Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

taco show posted:

Most corporate cards you can ask to associate the points on your personal acct- that’s what I’ve always done with my work amex. If you don’t have a personal amex already I think it’s $65/yr. I also kept all my points when I left my last job.

That's a feature the company has to opt into so I'll check but I haven't had success with that at large companies in the past. We'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Beef Of Ages posted:

That's a feature the company has to opt into so I'll check but I haven't had success with that at large companies in the past. We'll see.

My previous companies did this, my current one does not, unfortunately.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Anyone ever stay at Mint House hotel brand for corporate travel? The downtown NYC one popped up in Concur for me at a very good rate ($160) so I figured it was worth a shot. Turns out it was a huge room with a full kitchen and living room, and super hipster decor. Like there is a turntable with records and a pour over coffee setup. I guess it’s supposed to be a mix of an Airbnb and a hotel, set up as hotel floors within an apartment building.

Only negative is that the contactless check in didn’t work since Concur doesn’t pass them my email as part of the booking. Not sure if there is any way to fix that. And you don’t get points but I don’t do enough hotel travel for that to matter.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I haven't stayed at Mint House. I did some experimenting with Sonder it wasn't that great. Super barebones and everything worn out. Too many additional fees like parking. Kasa on the other hand is good. Bluegrounds is good too.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 21, 2024

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
A question for you worldly travelers:

I purchased a $3k delta flight last year but had to cancel. I received an ecredit that expires in August. Am I correct in stating that I only have to BOOK a ticket before the expiration date, and I can fly at a later time?

I don't have any vacation lined up at the moment but I don't want to lose that money for nothing. If there is a better thread to ask this, let me know. Thanks!

*Some googling and reading answered my question I think. I have to book before expiration but my flight date can be as far out as allowed (I think).

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I’ve done it (on AA) when I booked a fully refundable/reschedulable ticket to somewhere I do actually want to go and then moved it to the right dates when I figured it out or cancelled it to get another voucher with a new date. You also don’t have to use the entire voucher on one itin- I used mine for three separate trips.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
The sage and wise taco show has it down. If you're worried about the credit expiring, book something that uses it. If you take the trip, great. If not, cancel it and the credit will be stored under a new ticket number that extends its life. I recently had to do this with some orphaned AA miles that were set to expire. Booked a cheap award ticket and canceled it after it ticketed; boom, another 18 months of validity or whatever their window is now.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Here’s an annoying thing I’m trying to figure out.

Every time I go through US airport security, my crotch sets off the scanner.

On the one hand, I’m flattered that according to the US government, what’s in my pants is apparently a potential security risk. On the other hand, it would be nice to travel without getting groped. This happens at multiple airports, and I do not know what causes this.

It happens with jeans and sweat pants. I don’t know what it can be, and it’s annoying to deal with.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Try plastic instead of metal for your various piercings?

Edit: this you? (Stolen from the aviation thread)

FunOne fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 22, 2024

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Sadly, or thankfully, I have no piercings.

I swear, this is a real problem, and not some kind of low key brag.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Cemetry Gator posted:

On the one hand, I’m flattered that according to the US government, what’s in my pants is apparently a potential security risk. On the other hand, it would be nice to travel without getting groped. This happens at multiple airports, and I do not know what causes this.

It happens with jeans and sweat pants. I don’t know what it can be, and it’s annoying to deal with.

This is the regular millimeter wave machines? The easiest solve here is getting Precheck so you almost never have to use them.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Which of the machines is flagging you?

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

I STOLE A PIE FROM ESTELLE GETTY

Cemetry Gator posted:

Sadly, or thankfully, I have no piercings.

I swear, this is a real problem, and not some kind of low key brag.

I have found a support group for you: https://www.reddit.com/r/bigdickproblems/comments/16j5y83/i_set_off_the_millimeter_scanner_at_the_airport/

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Beef Of Ages posted:

This is the regular millimeter wave machines? The easiest solve here is getting Precheck so you almost never have to use them.

Cool. That shouldn’t be too hard.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I think those machines have to run the scan in "Male" or "Female" mode. If they scan you in "Female" mode it might flag a "unexpected dong in the banging area." The TSA agent is making that decision for you, I think asking them to run the scan in a specific way might cause more problems than it solves. I agree that TSA-PRE will probably be the best.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I have cleared exec platinum for this year and I am nowhere near the spend for concierge key.

Let that sink in

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

I STOLE A PIE FROM ESTELLE GETTY

sellouts posted:

I have cleared exec platinum for this year and I am nowhere near the spend for concierge key.

Let that sink in

What is the spend for CK?

AA had some goodies for Investor Day:

0 miles if you don't book through an AA approved channel

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

i fly airplanes posted:

What is the spend for CK?

Maybe he's qualifying through Loyalty Points?

