coffee this morning.

Da Vette Zone!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Seal looks good to me

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Scratch Monkey posted:

Da Vette Zone!

its detuned to 100hp and the lettering on the orangewall tires says things like "TIRED ALL THE TIME" and "87 OCTAINE ONLY"

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Don’t forget to check your pinniped differential regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That's a seal of approval