Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

fart simpson posted:

is there any way to join the awakened that doesnt involve getting rid of the drayk in the crystal mine. i have level 15 creations and he still just demolishes me

Assuming it hasn't been changed, there should be a dialogue option that doesn't end in violence, though it's definitely stat-locked and I don't know the threshold or remember what it looks for. It does make the Drayk upset with you, but it won't try to kill you.

I honestly mostly remember that the solution exists because it made me distraught as a teen to steal from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also for any faction you can skip some of the intro quest requirements with high leadership and either high or low servile sympathy, a hidden stat that tracks how you answer dialogue about serviles. Being a jackass makes it easier to join the jackass factions, being pro servile makes it easier to join the Awakened and Takers. If you go too hard on one side of the scale it can also lock you out of joining though there is an NPC who can reset your rep.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yep. i invested in leadership points and got past it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Anyone know where you go to upgrade the helix ring in the Geneforge 2 remake? I finally got it charged up but haven't found where you use the charge.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

The Moon Monster posted:

Anyone know where you go to upgrade the helix ring in the Geneforge 2 remake? I finally got it charged up but haven't found where you use the charge.

The anvil in Drypeak Warrens should work. (each faction should have it's own anvil.) You will need infernal residue and mandrake root. There are two other items that can be improved at an anvil Frosted Amulet and Feisty Slap Glove.

Or so the Hintbook says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

:911: