Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
King Arthur's youtube channel just released a video on baking mini-focaccia to use for sandwiches, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0h742NZFH0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just got back from Rome and snowing other things I really enjoyed the sandwiches;

Could someone help me identify the bear so I can try making it at home? It looks a lot like a pizza base and this place also did pizza so I'm thinking of starting with one of my recipes for that and make a bunch of flat breads from it. Not as thin as a pizza, more aiming to be enough that it will cut in half nearly.

Looks like it could be this actually, to me

NLJP posted:

Someone a while back was looking for other things to use a pizza oven for and somehow i'd never heard of this and it looks pretty great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI6uAJNqt0g

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah it didn't looked baked all-together to me

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

NLJP posted:

I think you're right, one of the places I went/ordered from was Mi'ndujo (not the one pictured above) and their website refers to Sanizzo bread, which google seemed to treat as interchangeable with panuozzo.

I actually made some pizza dough over night and shaped it into little loaves, I think they need to be a bit flatter to get the desired effect, they stayed a bit doughy in the middle even after flipping for some extra time in the oven, and didn't have the surface area for fillings I was after. Probably pressing or stretching them more will do it, not to pizza thinness but just to get it cooked through and crusty.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Could it be a schiacciata?

Here's a recipe that I haven't tried, just found it from google.
https://ladyandpups.com/2020/03/09/best-sandwich-bread-florence-style-schiacciatta/

edit: oh whoops. Didn't realize the person above me was the op asking the question.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

NLJP posted:

Oh cool, a pizza dough sandwich! Definitely interested in trying that next time I’ve got a pizza dough sitting around.

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
I recently learned about the existence of the Double Italian Hitdog, which I now feel honor bound to try.

Two hotdogs cooked in oil (in which hot peppers were marinating) and topped with potatoes, and sauteed peppers and onions, and then wrapped in pizza dough instead of a bun.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Hopes Fall posted:

I recently learned about the existence of the Double Italian Hitdog, which I now feel honor bound to try.

Two hotdogs cooked in oil (in which hot peppers were marinating) and topped with potatoes, and sauteed peppers and onions, and then wrapped in pizza dough instead of a bun.

MODS??!!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just got back from Rome and snowing other things I really enjoyed the sandwiches;

Could someone help me identify the bear so I can try making it at home? It looks a lot like a pizza base and this place also did pizza so I'm thinking of starting with one of my recipes for that and make a bunch of flat breads from it. Not as thin as a pizza, more aiming to be enough that it will cut in half nearly.

check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLGA0t0gNE&t=777s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I made a nice seeded Rye, Spelt and Wheat loaf, turned out nice. Not enough steam but otherwise OK.

But the best part I had used buckwheat flour to dust the banneton and it juts gave an amazing nutty flour crust on the outside. Would recommend.