Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think a big improvement in the voice was it was a bit higher pitched. The natural inclination for his voice is you think it would be low, but it is higher than you think.

I don't know if they had a different suit actor but his movement seemed better too. Also the suit itself seemed a little better. I remembered him seeming kind of bulky last season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think a big improvement in the voice was it was a bit higher pitched. The natural inclination for his voice is you think it would be low, but it is higher than you think.

Yeah, Axelrod's Zedd is honestly vocally speaking more like Chris Latta's Cobra Commander but not quite as shrill.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So I was thinking of finally giving the Boom comics a shot, how much do the various spin-offs and specials tie back into the main series (if at all)?

For that matter, are any of the PR comics prior to Boom worth checking out in your opinion (I know MMPR got a few back in the day but I forget who the publisher was)?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Larryb posted:

So I was thinking of finally giving the Boom comics a shot, how much do the various spin-offs and specials tie back into the main series (if at all)?

I'm probably like a year behind, but IIRC, almost all of the comics outside of the main series at least get referenced in the main series, and I think a couple are directly plot-relevant. The crossovers less so. But I also don't think any of the spin-offs and specials and crossovers that I read were bad or uninteresting, so you don't gain much by skipping them.

Larryb posted:

For that matter, are any of the PR comics prior to Boom worth checking out in your opinion (I know MMPR got a few back in the day but I forget who the publisher was)?

From what I've seen, no, not really, they err too strongly on the side of Being For Kids.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

disaster pastor posted:

I'm probably like a year behind, but IIRC, almost all of the comics outside of the main series at least get referenced in the main series, and I think a couple are directly plot-relevant. The crossovers less so. But I also don't think any of the spin-offs and specials and crossovers that I read were bad or uninteresting, so you don't gain much by skipping them.

From what I've seen, no, not really, they err too strongly on the side of Being For Kids.

Is there a proper reading list for the Boom comics then that tells you what goes where?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There was for a decent while 2 ongoing books. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Go Go Power Rangers, then Mighty Morphin and Power Rangers. Those were the main things you needed to read. The various one-shots and mini-series rarely actually directly tied into what was going on in the primary books. Like, you didn't need to read the OGN about Tommy's son, or the mini-series about Kim post-leaving to do gymnastics.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Can confirm that Power Rangers/TMNT crossover works fine as a stand-alone.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

There was for a decent while 2 ongoing books. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Go Go Power Rangers, then Mighty Morphin and Power Rangers. Those were the main things you needed to read. The various one-shots and mini-series rarely actually directly tied into what was going on in the primary books. Like, you didn't need to read the OGN about Tommy's son, or the mini-series about Kim post-leaving to do gymnastics.

I honestly regret how Go Go (I think) got away from being the book that mainly focused on the Rangers' daily lives.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
So I just watched a bit of GoGoV and I didn't realize that both Lightspeed and it had the red ranger try and run over the monster with a vehicle.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 3, 2023

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Anyone else see any... issues... with this?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

It seems to be made of sneks

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
It has some quirks as a figure but I'd say it is definitely a good deal at that price

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Both valid points.

The tag for Pre-Kindergarten but also 4+ but also generally being a part of a collectors' series from a self-described "classic show" of a character nobody under the age of 34 would recognize is what threw me off.

"Check out this heavily-discounted guy you don't know about from a show you don't know about with pieces you probably shouldn't have!" is a strange sales pitch but he is made of snakes and kids are dumb.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Will say that if the figure for Eye Guy is on sale definitely grab him as he's a very solid figure(in a literal sense too)

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Anyone still reading the Boom! Power Rangers comics? I'm interested in both Darkest Hour and Ranger Academy, even though I don't care for how hard they're leaning into "color as personality", like saying Billy is a Blue Ranger because he's the Smart one.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Really didn't enjoy the first issue of Ranger Academy but I'm willing to give it more time.

Darkest Hour is cool. Not sure where they will go after this, though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ASJ continues to be a moron it seems:

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/original-red-power-ranger-launching-clothing-line-featuring-hitler-quotes-3600630

He also admitted this outright in a recent appearance on Jim Cummings’ podcast

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 13, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jim Cummings, the voice of Winnie the Pooh?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Jim Cummings, the voice of Winnie the Pooh?

Yeah, it’s basically a show where he interviews other VAs. It’s not too bad honestly

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/toond-in-with-jim-cummings-the-four-finger-6s0wKoXPRFq/

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

gently caress Austin St. John, what a piece of poo poo.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

egon_beeblebrox posted:

gently caress Austin St. John, what a piece of poo poo.

He also reportedly stole hundreds of thousands from a Covid relief fund a little while back. He deserves everything that’s coming to him

As I recall Jim barely even batted an eye when ASJ mentioned the shirts in the interview which probably says a lot about Cummings as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 13, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

He also reportedly stole hundreds of thousands from a Covid relief fund a little while back. He deserves everything that’s coming to him

As I recall Jim barely even batted an eye when ASJ mentioned the shirts in the interview which probably says a lot about Cummings as well

Cummings almost had a #MeToo moment as I recall but sidestepped it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

No, he had it. They just don't mean anything.

Roughly none of those men faced real consequences. Jim Cummings is gross.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Cummings was accused of all kinds of poo poo from assault to abuse of animals by his ex-wife in a court battle over custody of their children. He gave his side of the same events in many cases, in the event of abusing the family dog he claimed he was following behavioral advice given by their veterinarian. Both have been accused of using heavy amounts of intoxicating substances, and LA Superior Court found that both had enough evidence against each other to issue a restraining order to both of them. Jim was able to keep custody of the child with his ex-wife getting visitation rights after a three month therapy program.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 14, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh bother

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Craptacular! posted:

Cummings was accused of all kinds of poo poo from assault to abuse of animals by his ex-wife in a court battle over custody of their children. He gave his side of the same events in many cases, in the event of abusing the family dog he claimed he was following behavioral advice given by their veterinarian. Both have been accused of using heavy amounts of intoxicating substances, and LA Superior Court found that both had enough evidence against each other to issue a restraining order to both of them. Jim was able to keep custody of the child with his ex-wife getting visitation rights after a three month therapy program.
Dude. Courts are notoriously bad at holding abusers to account.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LividLiquid posted:

Dude. Courts are notoriously bad at holding abusers to account.

My point was that it was a family dispute between people accusing each other of being stoned drunk off their asses on booze and weed and opioids, rather than a Harvey Weinstein or even Morgan Freeman style thing of workplace misconduct.

I'm not going to debate the merits of the court system with you.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That wasn't it, though. When news came out about him, a bunch of people took to social media to tell their own stories about him being creepy to them at cons and poo poo.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LividLiquid posted:

That wasn't it, though. When news came out about him, a bunch of people took to social media to tell their own stories about him being creepy to them at cons and poo poo.

Are you sure you aren't confusing him with Vic Mignogna, a well known anime voice actor who is pretty much cooked for being a sex pest to people at cons? Because all the headlines about Cummings I found were directly related to this custody battle and the domestic abuse claims.

I've also heard he's a chud antivax idiot, but googling it all I've found is a much younger trumpist tool with the same name.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Getting old means finding out Darkwing Duck is a piece of poo poo.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm not confident enough in my memory of years-old tweets and posts to die on this hill. If there's nothing out there, good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

AJJ weighs in on this:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The joke for the uninitiated or those who just don't care is in AJJ's comic she's writing Jason is also rogue, but like a rogue vigilante and not a medical fund robber or Hitler enthusiast.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
drat, guess he should have been the white power ranger after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I can't stop saying "x is/was a demon on steroids"