Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ras Het posted:

the easternmost points of international federations
What's the easternmost point of the Commonwealth of Nations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Private Speech posted:

So what happens if you step over the border? It must be a temptation for the tourists, right?

Do the Russians chase you when you go back to Finland or what.

The border patrols will attempt to arrest you (even if you jump over the border and immediately come back). About 10 cases every year apparently. Getting caught by the Finns results a hefty fine (or possible up to one year in prison, but I don't imagine they'll give that to a random tourist), getting caught by the Russians is probably a big hassle, but I imagine they'll return you mostly unharmed eventually.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Ras Het posted:

I went to the easternmost point in the EU once, a lake in the middle of nowhere in Ilomantsi, and there was a German camper van guy doing a vlog there

Doesn't France or the Netherlands or someone have a not-colony that's further east?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

A Buttery Pastry already answered this, it's Réunion.

I figured it might be New Caledonia, but it turns out that they're not part of the EU. It gets kind of confusing with the statuses of all these leftover colonies.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

God drat, I thought it was a place in European France and the joke was that Eastern Europe doesn't count.
It's still not as far east as I'd imagined though.

Greenland, despite being a Danish not-colony is also not part of the EU. And while it is not exactly eastern, it is further east, west, north and south than Iceland, which is impressive.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

What's the easternmost point of the Commonwealth of Nations?

It loops around forever so I guess Greenwich.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The correct answer is Valinor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011