But if you already have 200,000 LPs at this point, that works out to 2.4 million LPs this year. There's no published guideline but AA has been known to give CK to people who make a few million LPs.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

When I’ve qualified before it was due to relationship / travel control for clients which purchase significant amounts of airfare including many premium cabin tickets.

I’m slightly kidding and 2m+ LP would probably do it. But realistically I can’t keep up this level of spend/travel and even 600-800k LP doesn’t get you there anyways.

And they’re kind of gutting the benefits of the CK program anyways.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Cemetry Gator posted:

I have a specific pair of shorts and a pair of pants that get me the grope and tickle every time I forget and wear them. I found I get it more if I am sweating from trying to make the baggage drop deadline or just existing in the Southeast US.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
I've been out of work for the last seven-odd months and (finally) started a new gig last week. I'm now on my first business trip with a 40 minute connection in ATL because I like to live dangerously. Of course, there is snow moving through MKE right now and we're likely to have to deice which will destroy my connection.

Ah business travel, how I missed you.

Edit: Made it (barely). 🤘

Beef Of Ages fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 25, 2024

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

SpeedFreek posted:

I have a specific pair of shorts and a pair of pants that get me the grope and tickle every time I forget and wear them. I found I get it more if I am sweating from trying to make the baggage drop deadline or just existing in the Southeast US.

Share the brand. I've got flights coming up and like it weird.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

There is an enormous difference between 25% (my normal) and 50% (what it's been since the first of the year) and I just want to say that I miss my cats, my bed, and my husband. Y'all who do this and more on the regular are saints.

Posting from one of my three legs today. At least I made Delta platinum for 2025 already.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I had my first trip since having a baby and that was difficult even though it was just one overnight.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
I've been away from home for 32 days this year up to now. Mostly work, but some private days mixed in. I haven't traveled this much for work (or at all) since 2014/2015

I like it, but I'm feeling the drawbacks more and more.

I don't have enough time to fix stuff at home and run normal errands. Between two trips, all I did was lay underneath my sink to repair the drain and hook up a new dishwasher. Today I came back from ten days in the Baltics and I sincerely couldn't tell if the elevator in the building I live in had had its interior updated

If everything works out, I'm not traveling again until mid May, so hopefully that'll give me some time to organize my life.

Next year, I'm going to spread things out a bit more evenly

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Yeah I had some big summer projects at home that I didn't do because I was traveling so much last year and my husband honestly isn't a handy person.

I've completely neglected my house this calendar year so far and I'm hoping after my trip next week I can breathe.

At least the people at the airport lounges recognize and remember me :smith:

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

At least the people at the airport lounges recognize and remember me :smith:
Yup.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I had my first trip since having a baby and that was difficult even though it was just one overnight.

Did you take the baby with you on the overnight, or did you mean that it was difficult for the other parent to manage?

When I was leaving for a trip last month, my 1 year old cried when I had to go to the airport. That hurt a little.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Baby stayed home with wife. Wife was fine. I was sad to not be putting the baby to bed :(

movax
Aug 30, 2008

movax posted:

What the gently caress is Delta thinking.

Had to adjust my personal travel to go directly from DTW-ZRH, through way of JFK. OK, fine.... and then as I comment to a co-worker about how Delta still has 767s on some routes, I realized I didn't check what they fly on JFK-ZRH... of course it's a loving 767.

They wanted $7500 on that route to sit in the old D1 product (I did not do that). Looking at the seatmap, for a flight 2 weeks out, 15 unsold D1 seats still sitting there with a $3519 upgrade cost. Do the banks just pay that, or what? Maybe for an extra $1K or ~100K skymiles I'd do it, but :lol: at that on an ancient airframe (that I don't believe has been updated).

This is Sunday, and the app dangled upgrade to D1 for 50,000 miles… much more reasonable so I went for it. Three seats left to pick from ~2 days before departure, thanks Delta Revenue Algorithm(TM).

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

movax posted:

This is Sunday, and the app dangled upgrade to D1 for 50,000 miles… much more reasonable so I went for it. Three seats left to pick from ~2 days before departure, thanks Delta Revenue Algorithm(TM).

All day, every day.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Also Delta is throwing me a bone and has put the 752 on both of my flights next week and I'm so unreasonably excited.

There are few things in travel better than boarding the aircraft and turning left.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I got to experience the NJ earthquake this morning and now my plane out of EWR is delayed. How does an EARTHquake affect an AIRplane? It doesn't even make sense! (I'm super kidding.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Gravitee posted:

I got to experience the NJ earthquake this morning and now my plane out of EWR is delayed. How does an EARTHquake affect an AIRplane? It doesn't even make sense! (I'm super kidding.)

To be fair, EWR experiences delays if someone farts on the AirTrain.