Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Looking forward to Kubo's next work, Baking Soda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am glad we finally learned Ywach's plan 4 pages before the end, I was just quivering with anticipation. And what a plan it was.

Truly a masterpiece of a final arc.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

IT'S OVER

IT'S OVER

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like how even in the epilogue, none of this poo poo even makes sense and he forgot about half the characters.

Also nice naked lady there mangastream.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Well that certainly wasn't satisfying at all.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The least they could have done was give Aizen a comfortable chair for saving the world.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Kubo's final troll: giving us the shittiest ending possible.

edit: Isshin got skipped, ahaha.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Finally this lovely manga it's over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYS0ZZdsnA

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Erg posted:

Looking forward to Kubo's next work, Baking Soda

Bleach was named after Kubo's favorite Nirvana song.

The sequel will be "Heart-shaped box".

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
ok

*unbookmarks thread*

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
The ending wasn't bad at all, what're you guys going on about? Kubo had to end his manga early so he just skipped a gently caress ton of stuff, which is really lovely but hey. The ending itself is kinda nice, and sets up a future thing if he's ever able to do it what with the kid grabbing and destroying some ywach ridden hyogkyo type thing.

I mean it's not the best, but it sure beats bunny woman on the moon bad. Farewell Bleach, I actually enjoyed you to the end. And hopefully kubo's learned his drat lesson with pacing the fucker.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Wait, wait, wait, wait. That was supposed to be the final chapter?

No way, not even Kubo could do an ending like that. It felt like there were 2-3 chapters left with the way that was being written. If that's really the ending then wow, the series somehow managed to surpass all the low expectations it set right at the finish line which is impressive on its own.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Chad's one and only appearance was a single panel with him not actually there. I'm glad of it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This ending is somehow worse than most endings for manga that have been canceled with 1-2 chapters of notice

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Bleach was named after Kubo's favorite Nirvana song.

The sequel will be "Heart-shaped box".

There was already a manga with that name. It was written by Courtney Love iirc.

Also the best thing about this to me are the shipping meltdowns.

First because, in the prototype of chapter one, Ichigo visibly does have a mutual crush on Orihime. Second Kubo gave an interview interview.. I think during the HM arc but maybe earlier talking about why Rukia and Ichigos friendship was so special, and one of the reasons was that he thought it was cool and unique too have the male and female leads not hook up. Which I actually like. I think its great she never got reduced to Ichigos love interest, had her own storyline (arguably the best one). I mean look what it reduced Orihime to. She was my favorite character and just became so bland...

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

My blood oath is fulfilled, now I can finally die

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

So, the special announcement is a live action movie?

Oh dear …

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Sprite141 posted:

The ending wasn't bad at all, what're you guys going on about?

You truly are the Dexo of the Bleach thread.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
So nice of Aizen to give that final ending speech about courage....

You would think they would choose another character to do that but nope! Let's choose one of the biggest villains of the series.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

you have a lot of time for self-reflection tied to a chair in the basement for 10 years

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
the ending was chill and good

bleach is chill and good

bleach is dead long live bleach

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

IceBorg posted:

You would think they would choose another character to do that but nope! Let's choose one of the biggest villains of the series.
Isn't he the only character who had any self-determination in the story? He went against SS and lost, just about everyone else was either following order or maintaining the status quo or both.

BlitzBlast posted:

You truly are the Dexo of the Bleach thread.
That's all I can think when I realize whose posts I'm reading, yeah.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Best part of the ending: Soifon appeared for two or three panels.
Worst part of the ending: she was not getting married to Yoruichi.

Thumbs down.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

dordreff posted:

Chad's one and only appearance was a single panel with him not actually there. I'm glad of it.

Chad died as he lived: Doing his job.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I forgot that the chapter's not out in English yet.

I did find this though.

http://imgur.com/a/N5MWO

haw, this whiny motherfucker is implying that kubo could have resolved anything if not for being cancelled. endlessly bleating about how their ships and pet characters never got the attention they wanted, that is the platonic ideal of bleach fandom.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dordreff posted:

The best way to send off the character

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Now where's that post-mortem thread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

alkanphel posted:

Now where's that post-mortem thread...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786970

• Locked thread